PDA

View Full Version : My new cat: Why he's the IDEAL cat!

bethmeryle@yahoo.com
December 27th 05, 02:24 PM
Hello, we adopted a 3 year old neutered boy about 3 weeks ago. His
name is Freckles (all white with orange spots, medium soft fur and a
big fluffy tail). He reminded me so much of Tycho, who we lost
recently at 19.5.

I hate to brag, but I will! This may be the ideal cat. I joke with DH
that Freckles is going to host a seminar to teach other indoor cats
proper behavior!

>From the minute we brought him home, he was cuddly and affectionate.
He immediately used the corrugated cardboard scratchy pads. We
isolated him from Ginger, our resident lady cat (12). When he met her,
he respected her girly hissing, and never raised a paw to her. 4 days
later, she tolerated him, no issues, no more hissing. He is making
polite attempts to play with her.

He plays with you on demand. He sleeps cuddled up to me. He follows
me like a puppy. He eats what he is given with no finnickiness. He
uses his litter and covers his poo. He doesnt claw the furniture or
carpet. He is the IDEAL cat!!!!!

Beth

Gail
December 27th 05, 04:03 PM
How lovely that he is sooo nice!! It's great that you adopted him!!
Gail
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello, we adopted a 3 year old neutered boy about 3 weeks ago. His
> name is Freckles (all white with orange spots, medium soft fur and a
> big fluffy tail). He reminded me so much of Tycho, who we lost
> recently at 19.5.
>
> I hate to brag, but I will! This may be the ideal cat. I joke with DH
> that Freckles is going to host a seminar to teach other indoor cats
> proper behavior!
>
>>From the minute we brought him home, he was cuddly and affectionate.
> He immediately used the corrugated cardboard scratchy pads. We
> isolated him from Ginger, our resident lady cat (12). When he met her,
> he respected her girly hissing, and never raised a paw to her. 4 days
> later, she tolerated him, no issues, no more hissing. He is making
> polite attempts to play with her.
>
> He plays with you on demand. He sleeps cuddled up to me. He follows
> me like a puppy. He eats what he is given with no finnickiness. He
> uses his litter and covers his poo. He doesnt claw the furniture or
> carpet. He is the IDEAL cat!!!!!
>
> Beth

cybercat
December 27th 05, 04:40 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello, we adopted a 3 year old neutered boy about 3 weeks ago. His
> name is Freckles (all white with orange spots, medium soft fur and a
> big fluffy tail). He reminded me so much of Tycho, who we lost
> recently at 19.5.
>
> I hate to brag, but I will! This may be the ideal cat. I joke with DH
> that Freckles is going to host a seminar to teach other indoor cats
> proper behavior!
>
> >From the minute we brought him home, he was cuddly and affectionate.
> He immediately used the corrugated cardboard scratchy pads. We
> isolated him from Ginger, our resident lady cat (12). When he met her,
> he respected her girly hissing, and never raised a paw to her. 4 days
> later, she tolerated him, no issues, no more hissing. He is making
> polite attempts to play with her.
>
> He plays with you on demand. He sleeps cuddled up to me. He follows
> me like a puppy. He eats what he is given with no finnickiness. He
> uses his litter and covers his poo. He doesnt claw the furniture or
> carpet. He is the IDEAL cat!!!!!

Wow, Beth! Tycho must have been there in spirit, helping you choose
the perfect kitty. I am happy for both of you. Now we need to see some
photos. :)

Barb
December 27th 05, 05:06 PM
That's so nice! Must be luck because you never really know how they are
going to turn out once they come home with you! Best of luck with him
always,

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

mlbriggs
December 27th 05, 09:51 PM
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 06:24:54 -0800, bethmeryle wrote:

> Hello, we adopted a 3 year old neutered boy about 3 weeks ago. His
> name is Freckles (all white with orange spots, medium soft fur and a
> big fluffy tail). He reminded me so much of Tycho, who we lost
> recently at 19.5.
>
> I hate to brag, but I will! This may be the ideal cat. I joke with DH
> that Freckles is going to host a seminar to teach other indoor cats
> proper behavior!
>
>>From the minute we brought him home, he was cuddly and affectionate.
> He immediately used the corrugated cardboard scratchy pads. We
> isolated him from Ginger, our resident lady cat (12). When he met her,
> he respected her girly hissing, and never raised a paw to her. 4 days
> later, she tolerated him, no issues, no more hissing. He is making
> polite attempts to play with her.
>
> He plays with you on demand. He sleeps cuddled up to me. He follows
> me like a puppy. He eats what he is given with no finnickiness. He
> uses his litter and covers his poo. He doesnt claw the furniture or
> carpet. He is the IDEAL cat!!!!!
>
> Beth

Purrs for that sweet boy that his life will be long and happy. Do you
know his background? MLB

chas
December 27th 05, 11:58 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival!

chas

bethsteinmetz@gmail.com
December 28th 05, 01:09 AM
All I know is that he originally came from a house of 6 cats. The
couple split up, and the woman couldnt keep the house. So, she found
homes for 3 cats and the other 3 went into foster homes with the
organization I adopted from. When I met Freckles, he was being
fostered in a home of 24 cats! The foster mom was great, but that was
a huge number of cats in a small home. I think he is thrilled to be
one of only 2!

dgk
December 28th 05, 03:06 PM
On 27 Dec 2005 06:24:54 -0800, wrote:

>Hello, we adopted a 3 year old neutered boy about 3 weeks ago. His
>name is Freckles (all white with orange spots, medium soft fur and a
>big fluffy tail). He reminded me so much of Tycho, who we lost
>recently at 19.5.
>
>I hate to brag, but I will! This may be the ideal cat. I joke with DH
>that Freckles is going to host a seminar to teach other indoor cats
>proper behavior!
>
>>From the minute we brought him home, he was cuddly and affectionate.
>He immediately used the corrugated cardboard scratchy pads. We
>isolated him from Ginger, our resident lady cat (12). When he met her,
>he respected her girly hissing, and never raised a paw to her. 4 days
>later, she tolerated him, no issues, no more hissing. He is making
>polite attempts to play with her.
>
>He plays with you on demand. He sleeps cuddled up to me. He follows
>me like a puppy. He eats what he is given with no finnickiness. He
>uses his litter and covers his poo. He doesnt claw the furniture or
>carpet. He is the IDEAL cat!!!!!
>
>Beth

Sounds great. I can't get Nipsy to cover the poo. He scratches around
but rarely inside the litter box. Then he seems puzzled that the poo
is still there. He's very soft, very mushy, but not really the
smartest of cats. Luckily Espy comes along and covers his and Nipsy's.