PDA

View Full Version : Re: 'Tis the Season

November 20th 05, 05:30 AM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> We had a cold snap and I ordered a 1/2 cord of firewood and had a
> couple of fires. It's official: Kami is spoiled. I got up this
> morning and she promptly went to the fireplace and sat in front of it
> gazing into the cool blackness. then she looked at me as if to say,
> "Well? Light'er up!" Of course I did...
>
> --
> Brandy AlexandreŽ
> http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
> Well, would you?

Oh come on, it's not like you're Abe Lincoln and have to split a cord
of wood before breakfast :)

Joe Canuck
November 20th 05, 05:45 PM
wrote:

> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
>>We had a cold snap and I ordered a 1/2 cord of firewood and had a
>>couple of fires. It's official: Kami is spoiled. I got up this
>>morning and she promptly went to the fireplace and sat in front of it
>>gazing into the cool blackness. then she looked at me as if to say,
>>"Well? Light'er up!" Of course I did...
>>
>>--
>>Brandy AlexandreŽ
>>http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
>>Well, would you?
>

> Oh come on, it's not like you're Abe Lincoln and have to split a cord
> of wood before breakfast :)

I suggest she start doing that... as an alternative to coming here to
avoid taking it out on Kami.

November 21st 05, 03:13 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:
> Oh, she'll get plenty of toasty fires. Just not morning, noon, and
> night. LOL! I put a heating pad under her teepee bed. Haven't seen
> her all day except the tip of her tail sticking out slowly curling with
> contentment.

Now make sure it's a modern heating pad with the wires close together
in parallel, like a typical household electric cord would be. When the
wires are separated, they produce unwanted electromagnetic radiation
which does no good for living creatures. How dangerous is a matter of
speculation but a heating pad is too close to take a chance. Same thing
goes for water beds and electric blankets.