PDA

View Full Version : They're So CUTE When They Wrestle


Larry R Harrison Jr
December 2nd 05, 06:18 PM
OK, this probably seems like such a stark contrast to my last message
"mousetraps," but really I like my cats (I just strongly insist they stay
off things I ask them to, that's all). Am I the only one that thinks it is
so cute when they wrestle each other? I think it's the cutest thing.

A couple of questions:

*When wrestling, why does the one who is on-top like to bite the foot of the
one on the bottom? In our case, if the female (they're too young to be in
heat yet) is dominant and bites the mail's foot, that's one thing--if he is
being dominant and does this, she will meow loudly like it's hurting her.
(He is a bit larger.) Why do they bite the feet? And when the female meows
loudly is it because it hurts or because she's in effect yelling "uncle?"

*Why do they like to lick each other? Is this a mothering instinct, anything
special going on here?

LRH

Candace
December 3rd 05, 03:26 AM
Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
> OK, this probably seems like such a stark contrast to my last message
> "mousetraps," but really I like my cats (I just strongly insist they stay
> off things I ask them to, that's all).

Yeah, it does sound like a stark contrast. See my reply in your other
thread,

>Am I the only one that thinks it is
> so cute when they wrestle each other? I think it's the cutest thing.

No, normal cat lovers who don't do things that could maim their cats
also think it's cute.

> *When wrestling, why does the one who is on-top like to bite the foot of the
> one on the bottom? In our case, if the female (they're too young to be in
> heat yet) is dominant and bites the mail's foot, that's one thing--if he is
> being dominant and does this, she will meow loudly like it's hurting her.
> (He is a bit larger.) Why do they bite the feet? And when the female meows
> loudly is it because it hurts or because she's in effect yelling "uncle?"
>
> *Why do they like to lick each other? Is this a mothering instinct, anything
> special going on here?

Yeah, they're playing. Kittens like to have fun when they're not
chewing off their appendages that just got stuck in a trap. Maybe
you'll think that's cute, too.

Candace

December 3rd 05, 09:12 AM
The wrestling is a form of play. It is one of the fun things they like
to do during the day. We have two cats a male and female and I have
observed the same routine. Our female is a little smaller that our
male and she also does what we call a hissy fit. She is really never
hurt, but once I found a nasty cut on her neck and I have also seen her
puff her tail and hiss when she gets mad during play. I think like in
every game one animal can take things too far. Of course soon after
the incident they are playing again and cuddling with each other and
licking each other ears clean. I think the funniest is seeing them run
all over the place after each other. we call it the night time crazies.
I noticed that Lily our female likes to sleep on top of Chico. He is
really sweet and accommodating. I can't imagine having my wife sleep on
top of me like that. :)




Larry R Harrison Jr wrote:
> OK, this probably seems like such a stark contrast to my last message
> "mousetraps," but really I like my cats (I just strongly insist they stay
> off things I ask them to, that's all). Am I the only one that thinks it is
> so cute when they wrestle each other? I think it's the cutest thing.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> *When wrestling, why does the one who is on-top like to bite the foot of the
> one on the bottom? In our case, if the female (they're too young to be in
> heat yet) is dominant and bites the mail's foot, that's one thing--if he is
> being dominant and does this, she will meow loudly like it's hurting her.
> (He is a bit larger.) Why do they bite the feet? And when the female meows
> loudly is it because it hurts or because she's in effect yelling "uncle?"
>
> *Why do they like to lick each other? Is this a mothering instinct, anything
> special going on here?
>
> LRH