PDA

View Full Version : Lump under chin... Allergy?

Brian Link
December 1st 05, 06:18 AM
Tiger, the 11 year old moggie, has developed a lump under his chin. He
gets these from time to time, but this seems a bit larger than normal.

I know about carcinomas that occur in injection sites, and "breast
cancer" that happens with females, and "cat acne" that can happen with
cats feeding from plastic food-bowls. Tiger doesn't have any of these.

Any ideas?

BLink

Lumpy
December 1st 05, 06:29 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Tiger, the 11 year old moggie, has developed a lump under his chin. He
> gets these from time to time, but this seems a bit larger than normal.
>
> I know about carcinomas that occur in injection sites, and "breast
> cancer" that happens with females, and "cat acne" that can happen with
> cats feeding from plastic food-bowls. Tiger doesn't have any of these.
>
> Any ideas?

Oh, I don't know. Vet, maybe?

Oscar
December 1st 05, 08:11 AM
| Tiger, the 11 year old moggie, has developed a lump under his chin. He
| gets these from time to time, but this seems a bit larger than normal.
|
| I know about carcinomas that occur in injection sites, and "breast
| cancer" that happens with females, and "cat acne" that can happen with
| cats feeding from plastic food-bowls. Tiger doesn't have any of these.
|
| Any ideas?

My cat has a lump in his neck which goes up and down. The vet said it was
probably a cyst that drains out every so often. The vet had a good feel
around and couldn't find any connection to the underlying muscle so it's
effectively just floating in the skin. He said its probably nothing to
worry about, and didn't see the need to remove it as that would probably be
more risky to put the cat under anaesthetic than leaving the lump there.

Spot
December 4th 05, 11:12 PM
Cats can still get acne even if they are not drinking & eating from plastic
bowls. I have a Tom who is a very sloppy eater & drinker and gets himself
messy on the chin. If one of the other cats doesn't groom him there he gets
acne. I've just taken to wiping his chin off every evening with a warm wet
paper towel to keep it from developing.

This could very well be acne but you should still take him to the vet to
have it looked at.

Celeste