: he cries and cries every time I drive him to the vet.

: I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you can share about making this as
: easy as possible for both of us.

Plenty of stops for food, water, etc and sedatives from the vet.
--

-------------------

Rebecca Root
December 13th 05, 02:31 AM
On 2005-12-11 19:32:04 -0700, Frank Pittel > said:

> jules > wrote:
> : Next weekend Fluffy and I are going to be driving from Portland, OR to
> : San Francisco. I'm guessing he's not going to be pleased about this as
> : he cries and cries every time I drive him to the vet.
>
> : I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you can share about making this as
> : easy as possible for both of us.
>
> Plenty of stops for food, water, etc and sedatives from the vet.

If you use sedatives, try them out on your cat before hand to see the
effect. I moved cross country with one cat, and a half dose of
sedatives made the trip really nice. He slept during the driving part
but was alert in the evening to play and relax. Another time, another
vet, another cat (perhaps a different sedative - total disaster. I
tried them out ahead of time and poor Thackie just lost it. They didn't
calm him down, just made him clumsy which really freaked him out, so we
did that trip sans sedatives.

Frank Pittel
December 13th 05, 08:37 AM
Rebecca Root > wrote:
: On 2005-12-11 19:32:04 -0700, Frank Pittel > said:

: > jules > wrote:
: > : Next weekend Fluffy and I are going to be driving from Portland, OR to
: > : San Francisco. I'm guessing he's not going to be pleased about this as
: > : he cries and cries every time I drive him to the vet.
: >
: > : I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you can share about making this as
: > : easy as possible for both of us.
: >
: > Plenty of stops for food, water, etc and sedatives from the vet.

: If you use sedatives, try them out on your cat before hand to see the
: effect. I moved cross country with one cat, and a half dose of
: sedatives made the trip really nice. He slept during the driving part
: but was alert in the evening to play and relax. Another time, another
: vet, another cat (perhaps a different sedative - total disaster. I
: tried them out ahead of time and poor Thackie just lost it. They didn't
: calm him down, just made him clumsy which really freaked him out, so we
: did that trip sans sedatives.

Good point.
--