PDA

View Full Version : Re: Whisker Positions?

Joe Canuck
December 11th 05, 01:23 PM
Brandy Alexandre wrote:

> I was wondering if there is any definitive meaning in the way cats hold
> their whiskers. Kami spent the evening with them forward and down, and
> later pulled back and down. I know she was feeling spunky before, and
> content later, but I don't know if there is a correlation between moods
> and whiskers. Anyone other than the usual trolls with an opinion?

No surprise there, particularly about the fearful part considering she
has to live with you...

When a cat is fearful, the whiskers are pulled back.

When a cat wants more sensory input about the environment, the whiskers
are forward.

This isn't rocket science and I am very surprised, well not really, that
after years of being owned by a cat you don't already know this.