PDA

View Full Version : Has a cat ever clawed your eyeball?

John Doe
December 30th 05, 05:40 AM
I came very close to getting my eyeball scratched when getting too
cozy with a new cat.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
claws.

December 30th 05, 06:43 AM
John Doe > wrote:

>I came very close to getting my eyeball scratched when getting too
>cozy with a new cat.
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
>claws.

I had a friend's cat once swipe at my eye and I got it shut just in
time to get a nice deep scratch across the eyelid fold.

-mhd

NMR
December 30th 05, 06:56 AM
I got clip before John scratched the I believe it is called Cornea. It
happened when handling a stray he went wild and I could not hold on to him.
I had to wear an eye patch for about a week and put eye drops in to prevent
infection. Plus all the nice boosters that are required when you get bit or
scratched at our shelter. But almost any shelter worker doing it long
enough has it happen to them

It is not fun the damage itched It drove me nuts for 2 days until the doc
gave me a pain killer in liquid form for the eyes

I wear a set of goggles or face shield mask plus my Kevlar gloves and
handlers jump suit. Best investment I ever made no more problems to worry
about.

How bad was your scratch?

> wrote in message
> John Doe > wrote:
>
>>I came very close to getting my eyeball scratched when getting too
>>cozy with a new cat.
>>
>>I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
>>claws.
>
> I had a friend's cat once swipe at my eye and I got it shut just in
> time to get a nice deep scratch across the eyelid fold.
>
> -mhd

Frank Pittel
December 30th 05, 10:09 AM
John Doe > wrote:
: I came very close to getting my eyeball scratched when getting too
: cozy with a new cat.

: I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
: claws.

A cat will instinctivly go for the eyes when attacking.
--

-------------------

Claude V. Lucas
December 30th 05, 05:42 PM
In article >,
Frank Pittel > wrote:
>John Doe > wrote:
>: I came very close to getting my eyeball scratched when getting too
>: cozy with a new cat.
>
>: I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
>: claws.
>
>A cat will instinctivly go for the eyes when attacking.

If I forget to leave out enough food overnight, Bubba
will lick my eyes/eyelids while I'm sleeping. Strange
way to wake up...

Claude

December 30th 05, 07:36 PM
"NMR" > wrote:

>How bad was your scratch?

It was deep and right along the eyelid fold but it never got infected.
Good thing as I didn't know as much about cat scratch infections in
those days and probably would have delayed medical treatment. It just
healed up in a few days.

-mhd

Gold Finger
December 31st 05, 03:33 PM
John Doe wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has experienced an eyeball injury via cat
> claws.

you just can't help it can you