PDA

View Full Version : How do I weigh my cat


scullycat
December 23rd 05, 04:54 PM
My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with activity...what
activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food, or weigh her? thanks
in advance

---MIKE---
December 23rd 05, 05:22 PM
Scullycat wrote:

>>My cat is overweight. My vet said that
>> she will slim with activity...what
>> activity..lol...I don't know how to
>> restrict her food, or weigh her?

Don't free feed your cat. Feed on a fixed schedule. To weigh her, hold
her while you weigh both of you. Then weigh yourself and note the
difference.


---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

MaryL
December 23rd 05, 05:26 PM
"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with activity...what
> activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food, or weigh her?
> thanks in advance
>
I use a Tanita digital baby scale, model #1583. This model weighs up to 40
lbs. (accuracy: 0-20 lb./0.5 oz, 20-40 lb./1 oz.), has tare function to
eliminate weight of towel or carrier, and can switch for pounds to
kilograms. It has a big footprint and weighs quickly, so I simply set a cat
on the scale, quickly check the weight, and it's done. Some people use
their own bathroom scales by first weighing themselves, then getting on the
scales again with their cat and re-weighing. However, that is less likely
to be accurate (and accuracy is essential for a cat because even a few
ounces will be a *much* larger percentage of a cat's weight than of our
own). There also some less expensive models, but this one has been
exceptionally easy to use.

You should feed your cats a measured amount of canned food, preferably twice
a day on a 12-hour schedule (or as close to that as possible). I currently
use Wellness (several varieties) and Eagle Pack. Each of my cats gets 1/3
of a 5.5 oz. can twice a day, fed at 12-hour intervals. These are premium
cat foods, and that amount has held their weight perfectly. Holly weighs a
little more than 9 pounds, and Duffy weighs a little more than 8 pounds. At
one time, I free-fed dry food. That may be "easy," but it is not as healthy
and it is impossible to monitor intake that way. Once I switched to the
regimen I just described, Holly lost about 1 pound (which she had gradually
put on before I noticed) and has remained steady ever since. A good-quality
canned food is also much healthier than dry food, and I quickly saw an
improvement in her coat (which previously had some dandruff, but that
disappeared with the change in diet). I had adopted Duffy at the time I
made the change, but his improvement was remarkable because he had
previously been in an animal shelter for several months.

I feed fewer calories than the 30 calories per pound recommendations that I
have read on some sites. It is also less than the 1 can per day that
Wellness says is typical for an 8 to 10 pound adult cat. Other friends have
noticed the same thing with their cats. This may be because indoor cats do
not need as many calories as outdoor cats - but, for whatever reason, I
think the "recommended" caloric intake is likely to lead to fat cats. For
example, one 5.5 oz. can of Wellness chicken formula has 181 calories. This
means that my cats are getting between 13 and 14 calories per pound per day,
and their weight has remained constant on this diet. Other types of Wellness
will vary slightly, but this gives a reasonable approximation.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

Claude V. Lucas
December 23rd 05, 06:14 PM
I put Bubba in his carrier, weigh both on a reasonbly accurate
postal scale, then weigh the carrier without Bubba and do the
arithmetic.


Claude

Cat Protector
December 23rd 05, 07:11 PM
Our vet does that with one of my cats.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of Your Computer Needs!
www.panthertekit.com
"Claude V. Lucas" > wrote in message
...
>I put Bubba in his carrier, weigh both on a reasonbly accurate
> postal scale, then weigh the carrier without Bubba and do the
> arithmetic.
>
>
> Claude

Phil P.
December 23rd 05, 07:50 PM
"scullycat" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with activity...what
> activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food, or weigh her?
thanks
> in advance

How much does she weigh and how much are you feeding her?


Here's how to weigh a cat:

http://www.maxshouse.com/weighing_a_cat_made_easy.htm


Phil

John Doe
December 28th 05, 02:27 AM
"scullycat" > wrote:

> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with
> activity...what activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her
> food, or weigh her? thanks in advance

A fish scale works great. They are in the right weight range for a
cat so the accuracy is good, and they are relatively inexpensive.

If it is a hand-held model, you have to be strong enough to hold the
cat and whatever container used to weigh her in, and then subtract
the weight of the container. It is inexpensive, accurate, very
small, and efficient.

Take care.

John Doe
December 28th 05, 02:38 AM
"scullycat" > wrote:

> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with
> activity...what activity..lol...

Being out of shape (or round shaped), sucks.

Currently, my cats have a total of four carpeted 8' 2x4s
horizontally placed at various elevations/locations in my room, plus
one leaning 2x4 for easy climbing, and they can get up other ways as
well. Shelf brackets can be used for holding 2x4s. Putting them near
windows and putting treat food up there helps encourage them to
climb.

a christmas tree
December 28th 05, 07:59 AM
John Doe wrote:

> Currently, my cats have a total of four carpeted 8' 2x4s
> horizontally placed at various elevations/locations in my room, plus
> one leaning 2x4 for easy climbing, and they can get up other ways as
> well. Shelf brackets can be used for holding 2x4s. Putting them near
> windows and putting treat food up there helps encourage them to
> climb.

what a mess
i hope your landlord never finds out

NMR
December 28th 05, 03:55 PM
Like you don't want to do that to one of your rooms for your new additions
Barry
I built my house around my cats they have their own room Big bay windows
with huge window shelf spaces low overhanging shelves going all around
the rooms

"a christmas tree" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>
> John Doe wrote:
>
>> Currently, my cats have a total of four carpeted 8' 2x4s
>> horizontally placed at various elevations/locations in my room, plus
>> one leaning 2x4 for easy climbing, and they can get up other ways as
>> well. Shelf brackets can be used for holding 2x4s. Putting them near
>> windows and putting treat food up there helps encourage them to
>> climb.
>
> what a mess
> i hope your landlord never finds out
>

a christmas tree
December 28th 05, 04:05 PM
NMR wrote:
> Like you don't want to do that to one of your rooms for your new additions
> Barry
> I built my house around my cats they have their own room Big bay windows
> with huge window shelf spaces low overhanging shelves going all around
> the rooms

and you're so right

I want to build them a loft with a few inroads

john doe built a dr suess contraption, it's full of staples and tacs

Barb
December 28th 05, 05:41 PM
Maybe this isn't right but I get on the scale with and then without my cats
and subtract to get their weight. Their weight also will come up on the
scale if they get on it and are over 10 pounds.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

John Doe
December 28th 05, 09:58 PM
"Barb" > wrote:

> Maybe this isn't right but I get on the scale with and then
> without my cats and subtract to get their weight. Their weight
> also will come up on the scale if they get on it and are over 10
> pounds.

Ideally, you probably want a scale that weighs a little more than
the maximum you expect to weigh so the full range of the
meter/indicator is put to use.

But maybe you have a very high quality scale. Depending on what
accuracy is needed, you could test by holding on to something that
you know weighs about 2 ounces (whatever small weight difference you
need to know about your cat) and see if that is the result.

John Doe
December 28th 05, 10:05 PM
nym shifting troll

See also:
"cheryl_is_freak" <cheryl_is_freak yahoo.com>
"stay_right_there" <stay_right_there yahoo.com>
"a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
"bag-o-switches"...
"chickenwing"...
"coffeedog"...
"Prozack"...
"wannabe"...
"watermelon"...
"whitershadeofpale"...

"a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net> wrote:

> Path: newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm03.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google .com!g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
> From: "a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Date: 27 Dec 2005 22:59:46 -0800
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Lines: 13
> Message-ID: <1135753186.069704.237200 g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> References: <V4Vqf.9$7P2.4 trnddc07><Xns9739B37E0F14Ffollydom 207.115.17.102>
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.199.189.87
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> X-Trace: posting.google.com 1135753191 18748 127.0.0.1 (28 Dec 2005 06:59:51 GMT)
> X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 06:59:51 +0000 (UTC)
> In-Reply-To: <Xns9739B37E0F14Ffollydom 207.115.17.102>
> User-Agent: G2/0.2
> X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
> Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> Injection-Info: g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=151.199.189.87; posting-account=spjB1A0AAABQAQQ5dkg3_gZwONU3us3k
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419271
>
>
> John Doe wrote:
>
>> Currently, my cats have a total of four carpeted 8' 2x4s
>> horizontally placed at various elevations/locations in my room, plus
>> one leaning 2x4 for easy climbing, and they can get up other ways as
>> well. Shelf brackets can be used for holding 2x4s. Putting them near
>> windows and putting treat food up there helps encourage them to
>> climb.
>
> what a mess
> i hope your landlord never finds out
>
>

John Doe
December 28th 05, 10:18 PM
"a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net> wrote:



>
> john doe built a dr suess contraption,

What's wrong with that, troll?

>
> it's full of staples and tacs

Assuming that were true, troll, someone else can use something other
than staples and tacs.





>
>
>
>
>
> Path: newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google .com!g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
> From: "a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Date: 28 Dec 2005 07:05:52 -0800
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Lines: 14
> Message-ID: <1135782352.394812.311260 g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> References: <V4Vqf.9$7P2.4 trnddc07> <1135753186.069704.237200 g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <kHxsf.50458$8d.1286 tornado.tampabay.rr.com>
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.199.189.87
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> X-Trace: posting.google.com 1135782357 21855 127.0.0.1 (28 Dec 2005 15:05:57 GMT)
> X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:05:57 +0000 (UTC)
> In-Reply-To: <kHxsf.50458$8d.1286 tornado.tampabay.rr.com>
> User-Agent: G2/0.2
> X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
> Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> Injection-Info: g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=151.199.189.87; posting-account=spjB1A0AAABQAQQ5dkg3_gZwONU3us3k
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419287
>
>

meumar
December 31st 05, 10:24 PM
scullycat wrote:
> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with activity...what
> activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food, or weigh her? thanks
> in advance

My 19 year old cat has arthritis and likes to sleep on the couch all
day and all night. The vet also told me that it would be good if she
gets some moderate exercise. One thing that I found works is to put
her in an area that she doesn't want to be in. Then she is forced to
walk back to the couch. My house has two floors, and she hangs out
24/7 in the den downstairs, so I put her upstairs somewhere pretty far
from the den. Then she walks back downstairs. At first she had to
stop a few times on the way to rest, but she no longer needs to.

This really seems to have helped my cat - she is no longer limping, and
she has become much more active and enthusiastic.

meumar
December 31st 05, 10:24 PM
scullycat wrote:
> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with activity...what
> activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food, or weigh her? thanks
> in advance

My 19 year old cat has arthritis and likes to sleep on the couch all
day and all night. The vet also told me that it would be good if she
gets some moderate exercise. One thing that I found works is to put
her in an area that she doesn't want to be in. Then she is forced to
walk back to the couch. My house has two floors, and she hangs out
24/7 in the den downstairs, so I put her upstairs somewhere pretty far
from the den. Then she walks back downstairs. At first she had to
stop a few times on the way to rest, but she no longer needs to.

This really seems to have helped my cat - she is no longer limping, and
she has become much more active and enthusiastic.

Phil P.
December 31st 05, 11:15 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "scullycat" > wrote:
>
> > My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with
> > activity...what activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her
> > food, or weigh her? thanks in advance
>
> A fish scale works great. They are in the right weight range for a
> cat so the accuracy is good, and they are relatively inexpensive.
>
> If it is a hand-held model, you have to be strong enough to hold the
> cat and whatever container used to weigh her in,

Like how you stuff your cat in a plastic shopping bag and hang it from a
pocket fish scale, you ****ing moron?


John Doe >
SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com
Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:16 AM
alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Re: Any good & cheap weighing scale

>If you have a friend or can make a friend who has a strong arm (or
>two strong arms), by a fish scale.

>I recently bought a Berkley fish scale (FS2) at a sporting goods
>store. The weight range, 20 pounds, is perfect for cats. It is a
>small handheld device with a hook on it (the link is below in my
>signature area). The price said $16 but they charged me only $8 on
>sale. That model might be discontinued.

>You put the cat butt first into a bag. Always remove or place a
>cat butt first.

>Then you just put the plastic bag loops on the hook and hold up
>the fish scale with the cat underneath.

..

"John Doe"- your parents probably gave you that name because they're ashamed
to have such a moron for a son and don't want anyone to know they produced a
genetic error. I'd bet your father got you a vasectomy for you your 18th
birthday so you don't contaminate the human species with utter stupidity.


Knowing morons like you have cats make me tremble at every adoption

John Doe
January 1st 06, 02:56 AM
A tough guy wanna-be on the Internet playing his typical "holier
than thou" roll.

This is the same lunatic troll who claims that notching/cropping a
stray cat's ear for identification purposes is harmful as declawing
a cat.

"Phil P." > wrote:

> Path: newssvr29.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!nx01.iad01.news hosting.com!newshosting.com!207.69.154.102.MISMATC H!elnk-atl-nf2!newsfeed.earthlink.net!stamper.news.atl.earthl ink.net!newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net.POSTED!5b e4e383!not-for-mail
> From: "Phil P." >
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <[email protected]> >
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Lines: 52
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
> Message-ID: et>
> Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:15:38 GMT
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.198.114.242
> X-Complaints-To:
> X-Trace: newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net 1136067338 151.198.114.242 (Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:15:38 PST)
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 14:15:38 PST
> Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419573
>
>
> "John Doe" > wrote in message
> ...
>> "scullycat" > wrote:
>>
>> > My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with
>> > activity...what activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her
>> > food, or weigh her? thanks in advance
>>
>> A fish scale works great. They are in the right weight range for a
>> cat so the accuracy is good, and they are relatively inexpensive.
>>
>> If it is a hand-held model, you have to be strong enough to hold the
>> cat and whatever container used to weigh her in,
>
> Like how you stuff your cat in a plastic shopping bag and hang it from a
> pocket fish scale, you ****ing moron?
>
>
> John Doe >
> SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com
> Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:16 AM
> alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Re: Any good & cheap weighing scale
>
>>If you have a friend or can make a friend who has a strong arm (or
>>two strong arms), by a fish scale.
>
>>I recently bought a Berkley fish scale (FS2) at a sporting goods
>>store. The weight range, 20 pounds, is perfect for cats. It is a
>>small handheld device with a hook on it (the link is below in my
>>signature area). The price said $16 but they charged me only $8 on
>>sale. That model might be discontinued.
>
>>You put the cat butt first into a bag. Always remove or place a
>>cat butt first.
>
>>Then you just put the plastic bag loops on the hook and hold up
>>the fish scale with the cat underneath.
>
> .
>
> "John Doe"- your parents probably gave you that name because they're ashamed
> to have such a moron for a son and don't want anyone to know they produced a
> genetic error. I'd bet your father got you a vasectomy for you your 18th
> birthday so you don't contaminate the human species with utter stupidity.
>
>
> Knowing morons like you have cats make me tremble at every adoption
>
>
>
>
>

Phil P.
January 1st 06, 05:25 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> A tough guy wanna-be on the Internet playing his typical "holier
> than thou" roll.

Naa, Doe boy, I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a lot smarter than thou- I
don't stuff cats in plastic bags and hang them on fish hooks to weigh them.
I'm also not a coward like thou- who hides behind an idiotic screen name.

I wound thou up like a cheap toy- now I'll sit back and laugh at thou
respond to my old posts! LOL!

black-ip
January 1st 06, 07:25 AM
Phil P. wrote:

> I wound thou up like a cheap toy- now I'll sit back and laugh at thou
> respond to my old posts! LOL!

lol
nice job, yeah, I saw that old moldy post he was humping

the little ****er had it coming to him

John Doe
January 1st 06, 07:50 AM
nym shifting troll

See also:
"cheryl_is_freak" <cheryl_is_freak yahoo.com>
"stay_right_there" <stay_right_there yahoo.com>
"a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
"bag-o-switches"...
"black-ip"
"chickenwing"...
"coffeedog"...
"Prozack"...
"wannabe"...
"watermelon"...
"whitershadeofpale"...

"black-ip" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net> wrote:

> Path: newssvr14.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp. dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!postnews.google .com!g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
> From: "black-ip" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Date: 31 Dec 2005 22:25:14 -0800
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Lines: 11
> Message-ID: <1136096714.412872.218900 g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
> References: <V4Vqf.9$7P2.4 trnddc07><Xns9739B195E81DAfollydom 207.115.17.102> <eqDtf.2904$M%4.2796 newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> <Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102> <cRItf.899$%W1.680 newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.199.177.7
> Mime-Version: 1.0
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> X-Trace: posting.google.com 1136096719 25249 127.0.0.1 (1 Jan 2006 06:25:19 GMT)
> X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 06:25:19 +0000 (UTC)
> In-Reply-To: <cRItf.899$%W1.680 newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>
> User-Agent: G2/0.2
> X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
> Complaints-To: groups-abuse google.com
> Injection-Info: g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=151.199.177.7; posting-account=spjB1A0AAABQAQQ5dkg3_gZwONU3us3k
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419606
>
>
> Phil P. wrote:
>
>> I wound thou up like a cheap toy- now I'll sit back and laugh at thou
>> respond to my old posts! LOL!
>
> lol
> nice job, yeah, I saw that old moldy post he was humping
>
> the little ****er had it coming to him
>
>
>

NMR
January 1st 06, 08:43 AM
You are just as bad John Doe everytime you post that stupidity

John Doe
January 1st 06, 08:59 AM
It doesn't matter

"NMR" <haveyouplonkedatrolltoday anti-troll.com> wrote:

> Path: newssvr27.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm04.news.prodigy. com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.pro digy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!pr odigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nn tp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!cyclone1.gni link.net!gnilink.net!cyclone.southeast.rr.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!tornado.tampabay.rr.com.POSTE D!53ab2750!not-for-mail
> From: "NMR" <haveyouplonkedatrolltoday anti-troll.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <eqDtf.2904$M%4.2796 newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> <Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102> <cRItf.899$%W1.680 newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net> <1136096714.412872.218900 g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> <Xns973E8827AA13follydom 207.115.17.102>
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Lines: 3
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2670
> X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2670
> X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
> Message-ID: <ZKLtf.71487$6e.39016 tornado.tampabay.rr.com>
> Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 07:43:53 GMT
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.33.117.72
> X-Complaints-To: abuse rr.com
> X-Trace: tornado.tampabay.rr.com 1136101433 65.33.117.72 (Sun, 01 Jan 2006 02:43:53 EST)
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 02:43:53 EST
> Organization: Road Runner High Speed Online http://www.rr.com
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419615
>
> You are just as bad John Doe everytime you post that stupidity
>
>
>
>

John Doe
January 1st 06, 09:00 AM
"Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com> wrote:

> "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> news:Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102...
>> A tough guy wanna-be on the Internet playing his typical "holier
>> than thou" roll.
>
> Naa, Doe boy, I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a lot smarter
> than thou- I don't stuff cats in plastic bags and hang them on
> fish hooks to weigh them.

I am hesitant to take a liar's word for anything, let alone
something technical that might be difficult to verify.

Phil P regularly hurls false accusations at others. Then, when PP
is giving technical advice about nutrition and someone disputes him,
he begins hurling insults at his adversary who is on or above his
level.

>
> I'm also not a coward

The most cowardly regular poster I have met thus far.

>
> like thou- who hides behind an idiotic screen name.

Apparently the troll thinks he's a tough guy for hiding behind his
monitor wildly hurling abuse, insults, and accusations over the
Internet, even at females.

>
> ... LOL!

Phil P's frequent hysterical "LOL" reaction to his own quips
suggests to me that PP's brain is squirming like a toad, maybe
because of something he has done or maybe because he is just
a lunatic.



>
>
>
>
>
> Path: newssvr12.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu. edu!elnk-nf2-pas!newsfeed.earthlink.net!stamper.news.pas.earthl ink.net!stamper.news.atl.earthlink.net!newsread2.n ews.atl.earthlink.net.POSTED!5be4e383!not-for-mail
> From: "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <V4Vqf.9$7P2.4 trnddc07> <Xns9739B195E81DAfollydom 207.115.17.102> <eqDtf.2904$M%4.2796 newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> <Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102>
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Lines: 15
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
> Message-ID: <cRItf.899$%W1.680 newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>
> Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 04:25:44 GMT
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.198.114.242
> X-Complaints-To: abuse earthlink.net
> X-Trace: newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net 1136089544 151.198.114.242 (Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:25:44 PST)
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:25:44 PST
> Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419599
>
>

Charlie Wilkes
January 1st 06, 12:24 PM
On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 08:00:07 GMT, John Doe >
wrote:
>
>Phil P's frequent hysterical "LOL" reaction to his own quips
>suggests to me that PP's brain is squirming like a toad, maybe
>because of something he has done or maybe because he is just
>a lunatic.
>
There's a killer on the road
His brain is squirming like a toad
If you give this man a ride
Sweet family will die...

There is a big Doors contingent on Usenet, John. I came across them
in alt.fan.barry-manilow. One of them has .mp3 files of his
Morrisonesque riffs, and they're not bad, although they're not
Morrison by a long stretch.

How are your cats?

Charlie

Phil P.
January 1st 06, 02:40 PM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
> "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com> wrote:
>
> > "John Doe" <jdoe usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102...
> >> A tough guy wanna-be on the Internet playing his typical "holier
> >> than thou" roll.
> >
> > Naa, Doe boy, I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a lot smarter
> > than thou- I don't stuff cats in plastic bags and hang them on
> > fish hooks to weigh them.
>
> I am hesitant to take a liar's word for anything,


Since practically everyone in the group already knows you're a disturbed
moron, Doe boy, I don't
think anyone really cares what you take- or where you take it.



let alone
> something technical that might be difficult to verify.


Anything more technical than H2O is difficult for your to verify. OTOH,
your monumental stupidity is very easy to verify, Doe boy. All anyone has
to
do is read your idiotic posts!

Here's a classic example of your utter stupidity:


John Doe >
SBC http://yahoo.sbc.com
Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:16 AM
alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Re: Any good & cheap weighing scale

"I recently bought a Berkley fish scale (FS2) at a sporting goods
store. The weight range, 20 pounds, is perfect for cats. It is a
small handheld device with a hook on it (the link is below in my
signature area). The price said $16 but they charged me only $8 on
sale. That model might be discontinued.

You put the cat butt first into a bag. Always remove or place a
cat butt first.

Then you just put the plastic bag loops on the hook and hold up
the fish scale with the cat underneath."

Hanging cats in plastic bags from fish scales! Not too bright are you, Doe
boy?

black-ip
January 1st 06, 06:00 PM
Phil P. wrote:

John Doe goes...
> You put the cat butt first into a bag. Always remove or place a
> cat butt first.
>
> Then you just put the plastic bag loops on the hook and hold up
> the fish scale with the cat underneath."
>
> >>Hanging cats in plastic bags from fish scales! Not too bright are you, Doe
> >>boy?

Phil P.

~~

what a mirage

cybercat
January 1st 06, 07:03 PM
"NMR" > wrote in message
. ..
> You are just as bad John Doe everytime you post that stupidity
>
>

He is dense as anything and stubborn too. I think he runs
on batteries sometimes.

black-ip
January 1st 06, 09:08 PM
cybercat wrote:

> He is dense as anything and stubborn too. I think he runs
> on batteries sometimes.

then everyonce in a while he'll do something to remind you he is just a
troll

John Doe
January 2nd 06, 12:11 AM
"Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com> wrote:

>
> I wound thou up like a cheap toy- now I'll sit back and laugh at
> thou respond to my old posts! LOL!

Then your frequent insults and false accusations against others is
to be an intentional effort to bring insults upon yourself instead
of only an effort to protect your fragile ego.

I'm sure there are better groups to get sadomasochistic
satisfaction.




>
>
>
>
>
> Path: newssvr25.news.prodigy.net!newsdbm05.news.prodigy. com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prod igy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!ne wscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu. edu!elnk-nf2-pas!newsfeed.earthlink.net!stamper.news.pas.earthl ink.net!stamper.news.atl.earthlink.net!newsread2.n ews.atl.earthlink.net.POSTED!5be4e383!not-for-mail
> From: "Phil P." <phil maxshouse.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> References: <V4Vqf.9$7P2.4 trnddc07> <Xns9739B195E81DAfollydom 207.115.17.102> <eqDtf.2904$M%4.2796 newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> <Xns973DCACFA6137follydom 207.115.17.102>
> Subject: Re: How do I weigh my cat
> Lines: 15
> X-Priority: 3
> X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
> X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1506
> X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1506
> Message-ID: <cRItf.899$%W1.680 newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>
> Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 04:25:44 GMT
> NNTP-Posting-Host: 151.198.114.242
> X-Complaints-To: abuse earthlink.net
> X-Trace: newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net 1136089544 151.198.114.242 (Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:25:44 PST)
> NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:25:44 PST
> Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
> Xref: newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com rec.pets.cats.health+behav:419599
>
>

John Doe
January 2nd 06, 12:25 AM
Charlie Wilkes > wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 08:00:07 GMT, John Doe
> > wrote:

>>
> There's a killer on the road
> His brain is squirming like a toad
> If you give this man a ride
> Sweet family will die...
>
> There is a big Doors contingent on Usenet,

Another one of my favorite illustrations of (criminal) mental
illness is the barroom scene in Star Wars where the "wanted men" are
picking a fight with Luke Skywalker.

>
> How are your cats?

Fine. I wish there weren't so many stray animals in my
neighborhood.

Phil P.
January 2nd 06, 03:56 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message
...
>
> I'm sure there are better groups to get sadomasochistic
> satisfaction.

And I'm sure you're a regular in all of them, Doe boy! LOL!

Clyde Ferndock
January 2nd 06, 11:09 PM
"scullycat" > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> My cat is overweight. My vet said that she will slim with
> activity...what activity..lol...I don't know how to restrict her food,
> or weigh her? thanks in advance
>
>
>

Maybe I've missed a reply in this string, but the obvious seems to be to
weigh yourself on a bathroom scale, and then weigh yourself with the cat.
It takes a bit of second grade math, but it seems to work fine with my
fathead cats.

Levon
January 6th 06, 05:42 PM
John Doe wrote:
> nym shifting troll
>
> See also:
> "cheryl_is_freak" <cheryl_is_freak yahoo.com>
> "stay_right_there" <stay_right_there yahoo.com>
> "a christmas tree" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net>
> "bag-o-switches"...
> "black-ip"
> "chickenwing"...
> "coffeedog"...
> "Prozack"...
> "wannabe"...
> "watermelon"...
> "whitershadeofpale"...
>
> "black-ip" <bigbadbarry adelphia.net> wrote:
>
ooooooooohhh! i have many namesssss

BUTCHEWCANCALLMEDAD!!!