PDA

View Full Version : Duffy in the Christmas tree

MaryL
November 28th 05, 07:39 AM
I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
"Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can see
from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word "can't." (Of
course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a fan club of his
own.)

I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original message
was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if I
inadvertently use the same title as an older message.

MaryL

Wendy
November 28th 05, 11:46 AM
news:[email protected]
>I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
>"Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can see
>from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word "can't."
>(Of course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a fan club of
>his own.)
>
> I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original message
> was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if I
> inadvertently use the same title as an older message.
>
> MaryL

That must be one strong secure tree! Does he eventually leave it alone?
Hoping for tips on keeping the cat from trashing the tree <gives Boots the
evil eye>.

MaryL
November 28th 05, 12:27 PM
"Wendy" > wrote in message

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
>>"Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can see
>>from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word "can't."
>>(Of course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a fan club
>>of his own.)
>>
>> I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original message
>> was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if I
>> inadvertently use the same title as an older message.
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> That must be one strong secure tree! Does he eventually leave it alone?
> Hoping for tips on keeping the cat from trashing the tree <gives Boots the
> evil eye>.

Yes, it's an exceptionally heavy and sturdy tree. I bought this one
specifically because I wanted be sure that the cats could not topple it and
that branches would not break under their weight. In fact, it's so heavy
that I have to ask a friend to come in and set it up for me.

Holly never pays much attention to the tree. Duffy climbs it for the first
few days, then leaves it alone -- but he has never so much as disturebed an
ornament or caused anything to fall. He just loves to climb, but he never
breaks anything (on the tree or anything else).

MaryL

Wendy
November 28th 05, 04:54 PM
news:[email protected]

> "Wendy" > wrote in message
>>
>> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>>I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
>>>"Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can
>>>see from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word
>>>"can't." (Of course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a
>>>fan club of his own.)
>>>
>>> I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original
>>> message was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if
>>> I inadvertently use the same title as an older message.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>

>> That must be one strong secure tree! Does he eventually leave it alone?
>> Hoping for tips on keeping the cat from trashing the tree <gives Boots
>> the evil eye>.

> Yes, it's an exceptionally heavy and sturdy tree. I bought this one
> specifically because I wanted be sure that the cats could not topple it
> and that branches would not break under their weight. In fact, it's so
> heavy that I have to ask a friend to come in and set it up for me.
>
> Holly never pays much attention to the tree. Duffy climbs it for the
> first few days, then leaves it alone -- but he has never so much as
> disturebed an ornament or caused anything to fall. He just loves to
> climb, but he never breaks anything (on the tree or anything else).
>
> MaryL

You're lucky then. My Boots is over 2 years old and still a getinski.
Nothing is sacred. Last year we found a string of Christmas lights was out.
The wire looked like it was clipped with wire cutters - could only be my
Bootsie. He bit thought the chain on the dh's St. Christopher metal last
year (in one bite) too so we recognized his work. He had to have done it
when the lights were unplugged because I kept too good an eye on him and the
tree when it was lit up. I've had cats for 30 years and grew up with a few
as well and never had one that gets into things like he does.

Rhonda
November 29th 05, 06:45 AM
Ahhh, I just looked at those. Duffy is beautiful! I love those gray and
white tuxedo cats.

That first picture is really cute, it took me awhile to find the cat
(sort of a Where's Waldo thing.) That would be a GREAT Christmas card!
Are you thinking of having it made into one?

That is too funny that Duffy still understands what it means to be on
top of the world, or at least on top of the tree. He must be a real
character.

Rhonda

MaryL wrote:

> I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
> "Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can see
> from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word "can't." (Of
> course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a fan club of his
> own.)
>
> I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original message
> was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if I
> inadvertently use the same title as an older message.
>
> MaryL

MaryL
November 29th 05, 10:18 AM
"Rhonda" > wrote in message
> Ahhh, I just looked at those. Duffy is beautiful! I love those gray and
> white tuxedo cats.
>
> That first picture is really cute, it took me awhile to find the cat (sort
> of a Where's Waldo thing.) That would be a GREAT Christmas card! Are you
> thinking of having it made into one?
>
> That is too funny that Duffy still understands what it means to be on top
> of the world, or at least on top of the tree. He must be a real character.
>
> Rhonda
>
> MaryL wrote:
>
>> I just posted 3 photos to alt.binaries.pictures.animals under the thread
>> "Duffy Decorates the Christmas Tree." Duffy may be blind, but you can
>> see from these photos that he doesn't know the meaning of the word
>> "can't." (Of course, many of you already knew that. I think Duffy has a
>> fan club of his own.)
>>
>> I apologize if this message shows up as a duplicate. My original message
>> was immediately deleted by my server. That sometimes happens if I
>> inadvertently use the same title as an older message.
>>
>> MaryL

I printed my own cards this year (not very professional, but much better
than last year), and I included 2 pics of my cats -- one with the 2 of them
playing on the scratching post and also the one you like with Duffy in the
Christmas tree.

MaryL