PDA

View Full Version : Cat repellent for strayed house cats?

TopCatDonGato
November 26th 05, 02:28 AM
Hello, Thanks for reading.

I'm writing from Latin America. Some strayed house cats are coming to
my patio at nights and I want to get rid of them, yet I do not want to
harm them. I have searched the internet and found some interesting
products, but none of them is available in my country. I'd really
appreciatte if you could help me by answering the following questions:

1. I have found one cat repellent manufactured by "Four Paws" at a
local store. You can take a glance it at:

http://www.epetpals.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=045663170004

I have read in the Internet that some repellents based on apple or
orange essences can atrack some cat species instead of repelling them.
I'm also concerned about it attracting rats, since there is garbage on
the street in my neighborhood and I have seen rats occasionally. Does
this repellent by Four Paws work on strayed house cats? Could it atrack
any rats?

2. Could sulfur work as a strayed house cat repellent? I'm certain it
works with dogs, I've used it already.

3. I have not found other repellents besides this one by "Four Paws".
Is there any other thing I can use as a strayed house cat repellent? I
tried mixig Clorox with water (20% clorox, 80% water) and spraying it
around my yard, but it didn't work. I've read about orange peels, but
I'm afraid it could atrack the rats.

Thanks again for reading

No More Retail
November 26th 05, 02:41 AM
use vinegar
"TopCatDonGato" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello, Thanks for reading.
>
> I'm writing from Latin America. Some strayed house cats are coming to
> my patio at nights and I want to get rid of them, yet I do not want to
> harm them. I have searched the internet and found some interesting
> products, but none of them is available in my country. I'd really
> appreciatte if you could help me by answering the following questions:
>
> 1. I have found one cat repellent manufactured by "Four Paws" at a
> local store. You can take a glance it at:
>
> http://www.epetpals.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=045663170004
>
> I have read in the Internet that some repellents based on apple or
> orange essences can atrack some cat species instead of repelling them.
> I'm also concerned about it attracting rats, since there is garbage on
> the street in my neighborhood and I have seen rats occasionally. Does
> this repellent by Four Paws work on strayed house cats? Could it atrack
> any rats?
>
> 2. Could sulfur work as a strayed house cat repellent? I'm certain it
> works with dogs, I've used it already.
>
> 3. I have not found other repellents besides this one by "Four Paws".
> Is there any other thing I can use as a strayed house cat repellent? I
> tried mixig Clorox with water (20% clorox, 80% water) and spraying it
> around my yard, but it didn't work. I've read about orange peels, but
> I'm afraid it could atrack the rats.
>
> Thanks again for reading

Joe Canuck
November 26th 05, 03:54 AM
TopCatDonGato wrote:

> Hello, Thanks for reading.
>
> I'm writing from Latin America. Some strayed house cats are coming to
> my patio at nights and I want to get rid of them, yet I do not want to
> harm them. I have searched the internet and found some interesting
> products, but none of them is available in my country. I'd really
> appreciatte if you could help me by answering the following questions:
>
> 1. I have found one cat repellent manufactured by "Four Paws" at a
> local store. You can take a glance it at:
>
> http://www.epetpals.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=045663170004
>
> I have read in the Internet that some repellents based on apple or
> orange essences can atrack some cat species instead of repelling them.
> I'm also concerned about it attracting rats, since there is garbage on
> the street in my neighborhood and I have seen rats occasionally. Does
> this repellent by Four Paws work on strayed house cats? Could it atrack
> any rats?
>
> 2. Could sulfur work as a strayed house cat repellent? I'm certain it
> works with dogs, I've used it already.
>
> 3. I have not found other repellents besides this one by "Four Paws".
> Is there any other thing I can use as a strayed house cat repellent? I
> tried mixig Clorox with water (20% clorox, 80% water) and spraying it
> around my yard, but it didn't work. I've read about orange peels, but
> I'm afraid it could atrack the rats.
>
> Thanks again for reading

Motion sensor operated water sprinkler.

Most cats don't like getting sprinkled with water. They will soon learn
a visit to your yard means getting wet.

http://www.critterridders.com/scarecrow.htm

John Doe
November 26th 05, 04:26 AM
"TopCatDonGato" > wrote:

> I'm writing from Latin America. Some strayed house cats are coming
> to my patio at nights and I want to get rid of them, yet I do not
> want to harm them.

Animals have a very strong desire to eat. Trying to kill or repel an
animal will result in the animal finding another way. You have to
think deeper than that. If you don't want animals to come around,
you remove the food. For example, if you don't want roaches or rats,
don't leave food lying around. Be careful to avoid scattering food
and then clean up after yourself. Cats are up the food chain and
will respond in order.

Judy
November 27th 05, 05:07 AM
"TopCatDonGato" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello, Thanks for reading.
>
> I'm writing from Latin America. Some strayed house cats are coming to
> my patio at nights and I want to get rid of them, yet I do not want to
> harm them. I have searched the internet and found some interesting
> products, but none of them is available in my country. I'd really
> appreciatte if you could help me by answering the following questions:
>
> 1. I have found one cat repellent manufactured by "Four Paws" at a
> local store. You can take a glance it at:
>
> http://www.epetpals.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=045663170004
>
> I have read in the Internet that some repellents based on apple or
> orange essences can atrack some cat species instead of repelling them.
> I'm also concerned about it attracting rats, since there is garbage on
> the street in my neighborhood and I have seen rats occasionally. Does
> this repellent by Four Paws work on strayed house cats? Could it atrack
> any rats?
>
> 2. Could sulfur work as a strayed house cat repellent? I'm certain it
> works with dogs, I've used it already.
>
> 3. I have not found other repellents besides this one by "Four Paws".
> Is there any other thing I can use as a strayed house cat repellent? I
> tried mixig Clorox with water (20% clorox, 80% water) and spraying it
> around my yard, but it didn't work. I've read about orange peels, but
> I'm afraid it could atrack the rats.
>
> Thanks again for reading

Try spraying vinegar. As far as I know, it's a worldwide thing.

Judy

Judy
November 27th 05, 05:11 AM
I totally agree with the vinegar approach!

Spraying vinegar has always worked for me when it comes to strays and my
patio.