PDA

View Full Version : strange bumpy spot on cats thigh

Mickey
December 16th 05, 03:47 AM
Hi all,

While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
discoloration. Should I be concerned?

-M

Judy
December 16th 05, 04:29 AM
"Mickey" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
> doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
> discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>
> -M

Why not give your vet a call and ask? No one in this ng can give you
anything but opinions.

Seeing as you've asked the question, I can only assume that you have some
concern (which is a good thing) so why not pick up the phone? That's what I
do.

John Doe
December 16th 05, 04:32 AM
Mickey > wrote:

> While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear
> leg. It doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea.
> There is no discoloration. Should I be concerned?

I think you should be able to determine whether you should be
concerned better than anyone on the Internet.

stay_right_there
December 16th 05, 05:07 AM
John Doe wrote:
> Mickey > wrote:
>
> > While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear
> > leg. It doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea.
> > There is no discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>
> I think you should be able to determine whether you should be
> concerned better than anyone on the Internet.

thank you

PawsForThought
December 16th 05, 01:12 PM
Mickey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
> doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
> discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>
> -M

Hi Mickey,
Could be nothing, but I would definitely have her checked out. Why
worry, when a vet exam can put your mind to rest, know what I mean? I
had a cat that had a bump once. I took her to the vet and turned out
to be a small cyst which the vet removed.

Take care and please let us know what the vet says.
Lauren

See my cats: http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe uren

December 17th 05, 07:59 PM
Yes, you should be concerned.
I had that very same situation six months ago with my healthy beautiful cat
and I did not pay any attention. That little bump kept growing. On Monday,
Dec. 12, it was surgecally operated on. It was a malignant tumor. Yesterday,
Dec. 16, Paris, my 9year old cat, was dead

"Mickey" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
> doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
> discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>
> -M

Mickey
December 17th 05, 09:33 PM
wrote:
> Yes, you should be concerned.
> I had that very same situation six months ago with my healthy beautiful cat
> and I did not pay any attention. That little bump kept growing. On Monday,
> Dec. 12, it was surgecally operated on. It was a malignant tumor. Yesterday,
> Dec. 16, Paris, my 9year old cat, was dead
>

> "Mickey" > wrote in message
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
>>doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
>>discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>-M

She's seeing the vet on Monday. Since it appeared in the same spot that
she received a rabies vaccine 3 weeks back, I am told its unlikely to be
anything like a tumor we'll get it checked out just to be safe.

Thanks for all your replies.

-M

Blu via CatKB.com
December 18th 05, 11:58 AM
Mickey wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>While brushing my cat, I detected a small bumpy spot on her rear leg. It
>doesn't seem to be painful and is about the size of a pea. There is no
>discoloration. Should I be concerned?
>
>-M

I would still get it looked at, but my cat had one on her leg that I didn't
see till I got her shaved. It never got any bigger or hurt her, the vet said
it was just a sist. Hoping for the best for you.

Blu