PDA

View Full Version : Neutered male kitten biting spayed female cat

Paige, Chloe & Webber
December 13th 05, 04:37 AM
I need help please!! I just observed my 9 month old male kitten biting
my 6 year old spayed female cat at the scruff of the neck and almost
pinning her down! I know that ever since he was a younger kitten he
would jump on her and chase her as if playing, but this really looked
like some sort of sexual thing? It's really freaking me out because he
is neutered and I thought that would take care of these sort of things?

He is just about to be 9 months old. Does this have something to do
with sexual maturity? Will he ever stop? The female is always so
contantly anxious around him...yet they can get along too. The hair at
her neck is thinning out (might be because of him).

Please if anyone has any experience with something like this I will
take any advice I can get.

Thank You
Paige

5cats
December 13th 05, 03:00 PM
Paige, Chloe & Webber wrote:

> I need help please!! I just observed my 9 month old male kitten biting
> my 6 year old spayed female cat at the scruff of the neck and almost
> pinning her down! I know that ever since he was a younger kitten he
> would jump on her and chase her as if playing, but this really looked
> like some sort of sexual thing? It's really freaking me out because he
> is neutered and I thought that would take care of these sort of things?
>
> He is just about to be 9 months old. Does this have something to do
> with sexual maturity? Will he ever stop? The female is always so
> contantly anxious around him...yet they can get along too. The hair at
> her neck is thinning out (might be because of him).
>
> Please if anyone has any experience with something like this I will
> take any advice I can get.
>
> Thank You
> Paige

All for my cats were neutered years ago. One of my male cats has been
doing that to the other cats for a while. Suddenly, a 2nd male started
doing the same thing ( I've seen it twice now. ) I was talking to the vet
about something else, so I asked her about it. She said it's just
something they do sometimes, no medical significance.

December 13th 05, 04:41 PM
Isn't it just establishing the pecking order, my friends dominant
neutered cat does that, as if to say, I'm the leader of the pack?

December 17th 05, 10:52 AM
my little male has tried it with the old lady and come of worse... quite
funny to watch