PDA

View Full Version : Cat Hair Remover

December 30th 05, 10:46 PM
I have 7 cats. Does anyone know of a product that picks up cat hair
from clothes? I have those rolling things but they don't do a very good
job. or, if the rolling things are the only option is there one brand
that is better than the others?
Thanks.

MaryL
December 30th 05, 11:27 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have 7 cats. Does anyone know of a product that picks up cat hair
> from clothes? I have those rolling things but they don't do a very good
> job. or, if the rolling things are the only option is there one brand
> that is better than the others?
> Thanks.

I have a brush called "Magic Brush." They are almost always bright red and
come in both long- and short-handled versions. If you brush one way, it
picks up fur; then run your hand over it the other direction, and the fur
comes off the brush and can be thrown away. That is my favorite cleaner for
clothing, and I often use it on upholstered furniture, too.. There is also
a thick (and soft) type of foam rubber that some people like. For
furniture, buy one of the little portable Dirt Devil vacuum cleaners unless
you already have a vacuum with a "turbo" type bursh. Be sure to get the one
with a revolving brush -- does a great job of cleaning cat hair from
furniture. You can buy one directly from the Dirt Devil web site if you
can't find one locally (*don't* get the light-weight plastic one).

MaryL

CatNipped
December 31st 05, 12:48 AM
I've found the best thing is actually a cat brush - one of those rubber
ones. It seems to attract cat hair like a magnet.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have 7 cats. Does anyone know of a product that picks up cat hair
> from clothes? I have those rolling things but they don't do a very good
> job. or, if the rolling things are the only option is there one brand
> that is better than the others?
> Thanks.

cybercat
December 31st 05, 01:21 AM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> I've found the best thing is actually a cat brush - one of those rubber
> ones. It seems to attract cat hair like a magnet.

I have to say, I love having two short-haired cats. My first cat had
long, very silky hair with a pretty thick undercoat. I lived with my
vacuum cleaner on and just about gave up wearing black.

CatNipped
December 31st 05, 02:32 AM
"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> I've found the best thing is actually a cat brush - one of those rubber
>> ones. It seems to attract cat hair like a magnet.
>>

> I have to say, I love having two short-haired cats. My first cat had
> long, very silky hair with a pretty thick undercoat. I lived with my
> vacuum cleaner on and just about gave up wearing black.

LOL! I have *THREE* long-haired cats (and on short haired). Two of the
are very dark tabbies and one is pure white, so I can't win no matter *what*
I wear! ;> I just tell people I like mo' hair (as in no matter how much I
brush off I keep attracting mo' hair)!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Edward Chimiel
December 31st 05, 02:43 AM
I have 2 regular long hair, a mainecoon, 2 short hair and 2 dogs. I just
tell everyone that no outfit is complete with cat and dog fur.
"CatNipped" > wrote in message

> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CatNipped" > wrote in message
>>> I've found the best thing is actually a cat brush - one of those rubber
>>> ones. It seems to attract cat hair like a magnet.
>>>

>> I have to say, I love having two short-haired cats. My first cat had
>> long, very silky hair with a pretty thick undercoat. I lived with my
>> vacuum cleaner on and just about gave up wearing black.
>
> LOL! I have *THREE* long-haired cats (and on short haired). Two of the
> are very dark tabbies and one is pure white, so I can't win no matter
> *what* I wear! ;> I just tell people I like mo' hair (as in no matter
> how much I brush off I keep attracting mo' hair)!
>
> Hugs,
>
> CatNipped

Gold Finger
December 31st 05, 06:05 AM
wrote:
> I have 7 cats. Does anyone know of a product that picks up cat hair
> Thanks.

yeah, those typical sticky rollers work great
for about 5 seconds, then you gotta peel them down to the next layer of
sticky