PDA

View Full Version : Re: Emily the stowaway

No More Retail
December 1st 05, 04:19 PM
At least it has a happy ending
"Diane" > wrote in message
> What do you imagine goes through their little minds?
>
> <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051201/ap_on_fe_st/stowaway_cat>
> --
> Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
> Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/
> Journal: http://slywy.diaryland.com/

chas
December 1st 05, 05:10 PM
I take my hat off to the airline and their workers for pulling out all the
stops to get her home.

Most airlines, and other large seemingly faceless companies are just
complained about these days it seems, it's so nice to see REAL people in
action such as this.

chas

Barb
December 2nd 05, 05:10 PM
It's a heartwarming story of people who understand the importance of a cat
with ID to the people who belong to her.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Rona Y.
December 3rd 05, 12:12 AM
Barb wrote:
> It's a heartwarming story of people who understand the importance of a cat
> with ID to the people who belong to her.

At the risk of sounding like a scrooge, I remember reading one of the
initial reports of the cat being found. And I really don't feel the
cat was all that important to the family (in general--perhaps the
children felt differently).

>When Emily the cat went missing a month ago, her owners looked for their wandering pet >where she had ended up before - the local animal shelter.

Obviously the cat had disappeared before. If the cat were that
important to them, they'd take greater care about letting her out.

>"The only thing we can think right now is buying a plane ticket," McElhiney said.

>"She already cost us some the first time we got her from the humane society. She's >getting to be an expensive little thing."

Had the story not made the news, I would bet they would have gladly
left the cat in France rather than suffer the expense of bringing her
back. I don't think they'd have thought twice about that, nor would
they have thought twice about just getting a new one from the humane
society.

The only people who really cared were those who found her, and those
who brought her back (not so much the airline, itself, as it was in it
for the publicity, but the flight attendants who accompanied the cat).

Barb
December 4th 05, 09:14 PM
Well, I wasn't familiar with the whole story. I certainly hope the family
appreciates her better now and takes better care of her.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,