PDA

View Full Version : Low sided litter box?

blkcatgal
January 1st 06, 05:08 PM
My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box. The
ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
easy access. Anyone know about this one?

Thanks.

Sue

cybercat
January 1st 06, 06:02 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box. The
> ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
> recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
> somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
> easy access. Anyone know about this one?

We got one at PetSmart. We really wanted higher sides to keep
Her Highness from kicking litter all over. What we found has both:
three high sides and one very low side, which would make it easier
for your cat to enter. It also has a nice tray that fits under it, and we
use a mat under that.

blkcatgal
January 1st 06, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Is the box pretty large?
I have a 15 pounder that likes to move around in the litter box and so many
of them are too small for him.

"cybercat" > wrote in message

> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
>> My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box.
>> The
>> ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
>> recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
>> somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
>> easy access. Anyone know about this one?
>>

> We got one at PetSmart. We really wanted higher sides to keep
> Her Highness from kicking litter all over. What we found has both:
> three high sides and one very low side, which would make it easier
> for your cat to enter. It also has a nice tray that fits under it, and we
> use a mat under that.

MaryL
January 1st 06, 08:25 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box. The
> ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
> recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
> somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
> easy access. Anyone know about this one?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sue

I bought the very *large* VanNess box with a dome cover but discarded the
cover. What I wanted was the base -- larger than I could find in regular
litter boxes with 3 high sides and 1 side that is lower.

MaryL

cybercat
January 2nd 06, 01:04 AM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. Is the box pretty
large?
> I have a 15 pounder that likes to move around in the litter box and so
many
> of them are too small for him.

Yep! Nice and big. Go look at them, they might be just right.

Phil P.
January 2nd 06, 02:54 AM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box. The
> ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
> recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
> somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
> easy access. Anyone know about this one?

These are the ones I use: 22"W X 28"D X 9"H

http://www.maxshouse.com/Environmental_Enrichment/litter_box-dog-2.jpg

Petco and Petsmart carry them- about $22. http://tinyurl.com/bmm2a

The boxes come with a removable slide that fits in the grooves in the front.

Phil

Phil P.
January 2nd 06, 05:08 AM
"Phil P." > wrote in message
nk.net...

> "blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> > My cat is having some difficulty getting in and out of the litter box.
The
> > ones I currently have are large with higher sides. Does anyone have any
> > recommendations for a larger box but with lower sides? I think I read
> > somewhere here about a dog litter box that is really low on one side for
> > easy access. Anyone know about this one?
>

> These are the ones I use: 22"W X 28"D X 9"H
>
> http://www.maxshouse.com/Environmental_Enrichment/litter_box-dog-2.jpg
>
> Petco and Petsmart carry them- about $22. http://tinyurl.com/bmm2a
>
> The boxes come with a removable slide that fits in the grooves in the
front.

> Phil

PS: Here's another litterbox with a low entrance made by Rubbermaid:
23.4"L x 18.25"W x 11"H

http://www.maxshouse.com/Environmental_Enrichment/litterbox-rubbermaid-high.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/8vhsf at Petsmart

The dog litterbox I mentioned in my previous post comes in 3 sizes-

15"W X 20"D X 5"H, 20"W X 24"D X 5"H, 22"W X 28"D X 9"H