PDA

View Full Version : drinking a lot of water!!! and very fat

JQ
December 22nd 05, 03:29 AM
Hi My cat is about 6 years old and she sleeps all the time and drinks
so much water!!!! She's always been very very heavy, even on diets
she's always been overweight. I've been reading the posts and am now
wondering if she is diabetic and will have to bring her into the vet
asap. however can anyone suggest any other possibilities? Do diabetic
cats get fat? wouldn't she be thin? don't you get fat first and when
diabetes kicks in you get thin and ill? Could there be anything else
wrong with her. She's happy and doesn't seem ill.
Thank you,J

Gail
December 22nd 05, 05:04 AM
She should be checked by vet. Excessive drinking of water could be a sign
of diabetes or chronic renal failure.
Gail
"JQ" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi My cat is about 6 years old and she sleeps all the time and drinks
> so much water!!!! She's always been very very heavy, even on diets
> she's always been overweight. I've been reading the posts and am now
> wondering if she is diabetic and will have to bring her into the vet
> asap. however can anyone suggest any other possibilities? Do diabetic
> cats get fat? wouldn't she be thin? don't you get fat first and when
> diabetes kicks in you get thin and ill? Could there be anything else
> wrong with her. She's happy and doesn't seem ill.
> Thank you,J

chas
December 22nd 05, 06:19 PM
Definitely get her to the vet ASAP.