PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cat's droppings around the house

Rhonda
November 21st 05, 06:37 AM
I don't know about the tail, but the fur can be an issue. We have one
cat with a fluffy butt and when I see a stray dropping, I know we've
waited to long to trim him! We have one person hold him and the other
trim with a regular scissors.

Rhonda

Myriam Abramson wrote:

> Hiya!
>
> My new cat Simbah does not clean after himself too well. There are
> often droppings around the house and today, I finally stepped on one!
> My understanding is that either he is constipated or that his fur
> keeps his poop attached for some time before he shakes it off. It's a
> manx, adorable and very social. Is that something peculiar to this
> breed maybe due to the absence of tail?
>
> Is there something that can be done? Help ...
>
> myriam

cybercat
November 21st 05, 05:28 PM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> I don't know about the tail, but the fur can be an issue. We have one
> cat with a fluffy butt and when I see a stray dropping, I know we've
> waited to long to trim him! We have one person hold him and the other
> trim with a regular scissors.

We do this with Boo, but we use one of those shaver type things
for cutting hair. We make a little kitty burrito out of her. :) What
is funny is that she hates it while we are doing it, but afterward
looks very pleased with herself, as though she has just come
from the salon.

Rhonda
November 21st 05, 06:53 PM
cybercat wrote:

> We do this with Boo, but we use one of those shaver type things
> for cutting hair. We make a little kitty burrito out of her. :) What
> is funny is that she hates it while we are doing it, but afterward
> looks very pleased with herself, as though she has just come
> from the salon.

Hmmm, I wish Bear was so pleased. I don't think he is to the
proud-of-his-butt stage yet. He just runs away like "Whew, I escaped."

Rhonda

Willow
November 21st 05, 09:44 PM
*grin*

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "Rhonda" > wrote in message
> > I don't know about the tail, but the fur can be an issue. We have one
> > cat with a fluffy butt and when I see a stray dropping, I know we've
> > waited to long to trim him! We have one person hold him and the other
> > trim with a regular scissors.
>
> We do this with Boo, but we use one of those shaver type things
> for cutting hair. We make a little kitty burrito out of her. :) What
> is funny is that she hates it while we are doing it, but afterward
> looks very pleased with herself, as though she has just come
> from the salon.

Karen
November 22nd 05, 01:09 AM
On 2005-11-21 12:53:23 -0600, Rhonda > said:

> cybercat wrote:
>

>> We do this with Boo, but we use one of those shaver type things
>> for cutting hair. We make a little kitty burrito out of her. :) What
>> is funny is that she hates it while we are doing it, but afterward
>> looks very pleased with herself, as though she has just come
>> from the salon.
>

> Hmmm, I wish Bear was so pleased. I don't think he is to the
> proud-of-his-butt stage yet. He just runs away like "Whew, I escaped."
>
> Rhonda

I used to get poop shoots for Grant and Sugar (Grant is no longer with
me and Sugar seems to have gotten over the problem). The vet did it in
2 minutes flat at their check ups. They seemed to love being free and
breezy once it was done. I think it is less work for them then.

Cheryl
November 22nd 05, 01:36 AM
On Mon 21 Nov 2005 08:09:32p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:200511211909321575%[email protected]):

> I used to get poop shoots for Grant and Sugar (Grant is no
> longer with me and Sugar seems to have gotten over the problem).
> The vet did it in 2 minutes flat at their check ups. They seemed
> to love being free and breezy once it was done. I think it is
> less work for them then.

Shadow always seemed ok with it once it was done, because he wouldn't
let me clean him up back there when he had the chronic diarrhea. He
hated it while it was being done, and he surprised me with his
strength at times, so I had to have someone else do it. First time it
was a groomer, but they didn't shave close enough, so the vets office
did it every 6 months or so. Sure looked funny but we didn't laugh at
him. ;)

--
Cheryl