PDA

View Full Version : toileting problem

scullycat
December 17th 05, 02:39 AM
My cat is from a shelter and has been caged for 2 yrs. I don't know if that
has anything to do with this, but I've noticed that she has feces stuck to
her rear end hair, dryed and caked on. It's gross, and I don't know what to
do about it. Has anyone else had this problem. I've had many cat's, but
never had this problem. I keep her litter box clean. Any suggestions? She is
a short hair mixed bread. half tiger half calico. thanks

Joe Canuck
December 17th 05, 03:08 AM
scullycat wrote:

> My cat is from a shelter and has been caged for 2 yrs. I don't know if that
> has anything to do with this, but I've noticed that she has feces stuck to
> her rear end hair, dryed and caked on. It's gross, and I don't know what to
> do about it. Has anyone else had this problem. I've had many cat's, but
> never had this problem. I keep her litter box clean. Any suggestions? She is
> a short hair mixed bread. half tiger half calico. thanks

Cut off what dirty rear end hair that you can with scissors, but be careful.

Then, give her a bath to remove the rest. Rinse, use Dawn dish soap for
the first soaping, rinse, then use something like Mane 'n Coat for the
2nd soaping, then rinse thoroughly.

Perhaps the food you are feeding her doesn't quite agree with her.

John Doe
December 17th 05, 03:13 AM
Joe Canuck wrote:

> Then, give her a bath to remove the rest. Rinse, use Dawn dish soap for
> the first soaping, rinse, then use something like Mane 'n Coat for the
> 2nd soaping, then rinse thoroughly.
>
> Perhaps the food you are feeding her doesn't quite agree with her.

or just pop it with a wet towel

Willow
December 17th 05, 05:33 AM
I'd clean it with a warm wet towel and monitor closely.. if it keeps
happening on a shorthaired cat I think there might be a problem..

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My cat is from a shelter and has been caged for 2 yrs. I don't know if
that
> has anything to do with this, but I've noticed that she has feces stuck to
> her rear end hair, dryed and caked on. It's gross, and I don't know what
> do about it. Has anyone else had this problem. I've had many cat's, but
> never had this problem. I keep her litter box clean. Any suggestions? She
is
> a short hair mixed bread. half tiger half calico. thanks

Joe Canuck
December 17th 05, 01:00 PM
scullycat wrote:

> My cat is from a shelter and has been caged for 2 yrs. I don't know if that
> has anything to do with this, but I've noticed that she has feces stuck to
> her rear end hair, dryed and caked on. It's gross, and I don't know what to
> do about it. Has anyone else had this problem. I've had many cat's, but
> never had this problem. I keep her litter box clean. Any suggestions? She is
> a short hair mixed bread. half tiger half calico. thanks

BTW, I was thinking about this earlier... you might want to take your
cat to the vet for a check of the anal glands. They may be impacted.

scullycat
December 18th 05, 11:04 AM
thanks to all...to the vet we are going