PDA

View Full Version : Visiting cat.

December 1st 05, 09:51 AM
One of my neighbours, perhaps not the most approachable one, acquired
this summer , a beautiful black longish haired female cat. She is
adorable, affectionate and very spirited. Winter seems to have come
early in the UK. The cat seems outside at all times of day, from
early morning to late at might. often very late. She wears a little
red collar and although is a very small cat, I am not sure I could
regard her as malnourshed, but she certainly isnt fat.

But I "rescued" another cat last year from ANOTHER neighbour after she
moved to the next street and wouldn't take to his new home, just kept
coming back. He is a nervous cat

As its winter and often cold,. or wet and cold, I wouild like to help
the little visitor. I have fed her and given her affection. And
my cat ( a large neutered male tomcat, 3 times her size) just
won;t stay around if she walks in the door. It takes some
coaxing, or even capturing, to get him back in if she is anywhere
near.

I fear I am making a rod for my own back, but I my conscience pricks
me about this visitor.
Even an approach to the neighbour is lilkely to lead to some real
unpleasantness, and if anyone else later complains to the RSPCA, I
will be suspected, and likely there would be some revenge. I have a
rep[utation for intervening, because I forced another neighbour to let
me take his flea infested flea allergic, cat (also with excma) to
the vet.

Will I experience real problems with my cat if I allow the other
cat to spend some time with me by day ? I feel sorry for him
too, This is his home and he has an unsettled start to his life and
has calmed down a lot since I took him on.

PS I have the idea that people just vtake on the cutie kitten,
and then realise actually it wants company, wants play, needs to be
factored into your life, and all of a sudden the idea becomes less
attractive, so just put it out, shut the door, and open it when you
can be bothered. The cat comes in exhausted after a day in he cold,
and sleeps until it it put outside again. I would say every cat
should be microchipped, and a database of owners and cats should be
maintained, One of the most intelligent animals is treated as if was
braineless and armor plated.