PDA

View Full Version : Great cat litter scoop

MaryL
December 26th 05, 11:59 PM
A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
financial interest in this company.)

MaryL

December 27th 05, 03:09 PM
MaryL wrote:
> A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
> Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
> scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
> raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
> the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
> non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
> not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
> one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
> talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
> financial interest in this company.)
>
> MaryL

OK, Mary, I just ordered one on your recommendation. It doesn't look
that much different from the regular scoops I use though! Wonder what
the secret is.
But at $8.50, with free shipping and handling, the price is certainly
reasonable.
Will write a review when I get it!

Sherry

December 28th 05, 12:01 AM
MaryL wrote:
> A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
> Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
> scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
> raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
> the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
> non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
> not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
> one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
> talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
> financial interest in this company.)
> MaryL

A very good idea, using triangular tines but what about all that
wonderful exercise in building up the wrists and forearms from sifting
and shaking and scraping? Will it work with Swheatscoop, the wheat
litter? probably.

MaryL
December 28th 05, 01:18 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> MaryL wrote:
>> A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
>> Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
>> scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
>> raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop,
>> and
>> the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
>> non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
>> not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but
>> this
>> one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
>> talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have
>> no
>> financial interest in this company.)
>> MaryL
>
> A very good idea, using triangular tines but what about all that
> wonderful exercise in building up the wrists and forearms from sifting
> and shaking and scraping? Will it work with Swheatscoop, the wheat
> litter? probably.

I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a friend
who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole kernel
corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted, part
of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
(clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes far
fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter box
with new litter as frequently as in the past.

From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
mentioned. :o)

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

December 28th 05, 07:03 AM
MaryL wrote:
> I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a friend
> who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole kernel
> corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted, part
> of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
> litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
> (clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes far
> fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
> money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter box
> with new litter as frequently as in the past.
>
> From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
> mentioned. :o)
>
> MaryL
>
> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e

The web site is a bit confusing. I could not get all 20 [they say they
now have] of the colors to choose from. I preferred the cream that I
saw in one photo but was not listed in the text options. I'm tired of
my vast array of blue scoops. They also might consider telling about
the free shipping up front and checks only. That's different. Like a
literal cottage industry. Build a better mouse trap and the world will
come to you.

Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?

MaryL
December 28th 05, 07:31 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> MaryL wrote:
>> I haven't used Swheatscoop, but I think it would work well. I have a
>> friend
>> who uses World's Best Cat Litter (a clumping litter made from whole
>> kernel
>> corn), and she thinks these scoops are fantastic. As you have noted,
>> part
>> of the secret seems to lie in the triangular tines, which permit clean
>> litter to quickly flow through but which trap even small amounts of waste
>> (clumps). They are also longer and wider than other scoops, so it takes
>> far
>> fewer "lifts" to clean a litter box. I even think I'm going to save some
>> money because I don't think I will need to completely change the litter
>> box
>> with new litter as frequently as in the past.
>>
>> From now on, I'll just have to do without that wonderful exercise you
>> mentioned. :o)
>>
>> MaryL
>>
>> Photos of Duffy and Holly: >'o'<
>> Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
>> Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
>> Duffy and Holly together: http://tinyurl.com/8b47e
>
> The web site is a bit confusing. I could not get all 20 [they say they
> now have] of the colors to choose from. I preferred the cream that I
> saw in one photo but was not listed in the text options. I'm tired of
> my vast array of blue scoops. They also might consider telling about
> the free shipping up front and checks only. That's different. Like a
> literal cottage industry. Build a better mouse trap and the world will
> come to you.

Yes, I think this is a great product, but the web site needs some work.

> Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
> forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?

The photo of Duffy is *exactly* what caught my interest. He looked like a
little old man -- forlorn and waiflike, as you said. Then I read the
description on Petfinder and discovered that he is blind and had been at the
shelter for several months. Kitten season was approaching, and I knew space
would be at a premium. He was already living on "borrowed time" because
that shelter only guarantees that cats and dogs will kept for 14 days before
euthanasia. The poor little guy just tugged at my heartstrings. As it
turned out, he is much younger than I expected, he became a gorgeous cat
with good care, and he is the dearest, sweetest cat that anyone could ever
hope for. So, his adoption turned out to be a real blessing for *me* and
not just for him.

MaryL

jmc
December 28th 05, 06:58 PM
Suddenly, without warning, MaryL exclaimed (26-Dec-05 11:59 PM):
> A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
> Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
> scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
> raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
> the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
> non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
> not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
> one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
> talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
> financial interest in this company.)
>
> MaryL

Actually, my first thought is that it is kinda strange a friend gave you
a litter scoop for Christmas. True cat lover's friend, there :)

Does look like a good scoop though.

jmc

MaryL
December 28th 05, 11:44 PM
"jmc" > wrote in message
> Suddenly, without warning, MaryL exclaimed (26-Dec-05 11:59 PM):
>> A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
>> Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
>> scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
>> raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop,
>> and the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and
>> all non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the
>> clumps do not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the
>> years, but this one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site
>> to see what I'm talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html
>> (And, no, I have no financial interest in this company.)
>>
>> MaryL
>
> Actually, my first thought is that it is kinda strange a friend gave you a
> litter scoop for Christmas. True cat lover's friend, there :)
>
> Does look like a good scoop though.
>
> jmc

Yes, she's a true cat lover's friend. However, the scoop was only one of a
number of items she gave me for Christmas. It was a great gift package!

MaryL

December 30th 05, 06:00 AM
MaryL wrote:
> > Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
> > forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?
> >
> The photo of Duffy is *exactly* what caught my interest. He looked like a
> little old man -- forlorn and waiflike, as you said. Then I read the
> description on Petfinder and discovered that he is blind and had been at the
> shelter for several months. Kitten season was approaching, and I knew space
> would be at a premium. He was already living on "borrowed time" because
> that shelter only guarantees that cats and dogs will kept for 14 days before
> euthanasia. The poor little guy just tugged at my heartstrings. As it
> turned out, he is much younger than I expected, he became a gorgeous cat
> with good care, and he is the dearest, sweetest cat that anyone could ever
> hope for. So, his adoption turned out to be a real blessing for *me* and
> not just for him.
>
> MaryL

That's good. I gather he was not the cat laying on the back at the top
of a tall piece of furniture then? He does look much better and not
worried like before. You rescued the fellow for sure since blindness
would make him unlikely to be adopted.

MaryL
December 30th 05, 07:37 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...

> MaryL wrote:
>> > Your cat's photo, Duffy, at the adoption center. Looked awfully
>> > forlorn. Is that one reason why you chose?
>> >
>> The photo of Duffy is *exactly* what caught my interest. He looked like
>> little old man -- forlorn and waiflike, as you said. Then I read the
>> description on Petfinder and discovered that he is blind and had been at
>> the
>> shelter for several months. Kitten season was approaching, and I knew
>> space
>> would be at a premium. He was already living on "borrowed time" because
>> that shelter only guarantees that cats and dogs will kept for 14 days
>> before
>> euthanasia. The poor little guy just tugged at my heartstrings. As it
>> turned out, he is much younger than I expected, he became a gorgeous cat
>> with good care, and he is the dearest, sweetest cat that anyone could
>> ever
>> hope for. So, his adoption turned out to be a real blessing for *me* and
>> not just for him.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> That's good. I gather he was not the cat laying on the back at the top
> of a tall piece of furniture then? He does look much better and not
> worried like before. You rescued the fellow for sure since blindness
> would make him unlikely to be adopted.

Actually, that *is* Duffy, if I understand the photo you mean. Duffy may be
blind, but he does almost anything that any sighted can can do. He loves to
climb and is truly a little gymnast. He will swirl up and down his cat tree
and is almost fearless.

MaryL

MaryL
December 30th 05, 09:00 AM
news:[email protected]

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...

>>> The photo of Duffy is *exactly* what caught my interest. He looked like
>>> little old man -- forlorn and waiflike, as you said. Then I read the
>>> description on Petfinder and discovered that he is blind and had been at
>>> the
>>> shelter for several months. Kitten season was approaching, and I knew
>>> space
>>> would be at a premium. He was already living on "borrowed time" because
>>> that shelter only guarantees that cats and dogs will kept for 14 days
>>> before
>>> euthanasia. The poor little guy just tugged at my heartstrings. As it
>>> turned out, he is much younger than I expected, he became a gorgeous cat
>>> with good care, and he is the dearest, sweetest cat that anyone could
>>> ever
>>> hope for. So, his adoption turned out to be a real blessing for *me*
>>> and
>>> not just for him.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>
>> That's good. I gather he was not the cat laying on the back at the top
>> of a tall piece of furniture then? He does look much better and not
>> worried like before. You rescued the fellow for sure since blindness
>> would make him unlikely to be adopted.
>>

> Actually, that *is* Duffy, if I understand the photo you mean. Duffy may
> be blind, but he does almost anything that any sighted can can do. He
> loves to climb and is truly a little gymnast. He will swirl up and down
> his cat tree and is almost fearless.
>
> MaryL

To clarify, because I suddenly realized that I have photos of both cats at
the location I think you described -- Holly is my black cat, and Duffy is
gray and white. As far as I am concerned, they are both "perfection cats."

MaryL

December 31st 05, 02:24 AM
MaryL wrote:
> Actually, that *is* Duffy, if I understand the photo you mean. Duffy may be
> blind, but he does almost anything that any sighted can can do. He loves to
> climb and is truly a little gymnast. He will swirl up and down his cat tree
> and is almost fearless.
>
> MaryL

Yes, indeed, that's from your Duffy alblum, photo is titled "Upside
down." He is laying on his back with his upper body hanging off the top
edge upside down. That's pretty amazing for a cat that cannot see. Very
nice. Comfy. Not a care in the air. He looks almost as though he is
sleeping while extended precariously over the edge of the top of the
bookcase.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4688654&uid=2364916&members=1

MaryL
December 31st 05, 03:58 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> MaryL wrote:
>> Actually, that *is* Duffy, if I understand the photo you mean. Duffy may
>> be
>> blind, but he does almost anything that any sighted can can do. He loves
>> climb and is truly a little gymnast. He will swirl up and down his cat
>> tree
>> and is almost fearless.
>>
>> MaryL
>
> Yes, indeed, that's from your Duffy alblum, photo is titled "Upside
> down." He is laying on his back with his upper body hanging off the top
> edge upside down. That's pretty amazing for a cat that cannot see. Very
> nice. Comfy. Not a care in the air. He looks almost as though he is
> sleeping while extended precariously over the edge of the top of the
> bookcase.
>
> http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4688654&uid=2364916&members=1

Duffy loves that position. In fact, I had two carpeted poles made
specifically because I was afraid he would slip and fall from the polished
wood of the hutch (that's a computer hutch in the picture). I had one pole
mounted to the side of the hutch (for climbing), and the other pole is
mounted horizontally along the front top edge of the hutch (to give Duffy
something to grasp if he started to slip or fall). That's what he is
leaning out from in the picture, almost on his back.

MaryL

January 17th 06, 05:03 PM
wrote:
> MaryL wrote:
> > A friend gave me a "Litter-Lifter" cat scoop for Christmas. I love it!!
> > Now, it may sound a little strange to hear that someone "loves" a litter
> > scoop, but this one is so different that it really does deserve all the
> > raves. It is heavy-duty, wide and long enough for a really good scoop, and
> > the tines are placed in such a way that all clumps are retained and all
> > non-used litter drops through -- all without shaking it, so the clumps do
> > not break up. I have used all types of scoops through the years, but this
> > one is a marvel. If you're interested, go to this site to see what I'm
> > talking about: http://www.litter-lifter.com/index.html (And, no, I have no
> > financial interest in this company.)
> >
> > MaryL
>
> OK, Mary, I just ordered one on your recommendation. It doesn't look
> that much different from the regular scoops I use though! Wonder what
> the secret is.
> But at $8.50, with free shipping and handling, the price is certainly
> reasonable.
> Will write a review when I get it!
>
> Sherry

OK, here's the review: I got the scoop just ten days after I'd ordered
it via snail mail with a personal check. I thought that was *extremely*
good service. You're right about the design, it is difficult to tell
from the picture but it *is* different and quite effective. I like the
length of the scoop (best for big boxes though). I liked it enough to
order another one.

Sherry

-L.
January 17th 06, 05:37 PM
wrote:
> OK, here's the review: I got the scoop just ten days after I'd ordered
> it via snail mail with a personal check. I thought that was *extremely*
> good service. You're right about the design, it is difficult to tell
> from the picture but it *is* different and quite effective. I like the
> length of the scoop (best for big boxes though). I liked it enough to
> order another one.
>
> Sherry

Damn, now I have to order a couple. Thanks, guys, for the rec!
-L.