PDA

View Full Version : cat aggressive, may be in heat?

Acorn
January 3rd 06, 09:10 AM
Can anyone tell me if females in heat become more aggressive? I'm
taking care of a 1yr old female whose spay status is unknown... She
came to me 2 months ago starving thin and has been gaining weight.
This week she has been *very* vocal, energetic, and playful, but during
the past day she's mildly bitten and scratched me during play, and
bitten a chunk of fur off my spayed female.
Could heat be responsible for how she's acting? Is this typical?

Thanks guys,
Acorn

Willow
January 3rd 06, 02:24 PM
I think that now that she's fed and warm and fuzzy her true personality
might be coming through..

Mildly biting and scratching? she's playing.. if she wanted to hurt she'd
really hurt..

Gaya was a glue pot when in heat.. being aggressive was the furthest thing
on her mind..

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.

"Acorn" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Can anyone tell me if females in heat become more aggressive? I'm
> taking care of a 1yr old female whose spay status is unknown... She
> came to me 2 months ago starving thin and has been gaining weight.
> This week she has been *very* vocal, energetic, and playful, but during
> the past day she's mildly bitten and scratched me during play, and
> bitten a chunk of fur off my spayed female.
> Could heat be responsible for how she's acting? Is this typical?
>
> Thanks guys,
> Acorn

January 3rd 06, 03:01 PM
Willow wrote:
> I think that now that she's fed and warm and fuzzy her true personality
> might be coming through..

And they seem to go overboard with the efection after being abandoned
and abused once their trust returns. Sometimes they "go mental" with
effection!

> Gaya was a glue pot when in heat..

Uhhh, glue pot?
;\

Karl.

If she keeps sticking her butt way up in the air to everything around
that is a good sign of heat. Hope you are planning on getting her
fixed, now don't attack me, just highly recommened!

Rhonda
January 3rd 06, 04:21 PM
We've only had one cat in heat, and she was miserable. She was
constantly yowling, lifting her rear in the air, and kneading the floor.
She was more distant from us and would not play, etc.

Your cat could just be feeling better and getting a little too
energetic. If you see real aggression, you might have a vet check her
out and see if something physical is bothering her. Will you be taking
her in anyway, to check the spay status?

Rhonda

Acorn wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if females in heat become more aggressive? I'm
> taking care of a 1yr old female whose spay status is unknown... She
> came to me 2 months ago starving thin and has been gaining weight.
> This week she has been *very* vocal, energetic, and playful, but during
> the past day she's mildly bitten and scratched me during play, and
> bitten a chunk of fur off my spayed female.
> Could heat be responsible for how she's acting? Is this typical?
>
> Thanks guys,
> Acorn

Acorn
January 3rd 06, 09:44 PM
Rhonda, we're vet-bound later today. I already know she doesn't have
spay surgery scars, but that's not conclusive...
Thanks guys.

Rhonda
January 4th 06, 02:38 PM
Let us know how she's doing.