PDA

View Full Version : Kitty troubles at peeing time


Dave Janes
November 29th 05, 04:19 AM
Not his peeing time! Mine!

When I got him I thought he was a her. (I have that problem with
'new' living things.) I put his litter box in my utility room so we
each could have our privacy when nature called.

When I found out she was a him, I moved his box into the bathroom so
that I wouldn't have two places to clean up and since we were baching
it the door would never have to be closed.

Lately he's taken to coming in when I'm taking a pee, approaching me
from the rear and coming up between my slightly parted feet. He stands
to put his front paws up on the rim and hangs his head over to watch
the stream all the while shaking the 'falling mist' from his head
without a problem.

Now this behaviour suggests he doesn't mind being sprayed with water.
Right?

Notso! This is a cat we're dealing with.

This is a contradiction of his (normal) behavioural pattern when I use
my water spray (the plactic bottle kind) as my last bastion of
dominance in our 'relationship'.

My fear is that he'll adapt to being sprayed and then...... Oh gawd!
He's only been here a few weeks (it took my ex 20 years) and already
he's psyching me out. I can't get him out of my head, or my heart!
(She wasn't a problem).

Help!

PS: Is it safe to bath a cat oftern? Or should I just let him take
care of it his way?


( \
\ \
/ / |\\
/ / .-`````-. / ^`-.
\ \ / \_/ {|} `o
\ \ / .---. \\ _ ,--'
\ \/ / \, \( `^^^
\ \/\ (\ )
\ ) \ ) \ \
) /__ \__ ) (\ \___
(___)))__))(__))(__)))

Jason Travis
November 29th 05, 06:43 AM
> Lately he's taken to coming in when I'm taking a pee, approaching me
> from the rear and coming up between my slightly parted feet. He stands
> to put his front paws up on the rim and hangs his head over to watch
> the stream all the while shaking the 'falling mist' from his head
> without a problem.

I accidentally ****ed on the cat once after getting tired of hydraulic
gymnastic routines to avoid it. He got the idea after that. Sometimes you
can distract them by closing the sink and letting a small stream of water
splash into it. Or you could close the door...he can wait his turn just
like you would.

Cats figure out you're a captive audience in the bathroom and will often
seize the opportunity to spend quality time with you, and air any
grieviances that have accumulated.

Dave Janes
November 29th 05, 07:11 AM
The krazy thing cracked me up so bad I almost accidentally lost
control of my aim.

If I closed the door and he had an accident, it would then be my
fault. Right? Sounds like 'catch 22' don't it.

Interesting ad in the paper tonight. Someone's giving away an
uncontrollable pitbull........naw! That wouldn't be fair to the dog.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:43:25 -0600, "Jason Travis"
> wrote:

>> Lately he's taken to coming in when I'm taking a pee, approaching me
>> from the rear and coming up between my slightly parted feet. He stands
>> to put his front paws up on the rim and hangs his head over to watch
>> the stream all the while shaking the 'falling mist' from his head
>> without a problem.
>
>I accidentally ****ed on the cat once after getting tired of hydraulic
>gymnastic routines to avoid it. He got the idea after that. Sometimes you
>can distract them by closing the sink and letting a small stream of water
>splash into it. Or you could close the door...he can wait his turn just
>like you would.
>
>Cats figure out you're a captive audience in the bathroom and will often
>seize the opportunity to spend quality time with you, and air any
>grieviances that have accumulated.
>

No More Retail
November 29th 05, 07:25 AM
About 95 % of the time you can let a cat take care of themselves. If they
get something on their fir that is toxic or could make a mess than a bath is
in order. If the cat starts to smell and is not visible dirty something
else is wrong.


One of my cats names phantom would do this until he decided to jump up and
ended up in the bowl and soaked he did not enjoy the bath afterwards


http://www.fanciers.com/cat-faqs/general-care.shtml
Bathing
You should not ordinarily need to bath a cat. Cats are normally very good
about cleaning themselves, and for most cats, that's all the bathing they
will ever need. Reasons for giving them a bath are:
a.. The cat has got something poisonous on its fur,
b.. It doesn't take care of its coat as normal cats do,
c.. You are allergic and need to bathe it to keep allergens down,
d.. The cat is a show cat and about to be shown,
e.. You are giving it a flea, tick, or lice dip,
f.. It is unusually dirty for some reason (perhaps bad weather).
If you just trimmed your cat's claws, now is a good time. Having someone
help you hold the cat definitely helps.
If your cat is long haired, groom it *before* bathing it. Water will just
tighten any mats already in the coat.

Bathing methods:


a.. Get everything ready. Warm water, selected bathing place (you might
consider the kitchen sink as being easier on your back and facilitating
control of the cat). Having water already in the tub or sink reduces the
potential terror to the cat at the sound and sight of the water coming out
of the faucet. Put a towel or rubber mat on the bottom of the tub or sink to
give your cat something to sink its claws into. If you have spray
attachments, either to the sink or the tub, those will help you soak the cat
efficiently. You want to use soap formulated for cat skin, as human-type
soaps will remove all the essential oils and leave the cat's skin dried out
and susceptible to flea infestations or skin breakouts. There are some soaps
formulated for allergic pet owners. Use sparingly and rinse well after
working through coat.

b.. The garden sprayer can also be used. Fill an ordinary pressurized
garden sprayer (try a hand-pumped type that does *not* hiss) with warm soapy
water, put cat and sprayer in empty bathtub, and use the trigger wand to
soap the cat with one hand while hanging on to the scruff with the other.
Put the sprayer wand down and work the soapy water into the fur, and finally
follow with a bucket of water as a rinse. This procedure results in low
moans from the cats, but no shrieks.
To dry the cat, towel dry first. You can try hair dryers on low settings
depending on your cat's tolerance. Otherwise, keep them inside until they
are fully dry. If your cat is longhaired, you will want to groom it as the
coat dries. Give the cat a treat after the bath, this may help them tolerate
the process.
If the problem is greasy skin, you may wish to try a dry cat shampoo
instead.

If you are attempting to remove grease, oil, or other petroleum products
from your cat's fur, try using Dawn brand detergent first to remove it, and
follow up with a cat shampoo. Dawn is used by volunteers who clean up birds
after oil spills. Also reported to be successful is Shout laundry stain
remover.

"Dave Janes" > wrote in message
...
> Not his peeing time! Mine!
>
> When I got him I thought he was a her. (I have that problem with
> 'new' living things.) I put his litter box in my utility room so we
> each could have our privacy when nature called.
>
> When I found out she was a him, I moved his box into the bathroom so
> that I wouldn't have two places to clean up and since we were baching
> it the door would never have to be closed.
>
> Lately he's taken to coming in when I'm taking a pee, approaching me
> from the rear and coming up between my slightly parted feet. He stands
> to put his front paws up on the rim and hangs his head over to watch
> the stream all the while shaking the 'falling mist' from his head
> without a problem.
>
> Now this behaviour suggests he doesn't mind being sprayed with water.
> Right?
>
> Notso! This is a cat we're dealing with.
>
> This is a contradiction of his (normal) behavioural pattern when I use
> my water spray (the plactic bottle kind) as my last bastion of
> dominance in our 'relationship'.
>
> My fear is that he'll adapt to being sprayed and then...... Oh gawd!
> He's only been here a few weeks (it took my ex 20 years) and already
> he's psyching me out. I can't get him out of my head, or my heart!
> (She wasn't a problem).
>
> Help!
>
> PS: Is it safe to bath a cat oftern? Or should I just let him take
> care of it his way?
>
>
> ( \
> \ \
> / / |\\
> / / .-`````-. / ^`-.
> \ \ / \_/ {|} `o
> \ \ / .---. \\ _ ,--'
> \ \/ / \, \( `^^^
> \ \/\ (\ )
> \ ) \ ) \ \
> ) /__ \__ ) (\ \___
> (___)))__))(__))(__)))

---MIKE---
November 29th 05, 01:50 PM
The problem can be solved by getting a second litter box and putting it
in the utility room. Then you can close the door (I do). There should
be two boxes anyway.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Lesley
November 29th 05, 01:51 PM
Dave Janes wrote:

> Not his peeing time! Mine!
>
Count your blessings- Fugazi (RB) was fascinated by any sort of running
water and when she was very small there she was parked on the bathroom
wash basin watching Dave..

And suddenly her little hoolikitten brain thought....

Dangling thingy! Attack it!

The resulting scream was probably heard 20 miles away

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

No More Retail
November 29th 05, 03:01 PM
ROFLMAO you made me flinch at that statement
Thanks it woke me the hard way :-)

< walking away, bent over with a limp of sympathy>
"Lesley" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Dave Janes wrote:
>
>> Not his peeing time! Mine!
>>
> Count your blessings- Fugazi (RB) was fascinated by any sort of running
> water and when she was very small there she was parked on the bathroom
> wash basin watching Dave..
>
> And suddenly her little hoolikitten brain thought....
>
> Dangling thingy! Attack it!
>
> The resulting scream was probably heard 20 miles away
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>

Lesley
November 29th 05, 03:52 PM
No More Retail wrote:

> ROFLMAO you made me flinch at that statement
> Thanks it woke me the hard way :-)
>
> < walking away, bent over with a limp of sympathy>


She did have a thing about his underwear, when she was a kitten she
took an old pair of his pants from the washing basket and used them
like a security blanket. (Her sister Isis famously trailed some
"exotic" underwear in front of Dave's parents)

Her truly finest moment (I wish I had had a video camera handy- those
shows that pay for hilarious clips would have kept her in catfood for
the rest of her life!) was a saturday morning....I was getting dressed
and Dave was playing with Fugazi and a rope when I suddenly heard a
strangled call of "Get this f***ing cat off me!"

She'd jumped up to get the rope and missed and in her panic, she had
grabbed the nearest thing she could get a grip on...Dave's underpants
(As I said afterwards it was just good luck he was wearing some!) so
there's Dave dancing around the hallway with a little furry sporran in
front

I wasn't much help. I was laughing so much I nearly fell over

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

5cats
November 29th 05, 03:57 PM
No More Retail wrote:

> If they
> get something on their fir

FUR

fir is a tree.

5cats
November 29th 05, 03:59 PM
Jason Travis wrote:

> Cats figure out you're a captive audience in the bathroom and will often
> seize the opportunity to spend quality time with you, and air any
> grieviances that have accumulated.
>
>


Is that what they're doing? I have 2 that seem to take turns at sitting on
the sink and waiting for me to finish my shower. Once I'm done, they start
meowing at me like crazy.

Willow
November 29th 05, 09:12 PM
Happened to my ex too.. never thought he could reach that note.. I know my
voice can't reach that high a pitch.

*grin* Happened a morning I was VERY mad at him.. oh the joy.. hehehe

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.


"Lesley" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> Dave Janes wrote:
>
> > Not his peeing time! Mine!
> >
> Count your blessings- Fugazi (RB) was fascinated by any sort of running
> water and when she was very small there she was parked on the bathroom
> wash basin watching Dave..
>
> And suddenly her little hoolikitten brain thought....
>
> Dangling thingy! Attack it!
>
> The resulting scream was probably heard 20 miles away
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
>