PDA

View Full Version : Question about kitty paws

karenmamo
December 8th 05, 07:32 PM
Our 7 month old tabby went out into the first snow of her life this morning. More than 2 hours later I found her [or she found me.]
My husband did not think the cold [in the teens] would hurt her little pads. Yet, I had read their pads were sensitive.
Help resolve this debate between us?
karenmamo

Ted Davis
December 9th 05, 02:44 AM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:32:52 +0000, karenmamo
> wrote:

>Our 7 month old tabby went out into the first snow of her life this
>morning. More than 2 hours later I found her [or she found me.]
>My husband did not think the cold [in the teens] would hurt her little
>pads. Yet, I had read their pads were sensitive.
>Help resolve this debate between us?

You are both right - your answers are to different questions. Cat
paws are quite sensitive, *but*, they are also able to deal with a
certain amount of cold. Keep in mind that when a cat is outside, it
is not always standing up, so they get opportunities to tuck their
paws under their bodies to warm them up.

When I got home this evening, there were cat tracks the full length of
my snow covered driveway - over 200 feet - and they disappeared
crossing the road - some cat did a bunch of walking in fresh snow with
the temperature mostly in the high teens. There are many trails
converging on the cat flap at the back, though I'm not sure they are
all cat tracks, but many of them have to be.

--
T.E.D. )