PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Table

name
December 17th 05, 03:19 PM
Any suggestions on how to keep our cats from lounging on the table while
we are gone?

Non cat owners are not impressed with the cat hair on their silverware, etc.

TIA

Joe Canuck
December 17th 05, 03:26 PM
name wrote:

> Any suggestions on how to keep our cats from lounging on the table while
> we are gone?
>
> Non cat owners are not impressed with the cat hair on their silverware,
> etc.
>
> TIA

You need to make the table a less attractive place for them. To do that,
you need to find out what the attraction of the table is.

Does it provide a nice view out the window?
Is it comfy, with a table cloth and pad underneath?
Or, do they just do this because they can and it is another flat spot to
lay on?

Radio Shack used to sell a wireless (battery operated) proximity alarm
that would sound off rather loudly anytime something came close to it.

You could try finding something like that, then placing it on the table.
After having the beejeebers scared out of them a couple of times you may
have your table back.

How do they get up on it? Do they jump from the floor? If not, then
perhaps ensuring that the chairs are pushed all the way in might provide
some deterrent.

MaryL
December 17th 05, 05:25 PM
"name" > wrote in message
. ..
> Any suggestions on how to keep our cats from lounging on the table while
> we are gone?
>
> Non cat owners are not impressed with the cat hair on their silverware,
> etc.
>
> TIA

Why not place a different cover (tablecloth or pad) on the table when you
are not using it, then remove that when you plan to use the table? If you
don't need a tablecloth, all you need to do is wipe the table quickly before
meals with a weak Clorox solution. You could also use placemats. That is
what I do. As Joe suggested, I think Holly is attracted to my tables
because they are placed beside windows with a good view of birds, squirrels,
and other natural cat attractants. I don't stress over cats on the table,
and I find it easier just to "work around" their natural inclinations.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o