PDA

View Full Version : Frontline & White Cats

Jeannie
November 23rd 05, 03:30 PM
I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated with
Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else heard this
and if so is it true.

Thanks
Jeannie

Magic Mood Jeep©
November 23rd 05, 03:39 PM
Jeannie wrote:
> I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated
> with Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else
> heard this and if so is it true.
>
> Thanks
> Jeannie

Never heard of that before, and I have a couple of mostly-white cats. And
all but one of them is white on the shoulder/neck area that Frontline is
applied - never had any problem with ours (besides them not liking any wet
stuff on them).

For piccies see my webshots link in my sig.
--
Help the animals of Monroe County
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/nalee1964

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Willow
November 23rd 05, 03:59 PM
I never heard about it happening to white cats more than anything..

Some animal do have that reaction though.. saw it on a doggie.. :o(

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Jeannie" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated with
> Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else heard this
> and if so is it true.
>
> Thanks
> Jeannie

Jeannie
November 23rd 05, 05:21 PM
Willow wrote:
> I never heard about it happening to white cats more than anything..
>
> Some animal do have that reaction though.. saw it on a doggie.. :o(
>
> --
> Will~

Oh that's good then! You never know I might have dreamed it up:-).
I've never used Frontline before...never thought I needed to really,
but BOY do I wish I used it before now. I only saw a couple of fleas on
her the other week and now I've got about 5 hundred thousand house
guests. It's not funny, I tell you!

jmc
November 23rd 05, 06:56 PM
Suddenly, without warning, Jeannie exclaimed (23-Nov-05 3:30 PM):
> I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated with
> Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else heard this
> and if so is it true.
>
> Thanks
> Jeannie

I've never heard of this. However, I can't use Frontline, or Frontline
Plus, on my black cat - she freaks out completely, for over an hour,
shaking her skin and running to get away from whatever the sensation
she's feeling is.

I use Stronghold now (Revolution in the US), which works well but is a
tad expensive, and prescription.

jmc

MaryL
November 23rd 05, 07:12 PM
"Jeannie" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated with
> Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else heard this
> and if so is it true.
>
> Thanks
> Jeannie

I never heard that related to color. However, I applied Frontline only once
to Duffy (gray with white markings). He instantly shot straight up in the
air and ran around the room in a a complete panic. He is blind, and that wa
one of the few occasions when he ran headlong into walls furniture. I felt
dreadful and rushed to catch him as soon as I could. It didn't take long to
comfort him, but it was obviously a frightening experience for him. I went
back to Advantage after that (when needed -- which is very seldom because my
two are indoor-only).

MaryL

Willow
November 23rd 05, 08:38 PM
And that's those you know about...

*shivers* been there done that got several T-shirt

Good luck !

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Jeannie" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Willow wrote:
> > I never heard about it happening to white cats more than anything..
> >
> > Some animal do have that reaction though.. saw it on a doggie.. :o(
> >
> > --
> > Will~
>
> Oh that's good then! You never know I might have dreamed it up:-).
> I've never used Frontline before...never thought I needed to really,
> but BOY do I wish I used it before now. I only saw a couple of fleas on
> her the other week and now I've got about 5 hundred thousand house
> guests. It's not funny, I tell you!

November 25th 05, 11:04 PM
Jeannie wrote:
> I am sure I have heard somewhere that white cats cannot be treated with
> Frontline as it liable to burn their skin. Has anyone else heard this
> and if so is it true.
>
> Thanks
> Jeannie

I gave my cat frontline the day after she was spayed and dewormed. I
felt read bad because she was obviously weak. She caught fleas at the
vets, it seems. She is white and had no reaction. I think perhaps an
albino cat might be sensitive but I have never read anywhere about
frontline but I have not done a scientific search yet. Call the company
that makes Frontline. Call vets. Someone here suggested Adantage which
surprised me but maybe that's less strong. I thought the opposite but
have not researched it since I have rarely given my cat Frontline
since. No fleas, I don't bother because I am always concerned as you
obviously are.