PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mephisto's urethroplasty

NMR
January 2nd 06, 07:51 PM
I am going to send you a baseball bat for a belated Christmas gift
Take it and knock anyone upside the head ( knock some sense in them
hopefully ) that say put your friend to sleep. It is hard for you right now
but it can and will get better. Personally on my end I had some people that
were friends and a family member that could not realize why I would spend
some much on " it is only a cat not like your child ". Well needless to
say they were escorted out of the house and told never to come back. When
they asked why I told them my cat makes better company , is more trustworthy
and loyal than you could ever be GOOD BYE nipped that problem in the butt.
Any person or family member that can figure out why we love them so much is
IMO not worth having around or dealing with.

I just took rumble to the vat a few days ago and he will not let me
forget it. He jumps up where he is not allowed and gives me the look like
go ahead knock me off. I know how those vet bills add up Rumble being
epileptic has cost for close to $10,000 in the last couple years make sure
what was wrong with him and keeping him alive.

"Poobah" > wrote in message
2...
> My favourite and much-beloved cat, Mephisto, has returned home last
> Wednesday after undergoing urethroplasty (practicing another hole in the
> urethra) and staying at the vet's during Christmas.
>
> He suffered three complete and life-threatening urinary blockages last
> year, including two within two weeks in December. He's been on the best
> vet-prescribed food for a while (Waltham SO) but even canned food
> couldn't avoid blockage. Faced with a lifetime of uncertainty, the
> surgery was recommended.
>
> Mephisto is now recovering slowly but surely, with twice daily doses of
> antibiotics and cleaning of the wound (and if you think giving a pill to
> a reluctant cat wearing a collar is tough, try holding the beast still
> while you dab his wound). He played the finicky patient and refused to
> eat for two days, until the vet recommended bribing him with some canned
> tuna or salmon until he's strong once again. I fear that Mephisto
> planned this all along and has me exactly where he wants me.
>
> Mephisto scares the bejeesus out of the other cats with the lampshade he
> has to wear for two weeks. They spit and bat at him, puzzled by the
> invisible force field around his head that deflects their best shots.
> The other alpha male, however, has welcomed him with open paws and likes
> to sleep with him and groom him.
>
> Mephisto has run up a total of $5,000 in vet bills for his blockages and
> subsequent surgery in 2005. Naturally he will not offer to reimburse
> even part of that amount, as he's convinced that he's worth every penny.
> He's right, of course, although I've stopped telling friends and family
> the exact amount, as they'll inevitably try to convince me to just put
> the "damn cat" to sleep rather than "waste" my money.
>
> Friends and relatives have to stop assuming that pet lovers blindly
> throw money around instead of having weighed all options and
> consequences, often during many seepless nights.
>
> Here's a picture of Mephisto:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/89yzv
>

> jaybee

NMR
January 2nd 06, 08:28 PM
The food prep area is a big no no. They learned how to play distract daddy
and come in from behind to steal food. I learned the hard way about that
when I watched 3 of the cats carrying a 8 lb ham together. I also have a
workshop area that I don't allow them in there. I know if they get up
there when I am not around I had to install real locks on all cabinets, frig
and freezer they learned how to open child proof locks and containers. The
little devils

I hope everything goes for the better for the little one . PURRS to you all

2...