PDA

View Full Version : Stop cat from peeing?

Dave Stern
December 1st 05, 03:34 PM
We've had a seventh-generation bengal since he was born about 7 years

ago. He'a an indoor cat and is litterbox-trained. But lately, he's

taken to peeing at various locations. At first, I thought he was

doing this because his litterbox wasn't clean but that's not the case.

I found a solution for one of his favorite loactions. I simply moved

one of his favored cat-beds onto this rug on the assumption that no

species relieves himself where he sleeps. But he's taken to other

locations.

Anyone have any other ideas on convincing him to go only in the

litterbox?

Thanks

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- generated by /dev/dave -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
David Stern University of Maryland

5cats
December 1st 05, 04:06 PM
Dave Stern wrote:

> We've had a seventh-generation bengal since he was born about 7 years
>
> ago. He'a an indoor cat and is litterbox-trained. But lately, he's
>
> taken to peeing at various locations. At first, I thought he was
>
> doing this because his litterbox wasn't clean but that's not the case.
>
> I found a solution for one of his favorite loactions. I simply moved
>
> one of his favored cat-beds onto this rug on the assumption that no
>
> species relieves himself where he sleeps. But he's taken to other
>
> locations.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas on convincing him to go only in the
>
> litterbox?

Take him to a vet for urinalysis. The most common issue in male cats is
crystals in the urine, which causes painful urination.

Gail
December 1st 05, 04:31 PM
Yes. This is usually a medical problem.
Gail