PDA

View Full Version : Oh well! I suppose I did only re-wallpaper the room for the cat!

chas
December 12th 05, 03:05 PM
My cat LOVES the newly wall-papered room lounge. So much so that she pulls
her claws on it! Still, both sides of the window look equal now with tiny
shredded bits on the floor for special effect.

She's started near the door now.

And there was me thing that to cover my bare and very uneven walls, it would
be a good idea to use the 'blown fresco' type of wallpaper.

I should have left them bare and just painted them methinks....

chas

Karen
December 12th 05, 03:47 PM
I wonder if it is the glue smell. You could try liquid nailing a matching
carpet piece to those favored areas where the cat is scratching. I mean, it
would look better than scratched wall paper.

"chas" > wrote in message
> My cat LOVES the newly wall-papered room lounge. So much so that she pulls
> her claws on it! Still, both sides of the window look equal now with tiny
> shredded bits on the floor for special effect.
>
> She's started near the door now.
>
> And there was me thing that to cover my bare and very uneven walls, it
would
> be a good idea to use the 'blown fresco' type of wallpaper.
>
> I should have left them bare and just painted them methinks....
>
> chas

whitershadeofpale
December 13th 05, 03:58 AM
chas wrote:

> And there was me thing that to cover my bare and very uneven walls, it would
> be a good idea to use the 'blown fresco' type of wallpaper.
>
> I should have left them bare and just painted them methinks....
>
> chas

blown frescoe? I don't put it past tradesmen.

I have seen regular drywall mud, troweled on very tightly and that is
the look and finish it gets no paint. Downside is, if you ever get
tired of looking at it..too bad.

chas
December 13th 05, 03:01 PM
At this rate I'll have a carpet patchwork wall!

I'm not normally a one for wallpaper anyway but the walls are awful.

I think it may pay me to get them replastered in the long run and then paint
them. Meanwhile - madam does her nails on it despite early Christmas
presents of an additional scratching post, and other goodies.

I've never seen her do it either - I think she does it when I'm out. Of
course, it's probably my fault for going out to earn a living just to keep
her in the manner to which she dictates!

chas