PDA

View Full Version : self clean litter boxes

scullycat
December 1st 05, 08:51 PM
Has anybody had any success with the electronic self cleaning cat litter
boxes?
I just returned one because it turned our to be a much bigger mess than
ordinary
litter boxes. any comments

December 4th 05, 11:22 PM
I have recently bought a littermaid. I was well aware of the criticism.
Mainly, people say that it does not eliminate the work. And I agree
with it. You have to use good litter to allow the machine to work
properly. You have also to check every day to see if there things are
not stuck or all the litter is on one side. The amount of littler is
also important. You also have to clean it once every month or so.

The truth is I am going on a long trip very soon and leaving my cat
with my parents who have never owned a cat. They are thrilled, but a
little worried. When they heard about the littermaid they kind of
suggested me to get it. I want to make their lives easier, so I bought
it. I am still not sure I would have otherwise.

In summary, I think it helps, but it is not all that can be. It does
not eliminate the work, but it reduces the frequency you have to clean
the litter box.

Minerva