PDA

View Full Version : Cat themed gifts for Christmas

chas
November 19th 05, 06:58 PM
Ok I know there was a subject about this a while back but I just wondered
where everyone is getting their essential Christmas cat themed gifts.

I particularly after a set of tables mats (for my table not the cat!!) with
a black cat silhouette design or black paw prints design - if such a thing
exists.

Or anything else with the above type design as I collect them.

Any places that ship to the UK I'd be especially keen to learn about.

many thanks

chas

Barb
November 20th 05, 07:58 PM
Your idea of table mats with a black cat sounds cool. I have found that if
I want something that may not be around in any stores I go to eBay and type
it in where it says "search". Somewhere in the world somebody just may have
what you're looking for. This is how I got my mixing sticks with a palm
tree on top. Just described what I wanted in a few different ways for a
couple days and next thing I received them in the mail!

Try it if all else fails.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

chas
November 20th 05, 09:27 PM
Thanks. I have been to eBay. I'll keep looking.

I seem to have gradually accumulated various 'cat themed' things and people
buy them for me as well. I particularly like black cat silhouette things and
anything with black paw prints.

I have found quite a few cat shops via the internet but many do not ship to
the UK.

Still, I suppose I'm not spending too much!

chas

Juls
November 21st 05, 03:36 AM
In article >,
"chas" > wrote:

> Ok I know there was a subject about this a while back but I just wondered
> where everyone is getting their essential Christmas cat themed gifts.
>
> I particularly after a set of tables mats (for my table not the cat!!) with
> a black cat silhouette design or black paw prints design - if such a thing
> exists.
>
> Or anything else with the above type design as I collect them.
>
> Any places that ship to the UK I'd be especially keen to learn about.
>
> many thanks
>
> chas

http://www.mcphee.com

I haven't seen the table mats, but they've got rugs and shower curtains
and other assorted doodads. I checked, and they say they will ship
outside the US as well. Type cat in the search box and cat stuff comes
up.

My favorite cat "thing" is a black iron cat that hangs on the edge of a
shelf. I actually got it at a religious shrine. (Odd)

--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)
j-u-l-i-AT-e-c-t-DOT-o-r-g

chas
November 21st 05, 07:00 PM
Thanks.

Anyway - did the ancient Egytians treat cats as gods?

chas

Juls
November 21st 05, 07:59 PM
In article >,
"chas" > wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Anyway - did the ancient Egytians treat cats as gods?
>
> chas

Yes they did. They domesticated them and then eventually saw them as
protectors, communicators with the gods, and eventually I think gods
themselves. In ancient Egypt, if you killed a cat (even by accident)
your sentence was death.

--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)
j-u-l-i-AT-e-c-t-DOT-o-r-g

No More Retail
November 21st 05, 11:05 PM
death of the cat killer along with his or her family