PDA

View Full Version : Cutest pics you'll see today

Brian Link
December 12th 05, 04:48 AM
Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/

BLink

whitershadeofpale
December 12th 05, 05:02 AM
Brian Link wrote:
> Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...
>
> http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/
>
> BLink

Thats awsome. Nature teaches us so much.
Did you know, more people are killed by hippos each year than any other
animal.

Cyli
December 12th 05, 05:23 AM
On 11 Dec 2005 20:02:26 -0800, "whitershadeofpale"
> wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>> Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...
>>
>> http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/
>>
>> BLink
>
>Thats awsome. Nature teaches us so much.
>Did you know, more people are killed by hippos each year than any other
>animal.

And it's not like moose, where you hit one with your vehicle and lose
the match when it falls on you. Hippos seem to go out of their way
once in a while to kill people on purpose as well as doing in a number
of them by accident.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: (strip the .invalid to email)

Judy
December 12th 05, 05:38 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Brian Link wrote:
>> Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...
>>
>> http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/
>>
>> BLink
>
> Thats awsome. Nature teaches us so much.
> Did you know, more people are killed by hippos each year than any other
> animal.

In Africa - when it comes to human deaths by animals this is true. But when
it comes to mammals - the group hippos and humans fall into, it's the humans
that are by far the worst offenders.

Judy
December 12th 05, 05:39 AM
"Brian Link" > wrote in message
> Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...
>
> http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/

Thanks for sharing!

Jim Land
December 12th 05, 07:06 AM
"whitershadeofpale" > wrote in
oups.com:
> Did you know, more people are killed by hippos each year than any other
> animal.

From http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mhippo.html

"The hippo, found today throughout sub-Saharan Africa, is considered by
many experts, explorers and Africans to be the most dangerous animal in
Africa (not counting the mosquito). They've all killed way more people
than Africa's lions have.

"The hippo is extremely aggressive, unpredictable and unafraid of humans,
upsetting boats sometimes without provocation and chomping the occupants
with its huge canine teeth and sharp incisors."

Rhonda
December 12th 05, 06:22 PM
Awww, loved that story! Especially the cuddling.

Rhonda

blorktokorak
December 12th 05, 06:38 PM
In article . com>,
whitershadeofpale > wrote:

>Brian Link wrote:
>> Centenarian tortoise adopts baby hippo...
>>
>> http://www.digyourowngrave.com/tortoise-adopts-baby-hippo/
>>
>> BLink
>
>Thats awsome. Nature teaches us so much.
>Did you know, more people are killed by hippos each year than any other
>animal.

Wrong - mosquitos kill more humans than any other animal

WDS
December 12th 05, 07:44 PM
blorktokorak wrote:

> Wrong - mosquitos kill more humans than any other animal

It's probably some bacteria or virus that REALLY does us in "the most".
But I suppose some would argue they are not animals...

Denise Clere
December 14th 05, 03:28 PM
aw,SWEET!

--
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LOVE CATS,FOR THEY SHALL NEVER BE LONELY