PDA

View Full Version : Attention Phil P.

John Ross Mc Master
December 14th 05, 02:42 AM
See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
(Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.

I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
think to ask.

I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?

Phil P.
December 14th 05, 01:22 PM
"John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
> See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
> (Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.
>
> I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
> think to ask.
>
> I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
> place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
> NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?

I use Trifectant (a/k/a Virkon S) its about the best there is. Doesn't harm
finishes and its safe to use around kittens. As with any cleaning product,
try it out on a small area- just to make sure. Kills feline parvovirus
(panleukopenia/distemper), herpesvirus, calicivirus, ringworm and a host of
other viruses, bacteria, fungi & Mycoplasma.
Here's the spec sheet
http://www.maxshouse.com/Equipment/Trifectant_Spec_Sheet.jpg
..
The only downside is the solution only lasts for 7 days after its mixed. I
use the tablets to make up small quantities- 1 tablet makes 16 oz, or 2
tablets make 32 oz to use in spray bottles. Just drop the tablets in a spay
bottle with 16 or 32 oz. of water and you're good to go after it dissolves.
For larger areas you can order the 1.3 oz packets that makes 1 gallon and
treats about 135 sq. ft. Trifectant also comes in 10 lb. tubs- but for home
use, you're better off with the tablets for spay bottles and 1.3 oz. packets
for mopping solutions- no measurement.

Here's were you can order Trifectant in tablets and packets:

http://lambriarvetsupply.com/sbsite.php

http://tinyurl.com/9u3fk

Btw, you might want to separate the litters to limit the spread of disease.
If you can, keep each litter in a separate area- or better yet, in a
different room.

Best of luck,

Phil

Willow
December 14th 05, 04:13 PM
Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for that
too !!
--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Phil P." > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
> > See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
> > (Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.
> >
> > I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
> > think to ask.
> >
> > I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
> > place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
> > NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?
>

> I use Trifectant (a/k/a Virkon S) its about the best there is. Doesn't
harm
> finishes and its safe to use around kittens. As with any cleaning product,
> try it out on a small area- just to make sure. Kills feline parvovirus
> (panleukopenia/distemper), herpesvirus, calicivirus, ringworm and a host
of
> other viruses, bacteria, fungi & Mycoplasma.
> Here's the spec sheet
> http://www.maxshouse.com/Equipment/Trifectant_Spec_Sheet.jpg
> .
> The only downside is the solution only lasts for 7 days after its mixed.
> use the tablets to make up small quantities- 1 tablet makes 16 oz, or 2
> tablets make 32 oz to use in spray bottles. Just drop the tablets in a
spay
> bottle with 16 or 32 oz. of water and you're good to go after it
dissolves.
> For larger areas you can order the 1.3 oz packets that makes 1 gallon and
> treats about 135 sq. ft. Trifectant also comes in 10 lb. tubs- but for
home
> use, you're better off with the tablets for spay bottles and 1.3 oz.
packets
> for mopping solutions- no measurement.
>
> Here's were you can order Trifectant in tablets and packets:
>
> http://lambriarvetsupply.com/sbsite.php
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9u3fk
>

> Btw, you might want to separate the litters to limit the spread of
disease.
> If you can, keep each litter in a separate area- or better yet, in a
> different room.
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Phil

NMR
December 14th 05, 04:37 PM
PHIL IS THE MAN :-)
"Willow" > wrote in message
t...
> Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for
> that
> too !!
> --
> Will~
>
> "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."
>
> Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.
>

> "Phil P." > wrote in message
> nk.net...
>>
>> "John Ross Mc Master" > wrote in message
>> > See the picture I posted for you in alt.binaries.pictures.animals.
>> > (Attn Phil P. I think was my header.) You'll see my setup.
>> >
>> > I bet you never had this question before but you're the only one I can
>> > think to ask.
>> >
>> > I foster cats. I have hardwood floors. How do I really disinfect the
>> > place without wrecking the beautiful floors? Is there any substance,
>> > NOT bleach, that will kill panleuk etc. without destroying the floors?
>>

>> I use Trifectant (a/k/a Virkon S) its about the best there is. Doesn't
> harm
>> finishes and its safe to use around kittens. As with any cleaning
>> product,
>> try it out on a small area- just to make sure. Kills feline parvovirus
>> (panleukopenia/distemper), herpesvirus, calicivirus, ringworm and a host
> of
>> other viruses, bacteria, fungi & Mycoplasma.
>> Here's the spec sheet
>> http://www.maxshouse.com/Equipment/Trifectant_Spec_Sheet.jpg
>> .
>> The only downside is the solution only lasts for 7 days after its mixed.
>> use the tablets to make up small quantities- 1 tablet makes 16 oz, or 2
>> tablets make 32 oz to use in spray bottles. Just drop the tablets in a
> spay
>> bottle with 16 or 32 oz. of water and you're good to go after it
> dissolves.
>> For larger areas you can order the 1.3 oz packets that makes 1 gallon and
>> treats about 135 sq. ft. Trifectant also comes in 10 lb. tubs- but for
> home
>> use, you're better off with the tablets for spay bottles and 1.3 oz.
> packets
>> for mopping solutions- no measurement.
>>
>> Here's were you can order Trifectant in tablets and packets:
>>
>> http://lambriarvetsupply.com/sbsite.php
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/9u3fk
>>

>> Btw, you might want to separate the litters to limit the spread of
> disease.
>> If you can, keep each litter in a separate area- or better yet, in a
>> different room.
>>
>> Best of luck,
>>
>> Phil

Willow
December 14th 05, 05:12 PM
Seems to be really.. I'll keep that in mind ;o)

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"NMR" > wrote in message
. ..
> PHIL IS THE MAN :-)
> "Willow" > wrote in message
> t...
> > Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for
> > that
> > too !!
> > --
> > Will~
> >
> > "... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."
> >
> > Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.
> >

> > "Phil P." > wrote in message
> > nk.net...

> >> I use Trifectant (a/k/a Virkon S) its about the best there is. Doesn't
> > harm
> >> finishes and its safe to use around kittens. As with any cleaning
> >> product,
> >> try it out on a small area- just to make sure. Kills feline parvovirus
> >> (panleukopenia/distemper), herpesvirus, calicivirus, ringworm and a
host
> > of
> >> other viruses, bacteria, fungi & Mycoplasma.
> >> Here's the spec sheet
> >> http://www.maxshouse.com/Equipment/Trifectant_Spec_Sheet.jpg
> >> .
> >> The only downside is the solution only lasts for 7 days after its
mixed.
> >> use the tablets to make up small quantities- 1 tablet makes 16 oz, or 2
> >> tablets make 32 oz to use in spray bottles. Just drop the tablets in a
> > spay
> >> bottle with 16 or 32 oz. of water and you're good to go after it
> > dissolves.
> >> For larger areas you can order the 1.3 oz packets that makes 1 gallon
and
> >> treats about 135 sq. ft. Trifectant also comes in 10 lb. tubs- but for
> > home
> >> use, you're better off with the tablets for spay bottles and 1.3 oz.
> > packets
> >> for mopping solutions- no measurement.
> >>
> >> Here's were you can order Trifectant in tablets and packets:
> >>
> >> http://lambriarvetsupply.com/sbsite.php
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/9u3fk
> >>

> >> Btw, you might want to separate the litters to limit the spread of
> > disease.
> >> If you can, keep each litter in a separate area- or better yet, in a
> >> different room.
> >>
> >> Best of luck,
> >>
> >> Phil

Phil P.
December 14th 05, 05:30 PM
"Willow" > wrote in message
t...
> Gee thanks Phil, Didn't ever get around to ask.. but I was looking for
that
> too !!

I forgot to mention that you can also use Trifectant in the wash for bedding
and blankets and even some toys.

P.

Willow
December 15th 05, 07:03 AM
*Look at post, look at extreemely smelly doggie bed*

Now you're onto something.. ;o)

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

ink.net...