suzuki
November 21st 05, 10:28 PM
My 3 year kitty is usually sleeping during the day and upbeat and playful @ night. Loves going out into the garden to hang out w/our neighbor's cat. Very vocal and loves to talk.

For the past couple of days, he's been sleeping and being lazy all day and night. Doesn't get excited about playing with his favorite toys. Seems very low energy. just wants to sleep...almost "depressed like".

Appetite is good. Litterbox is being used....

Should I be worried that something is wrong...or is it common for cats to get the "winter blues"??

Karen
November 22nd 05, 01:00 AM
On 2005-11-21 16:28:37 -0600, suzuki > said:

> My 3 year kitty is usually sleeping during the day and upbeat and
> playful @ night. Loves going out into the garden to hang out w/our
> neighbor's cat. Very vocal and loves to talk.
>
> For the past couple of days, he's been sleeping and being lazy all day
> and night. Doesn't get excited about playing with his favorite toys.
> Seems very low energy. just wants to sleep...almost "depressed like".
>
> Appetite is good. Litterbox is being used....
>
> Should I be worried that something is wrong...or is it common for cats
> to get the "winter blues"??

I'd be a bit concerned. Cats behaviours do change with seasons, but
that is pretty dramatic.

cybercat
November 22nd 05, 01:36 AM
"suzuki" > wrote in message

> My 3 year kitty is usually sleeping during the day and upbeat and
> playful @ night. Loves going out into the garden to hang out w/our
> neighbor's cat. Very vocal and loves to talk.
>
> For the past couple of days, he's been sleeping and being lazy all day
> and night. Doesn't get excited about playing with his favorite toys.
> Seems very low energy. just wants to sleep...almost "depressed like".
>
> Appetite is good. Litterbox is being used....
>
> Should I be worried that something is wrong...or is it common for cats
> to get the "winter blues"??

Has he had a vet visit lately?

And ... might you think about a kitty companion for him?

whitershadeofpale
November 22nd 05, 01:52 AM
suzuki wrote:

> Should I be worried that something is wrong...or is it common for cats
> to get the "winter blues"??
>

> --
> suzuki

I think they go through mood swings and cycles just like we do
i think sometimes they are just keeping time with us

Rhonda
November 22nd 05, 04:22 AM
If this goes on for much longer, I would probably take her in for a
check-up.

I think cats have things that bother them that they can't tell us about
-- like headaches or muscle strains, just like humans. If it lasts for
awhile though, I start to get concerned.

Rhonda

suzuki wrote:

> My 3 year kitty is usually sleeping during the day and upbeat and
> playful @ night. Loves going out into the garden to hang out w/our
> neighbor's cat. Very vocal and loves to talk.
>
> For the past couple of days, he's been sleeping and being lazy all day
> and night. Doesn't get excited about playing with his favorite toys.
> Seems very low energy. just wants to sleep...almost "depressed like".
>
> Appetite is good. Litterbox is being used....
>
> Should I be worried that something is wrong...or is it common for cats
> to get the "winter blues"??

suzuki
November 22nd 05, 10:56 PM
I made the vet appt this morning....just counting the hours before we leave.

"Kisses" is walking reaaal slowly. I caught him trying to jump on an ottoman and couldn't get his hind legs off the ground. Just reached his front paws and stood there......

Will post results after the appt...

Kerry
November 24th 05, 04:05 AM
suzuki wrote:
> I made the vet appt this morning....just counting the hours before we
> leave.
>
> "Kisses" is walking reaaal slowly. I caught him trying to jump on an
> ottoman and couldn't get his hind legs off the ground. Just reached his
> front paws and stood there......
>
> Will post results after the appt...
>

> --
> suzuki