PDA

View Full Version : Lost my 19.5 year old... possibly adopting a 3 year old

November 30th 05, 09:05 PM
Hello all. You may remember I posted about a month ago about my 19.5
year old kitty. He was doing reasaly well, but then in late Oct -
Early November, he declined rapidly. He lost more weight, legs were
giving out, urinating all over. I finally got the courage to call the
vet and have him euthanized on November 14. I must say, however, that
it was a low stress and peaceful parting. I knew it was his time, as
did he. The night before I held him and cried. That morning I gave
him some milk, and then brought him in. He was very calm in the
waiting room. The vet had prepared the exam table with a comfy fleece
blanket. He explained the process, then gave my Kitty an anaesthetic.
He layed down on the table, very calmly, then the final shot was given.
No flinching, it was truely like he went to sleep.

That day and the next were rough. But I very soon felt ready for a new
adoptee. My other kitty is 12, and is very friendly, and misses her
brother.

I located a 3 year old kity on Petfinder, who is being fostered now.
According to the foster mom, he is very friendly and gets along well in
her house full of cats. We plan to meet him on Sat, and if all goes
well, we can bring him home. We have already been pre-approved.

I am excited and scared all at once!

Beth

No More Retail
November 30th 05, 09:08 PM
Sorry about your loss

You have every right to be cared and excited You are an expecting parent
who does not get excited and scared when a new child comes into their life.
Enjoy the moments :-)

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello all. You may remember I posted about a month ago about my 19.5
> year old kitty. He was doing reasaly well, but then in late Oct -
> Early November, he declined rapidly. He lost more weight, legs were
> giving out, urinating all over. I finally got the courage to call the
> vet and have him euthanized on November 14. I must say, however, that
> it was a low stress and peaceful parting. I knew it was his time, as
> did he. The night before I held him and cried. That morning I gave
> him some milk, and then brought him in. He was very calm in the
> waiting room. The vet had prepared the exam table with a comfy fleece
> blanket. He explained the process, then gave my Kitty an anaesthetic.
> He layed down on the table, very calmly, then the final shot was given.
> No flinching, it was truely like he went to sleep.
>
> That day and the next were rough. But I very soon felt ready for a new
> adoptee. My other kitty is 12, and is very friendly, and misses her
> brother.
>
> I located a 3 year old kity on Petfinder, who is being fostered now.
> According to the foster mom, he is very friendly and gets along well in
> her house full of cats. We plan to meet him on Sat, and if all goes
> well, we can bring him home. We have already been pre-approved.
>
> I am excited and scared all at once!
>
> Beth

Candace
December 1st 05, 03:16 AM
wrote:
> Hello all. You may remember I posted about a month ago about my 19.5
> year old kitty. H

I remember you and him. I'm sorry but it sounds as though it was as
good as that experience can be.

> We plan to meet him on Sat, and if all goes
> well, we can bring him home. We have already been pre-approved.
>
> I am excited and scared all at once!
>
> Beth

Great! I hope it goes smoothly. Keep us posted. Have fun with your
new kitty.

Candace

Juls
December 1st 05, 04:00 AM
In article . com>,
wrote:

> Hello all. You may remember I posted about a month ago about my 19.5
> year old kitty. He was doing reasaly well, but then in late Oct -
> Early November, he declined rapidly. He lost more weight, legs were
> giving out, urinating all over. I finally got the courage to call the
> vet and have him euthanized on November 14. I must say, however, that
> it was a low stress and peaceful parting. I knew it was his time, as
> did he. The night before I held him and cried. That morning I gave
> him some milk, and then brought him in. He was very calm in the
> waiting room. The vet had prepared the exam table with a comfy fleece
> blanket. He explained the process, then gave my Kitty an anaesthetic.
> He layed down on the table, very calmly, then the final shot was given.
> No flinching, it was truely like he went to sleep.
>
> That day and the next were rough. But I very soon felt ready for a new
> adoptee. My other kitty is 12, and is very friendly, and misses her
> brother.
>
> I located a 3 year old kity on Petfinder, who is being fostered now.
> According to the foster mom, he is very friendly and gets along well in
> her house full of cats. We plan to meet him on Sat, and if all goes
> well, we can bring him home. We have already been pre-approved.
>
> I am excited and scared all at once!
>
> Beth

God it's so hard losing our dear friends. I'm so sorry.

I think it's wonderful you're finding another guy for your remaining
cat. She'll enjoy him, I'm sure.

Good luck Saturday. I hope it all works out and this guy finds a new,
wonderful home with you.

Juls

--
Email (remove annoying hyphens)