PDA

View Full Version : Cat has red nose

Teddy
January 1st 06, 02:27 PM
My 7 year old female cat, Dirty Face has red showing thru her white fur
on her nose. Last Aug. when I took her for her annual shots I mentioned
it to the vet. He said to put Neosporin on it. It didn't help. Then it
was just red between the eyes now it's down her nose. What on earth
could cause this? It doesn't seem to be painful to her, Thanks for any
help,

Candace
January 2nd 06, 12:47 AM
Teddy wrote:
> My 7 year old female cat, Dirty Face has red showing thru her white fur
> on her nose. Last Aug. when I took her for her annual shots I mentioned
> it to the vet. He said to put Neosporin on it. It didn't help. Then it
> was just red between the eyes now it's down her nose. What on earth
> could cause this? It doesn't seem to be painful to her, Thanks for any
> help,

I don't know but I have often read that white cats who go outside are
very susceptible to skin cancer. Does she go out? I would see another
vet.

Candace

Rhonda
January 2nd 06, 04:56 AM
Candace wrote:

> Teddy wrote:
>
>>My 7 year old female cat, Dirty Face has red showing thru her white fur
>>on her nose. Last Aug. when I took her for her annual shots I mentioned
>>it to the vet. He said to put Neosporin on it. It didn't help. Then it
>>was just red between the eyes now it's down her nose. What on earth
>>could cause this? It doesn't seem to be painful to her, Thanks for any
>>help,
>>

> I don't know but I have often read that white cats who go outside are
> very susceptible to skin cancer. Does she go out? I would see another
> vet.
>
> Candace

That makes sense, Candace. The cat has white fur so would have pale pink
skin -- the kind that is more susceptible to cancer.

The cat I saw in Italy with skin cancer had it on his ears and nose.
Hope this cat has something else.

Rhonda