PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Diamond pet foods recalled due to Aflatoxin

MaryL
December 23rd 05, 07:26 AM
Diamond Pet Food has recalled some of their products because it may contain
aflatoxin, a naturally occurring toxic chemical by-product. I am not
familiar with Diamond Pet Foods, but I think it is important to distribute
this information for any of you who might be using it. Five cat food
products and 14 dog food products were recalled.

Here is the CNN report:
http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/diamond12_05.html
And this is the recall notice from the Diamond web site:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/22/dog.deaths/index.html

The CNN report says that "one of the nation's largest dog food producers has
recalled some of its products in 22 states after receiving reports that they
caused death and illness." The Diamond site says they are acting "out of an
abundance of caution."

MaryL