PDA

View Full Version : First time poster question

Dave I
December 26th 05, 01:10 PM
Most of the time my cat (male 9 yrs old) will poop a couple of lumps in
his litter box and then finish pooping on the floor in another room.
(sometimes he does it all on the floor) He started doing this about a
year ago. He is an indoor cat and does not have any other problems. Any
ideas why he does this? I keep his litter box very clean. Thanks, Dave

December 26th 05, 02:08 PM
Might seem a silly question, do you make a fuss / moan and groan when you
clean the litter tray? If he only sees you, your his all! His food and care
giver, his play mate his total life, to him you are the boss/dad, remember
he will always be a kitten with you, because your his provider..
He might pick up on your distress when you clean the tray, = think he is
doing it in the wrong place.
I do it like the crap fairies, I sneak in and move the solids when I think
they ain't looking. funny mine, they don't pee in the tray just crap, they
must pee outside.

cybercat
December 26th 05, 04:23 PM
"Dave I" > wrote in message
> Most of the time my cat (male 9 yrs old) will poop a couple of lumps in
> his litter box and then finish pooping on the floor in another room.
> (sometimes he does it all on the floor) He started doing this about a
> year ago. He is an indoor cat and does not have any other problems. Any
> ideas why he does this? I keep his litter box very clean. Thanks, Dave

It is possible that he is constipated. What are you feeding him?

Karen
December 26th 05, 06:03 PM
On 2005-12-26 06:10:03 -0600, (Dave I) said:

> Most of the time my cat (male 9 yrs old) will poop a couple of lumps in
> his litter box and then finish pooping on the floor in another room.
> (sometimes he does it all on the floor) He started doing this about a
> year ago. He is an indoor cat and does not have any other problems. Any
> ideas why he does this? I keep his litter box very clean. Thanks, Dave

He might be constipated. Do you give your cat laxatone fairly
regularly? Sometimes, in my cats, the hair is too hard to pass and they
aren't able to finish in the box.