PDA

View Full Version : Re: Another Endorsement for Temptations


Joe Canuck
December 6th 05, 08:38 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> Kami likes 'em. She is *really* fussy about snacks, and really doesn't
> care about any of them. But I've seen Temptations discussed here and
> gave them a try. What *do* they put in them? It is Kitty Krack.
>

Another? I didn't see the first endorsement. I suppose we should take an
endorsement from the group tramp with a grain of salt.

Whiskas Temptations Ingredients:

Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Corn, Animal Fat (preserved with
BHA/BHT), Rice, Dried Meat by-Products, Wheat Flour, Natural Poultry
Flavour, Corn Gluten, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Salt, Salmon
Meal, Calcium Carbonate, dl-Methionine, Taurine, Vitamins (dl-Alpha
Tocopherol Acetate [Source of Vitamin E], Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin
Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine
Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin
Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Vitamin B6], Folic Acid
Supplement), Trace Minerals (Zinc Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Manganese
Sulphate, Potassium Iodide), Iron Oxide, Dried Cheese, Shrimp Meal.

Yech, reads like a chemical/byproduct stew.

I've tried these with my cat several times and consistently she always
gets sick (vomits) after consuming them.

I give my cat Medi-Cal "Medi-Treats". She loves them.

http://www.medi-cal.ca/consumers/Feline/TreatsPage1_EN.asp

5cats
December 6th 05, 09:09 PM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> Brandy Alexandre wrote:
>
>> Kami likes 'em. She is *really* fussy about snacks, and really
>> doesn't care about any of them. But I've seen Temptations discussed
>> here and gave them a try. What *do* they put in them? It is Kitty
>> Krack.
>>
>
> Another? I didn't see the first endorsement. I suppose we should take
> an endorsement from the group tramp with a grain of salt.

There have been a couple of posts raving about them in the months since I
started following this group. So I bought some. The cats ate them, but
they weren't that excited about them, no more so than any other grocery
store treat food. OTOH, they did go wild for Greenies. Kinda expensive to
be a everyday treat, but I did order some for Christmas. (Shhh, don't
tell the cats, I want them to be surprised.)

NMR
December 6th 05, 09:24 PM
One of my cats loves temptations the only dry treat he will eat

Elizabeth Blake
December 6th 05, 09:32 PM
NMR wrote:
> One of my cats loves temptations the only dry treat he will eat

I also bought some after reading messages here. All 4 of the cats like
them (2 at work, 2 at home) and one of my home cats has never eaten any
regular treats at all. The only treat he ate before Temptations was
freeze dried chicken. *That* stuff truly is cat crack, but they're all
happy with the Temptations. They'd prefer freeze dried chicken but
since it's so expensive they get only one piece each a day.

--
Liz

Candace
December 8th 05, 03:08 AM
Elizabeth Blake wrote:
> NMR wrote:
> > One of my cats loves temptations the only dry treat he will eat
>
> I also bought some after reading messages here. All 4 of the cats like
> them (2 at work, 2 at home) and one of my home cats has never eaten any
> regular treats at all. The only treat he ate before Temptations was
> freeze dried chicken. *That* stuff truly is cat crack, but they're all
> happy with the Temptations. They'd prefer freeze dried chicken but
> since it's so expensive they get only one piece each a day.
>
> --
> Liz

Where do you get freeze dried chicken? I'm sure 2 of mine woule go for
that.

Candace

Elizabeth Blake
December 8th 05, 03:59 AM
"Candace" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Elizabeth Blake wrote:
>> NMR wrote:
>> > One of my cats loves temptations the only dry treat he will eat
>>
>> I also bought some after reading messages here. All 4 of the cats like
>> them (2 at work, 2 at home) and one of my home cats has never eaten any
>> regular treats at all. The only treat he ate before Temptations was
>> freeze dried chicken. *That* stuff truly is cat crack, but they're all
>> happy with the Temptations. They'd prefer freeze dried chicken but
>> since it's so expensive they get only one piece each a day.
>>
>> --
>> Liz
>
> Where do you get freeze dried chicken? I'm sure 2 of mine woule go for
> that.
>
> Candace

I buy the Halo brand and usually order it online from PetFoodDirect.com.
Three Dogs Bakery (not sure of that name) also makes it, but in a much
smaller package. The stuff is expensive but all it is is chicken, with
nothing else added. Some health food stores that have a pets section also
carry it. You can also find it at some camping/outdoors stores that have
freeze dried food/meals.

--
Liz