PDA

View Full Version : seperation anxiety

2 fingers
January 3rd 06, 10:10 PM
i think my cat is going through seperation recovery

she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
(the husband became allergic)

i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home

and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

cybercat
January 4th 06, 03:59 AM
"2 fingers" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> i think my cat is going through separation recovery
>
> she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
> (the husband became allergic)
>
> i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home
>
> and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

I bet she is. It is hard to believe anyone could give up a cat
after seven years. It is really good that you have her now.
(I am allergic to cats, too, but there is such a thing as
allergy medication, after all! )

You are kind and patient, so she will come around. It has
to be very sad to be without the only humans she has known
but you can make it up to her.

Judy
January 4th 06, 05:44 AM
"2 fingers" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>i think my cat is going through seperation recovery
>
> she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
> (the husband became allergic)
>
> i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home
>
> and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy

Cats are creatures of habit (just like us humans) so I have a feeling that
she's more upset that her routine has been altered than that she's missing
her mom.

Why not give her previous mom a call and inquire about her routine?

Cat's tend to be creatures of habit so I have to imagine that if you contact
her previous 7 yr mommy, that she will be able to provide you with some
insight that will be of some benefit.

2 fingers
January 4th 06, 06:04 AM
cybercat wrote:

> You are kind and patient, so she will come around. It has
> to be very sad to be without the only humans she has known
> but you can make it up to her.

Thanks Cybercat

I have tried in my own way to make her feel at home

I realize, she just hast to go through some changes, and soo, I wait

2 fingers
January 4th 06, 11:21 AM
Judy wrote:

> Cat's tend to be creatures of habit so I have to imagine that if you contact
> her previous 7 yr mommy, that she will be able to provide you with some
> insight that will be of some benefit.

this may be...

mmm, yeah, I did call her, but somehow got the feeling she is my baby
now?

her mom told me that Lucille sheds when she is nervous, and so I am
glad she is not nervous around here, and she will come and see me at
random, climb on my lap for a few minutes etc...she is somewhat
friendly like this

I just couldn't see it taking this long, but she does make progress a
widdle bit each day

about her routine, I can believe this, you're probably right

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 03:45 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "2 fingers" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>i think my cat is going through separation recovery
>>
>>she was with woman and man for first 7 years, then given to me
>>(the husband became allergic)
>>
>>i think my cat is ****ed of for being taken from her home
>>
>>and i think she is missing her 7 yr mommy
>>

> I bet she is. It is hard to believe anyone could give up a cat
> after seven years. It is really good that you have her now.
> (I am allergic to cats, too, but there is such a thing as
> allergy medication, after all! )

My allergy medicine is not enough lately. :(
I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.

cybercat
January 7th 06, 03:55 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote

> My allergy medicine is not enough lately. :(

Oh no. That sucks.

> I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.

Let me know what happens. *shaking my head*
Man, we have to be able to live with the Angel Creatures.

Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the window
today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
around.

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 04:23 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote
>

>>My allergy medicine is not enough lately. :(
>

> Oh no. That sucks.

It really does.

>>I'm seeing the allergist tomorrow.
>

> Let me know what happens. *shaking my head*
> Man, we have to be able to live with the Angel Creatures.

Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.

> Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the window
> today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
> around.

Oh, I'm around. I guess I just haven't had much to say?

Did I post this pic of Luna bitchslapping Dudley? If not...get ready to
die laughing. If so...you'll die laughing again. ;)

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html

Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
like...uh...a fraidy cat! ;)

BeBo
January 7th 06, 05:59 AM
Kitkat wrote:

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html

> Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
> like...uh...a fraidy cat! ;)

ouch!

good camera action

cybercat
January 7th 06, 06:06 AM
"Kitkat" > wrote in message
m...

> Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
> in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.

Well now, that is not going to happen. There are good medicines out there,
and
you can always vacuum the cats. :) Really, I have thought of getting those
wipes
for mine, to get some of the deadly cat spit off of them before they are all
up
in my face. And I *guess* I could stop kissing them. Anyway, there is a lot
you can do. You never have to give them up. My doctor suggested it--and
after
seeing the look on my face, he said, "well, then you can just not replace
them."
And after seeing the look on my face (certainly something to the effect of "
Jesus!
You soulless monkey! REPLACE them? REPLACE THEM?? I cannot believe I
ever let you so much as take my pulse let alone to a pap!) he has never
brought
it up again.

> > Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the
window
> > today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
> > around.
>
> Oh, I'm around. I guess I just haven't had much to say?

Well, my dear, I just cannot imagine that. On your most boring days you are
more interesting than most. Your photo site is so cool, I find new things
every
time I look at it. You have been everywhere!

Speaking of replacement cats, if Gracie or Boo ever move on to, say, public
office, the Kitty Mafia, or a movie contract, I still want a cat that looks
just like Jasper. And
maybe a big red boy. My husband says "NO boys!" like I will honestly buy
this, like I don't know that once I put a furry creatue with a pulse down in
front of
him he will not grow to love it. :')

> Did I post this pic of Luna bitchslapping Dudley? If not...get ready to
> die laughing. If so...you'll die laughing again. ;)

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html

> Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
> like...uh...a fraidy cat! ;)

This is a great series of pictures. I imagine you have them posted in the
order
in which the poses occurred? hahaha! Luna has a great tabby face.

Levon
January 7th 06, 06:14 AM
Kitkat wrote:

> Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
> in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.

when you break it down

isn't it just the dander from the pets that bothers you

seems like there should be something you can do for them
to minimize their dander if Im saying that right
i realize it is probably much easier said than done

but every little bit helps and maybe there is conditioner for pets or
something...i mean, it's just animal skin right? cells and more cells

sorry to be so flaky..i have no idea what im talking about

Best to you's

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 06:38 AM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
>>in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.
>

> Well now, that is not going to happen. There are good medicines out there,
> and
> you can always vacuum the cats. :) Really, I have thought of getting those
> wipes
> for mine, to get some of the deadly cat spit off of them before they are all
> up
> in my face. And I *guess* I could stop kissing them. Anyway, there is a lot
> you can do. You never have to give them up. My doctor suggested it--and
> after
> seeing the look on my face, he said, "well, then you can just not replace
> them."
> And after seeing the look on my face (certainly something to the effect of "
> Jesus!
> You soulless monkey! REPLACE them? REPLACE THEM?? I cannot believe I
> ever let you so much as take my pulse let alone to a pap!) he has never
> brought
> it up again.

Hilarious. Replace them. How can anyone replace a Dudley or a Luna?!

I did try those wipes, but what happens is this. You wipe the cat down
and it cleans them of the deadly spit. Then what do they do? They lick
themselves for 4 hours after the wipe down. Right back to square one.
Waste of time and money. Though, my allergist did suggest using a WET
PAPER TOWEL, instead of the wipes, which might be better because they
might not want to lick themselves nearly as much afterwards...and if
they do...all it cost ya was a paper towel! ;) Maybe I'll have to get DH
on the paper towel bandwagon.

>>>Where have you been? I was looking at the photo of Jasperduds in the
>
> window
>
>>>today--I have it saved to my Pretty Cats folder. Sure miss seeing you
>>>around.
>>
>>Oh, I'm around. I guess I just haven't had much to say?
>

> Well, my dear, I just cannot imagine that. On your most boring days you are
> more interesting than most. Your photo site is so cool, I find new things
> every
> time I look at it. You have been everywhere!

I have had the luck of travel for sure. I wouldn't mind escaping to
somewhere cool right about now. I go back to work on Monday. Winter
break is over. :(

> Speaking of replacement cats, if Gracie or Boo ever move on to, say, public
> office, the Kitty Mafia, or a movie contract, I still want a cat that looks
> just like Jasper. And
> maybe a big red boy. My husband says "NO boys!" like I will honestly buy
> this, like I don't know that once I put a furry creatue with a pulse down in
> front of
> him he will not grow to love it. :')

Boy cats are great. Their personalities are usually so loving. Dudley is
one huge lap fungus. When he plops down on one of us, the other one of
us always comments "nice appendage you grew". He's a rump roast. ;)
(Dudley, not DH)

>>Did I post this pic of Luna bitchslapping Dudley? If not...get ready to
>>die laughing. If so...you'll die laughing again. ;)
>>

> http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html
>
>>Luna thinks she is very tough. Right after this pic...she ran away
>>like...uh...a fraidy cat! ;)
>>

> This is a great series of pictures. I imagine you have them posted in the
> order
> in which the poses occurred? hahaha! Luna has a great tabby face.

The pictures are actually posted in order over a couple of days! The 3
or 4 last ones were all within a minute or two of eachother though. Man
I got lucky with the bitchslap shot. I cant BELIEVE I got it on film.
AWESOME! Luna is my pretty baby. She is such a brat. And I adore her.

I'm such a slave,
Pam,
who went out for dessert to let her nose clear up from the horrid
sneezing attack that started at about 9am and never really ended...
(DH did clean the bedroom and change the sheets though...good job, Tim!)
(I am such a sucker and let Dudley sleep with us and he sheds like a mofo!)

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 06:40 AM
Levon wrote:
> Kitkat wrote:
>

>>Seriously. If I had to give them up because of allergies, I would end up
>>in a deep depression. I need my kitties and my kitties need me.
>

> when you break it down
>
> isn't it just the dander from the pets that bothers you
>
> seems like there should be something you can do for them
> to minimize their dander if Im saying that right
> i realize it is probably much easier said than done
>
> but every little bit helps and maybe there is conditioner for pets or
> something...i mean, it's just animal skin right? cells and more cells
>
> sorry to be so flaky..i have no idea what im talking about
>
> Best to you's

Ha. Flaky. like skin! ;)

If I understand it correctly, it is a protein that is found in their
saliva and their urine that people are allergic to. Since they lick
themselves incessantly, that saliva ends up drying on their fur. Which
is covering my bed, of course. ;)

There are things that can be done. Today was just a really bad flare up
and the bedroom needed some cleaning. Our comforter is going to the
laundromat tomorrow!!!

I just cant bear to shut the door while I'm sleeping.
:)

Levon
January 7th 06, 02:54 PM
Diane wrote:

> She looks annoyed that he can sleep and she can't. Just as though they
> were married. ;)

yeah, i could picture being treated like this
I probably had it coming

cybercat
January 7th 06, 04:55 PM
"Diane" > wrote

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html

> He seems duly impressed! ;)

The really killer thing is, he is blind, so you would think he
would be scared to get whapped on his head "out of the
blue," but noooo. Not Jasper. :) Maybe his sense of
smell has gotten so good he can smell "p*ssed-off Luna
about to slap!"

cybercat
January 7th 06, 05:05 PM
"Kitkat" > wrote

> Hilarious. Replace them. How can anyone replace a Dudley or a Luna?!

Precisely. As I recall, seeing the look on my face, he said "well they do
have a finite life span, right?" At which point
my eyes probably bugged out just like they do in the cartoons. :) Silly man.

> I did try those wipes, but what happens is this. You wipe the cat down
and it cleans them of the deadly spit. Then what do they do? They lick
themselves for 4 hours after the wipe down. Right back to square one.

Now this makes sense. You just saved me six bucks! Come to Raleigh, I'll buy
you lunch. ;)

> Waste of time and money. Though, my allergist did suggest using a WET
PAPER TOWEL,

I wonder if we could just spit on it? lol

instead of the wipes, which might be better because they might not want to
lick themselves nearly as much afterwards...and if they do...all it cost ya
was a paper towel! ;) Maybe I'll have to get DH on the paper towel
bandwagon.

Oh, I had not thought of that. Delegate the task to the man slaves.
Excellent idea.

> I have had the luck of travel for sure. I wouldn't mind escaping to
somewhere cool right about now. I go back to work on Monday. Winter break
is over. :(

Oh, that sucks. Well no wonder you don't feel like talking much. Maybe you
can line up one of those super-cool school trips where you take the kids to
CHINA or Budapest or PARIS or something. You do teach at one of those
filthy-rich private school, right? :)

> Boy cats are great. Their personalities are usually so loving. Dudley is
> one huge lap fungus. When he plops down on one of us, the other one of us
always comments "nice appendage you grew". He's a rump roast. ;)
> (Dudley, not DH)

Ha! A rump roast! I like that. And if your dh is never a rump you are indeed
blessed. I thought that went along with the *&%$.

> The pictures are actually posted in order over a couple of days! The 3 or
4 last ones were all within a minute or two of eachother though.

I could tell that. The one where she is giving him "the ear," you can just
tell that slap is coming.

Man
> I got lucky with the bitchslap shot. I cant BELIEVE I got it on film.
AWESOME! Luna is my pretty baby. She is such a brat. And I adore her.

Tabbies are magical. Grey tabbies, maybe the most common cat in the world,
have been given magical powers so they can still shine. No, I am not making
it up, it's twoooo!

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 05:06 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Diane" > wrote
>

> http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/luna__dudley/dscf0028.html
>
>>He seems duly impressed! ;)
>>

> The really killer thing is, he is blind, so you would think he
> would be scared to get whapped on his head "out of the
> blue," but noooo. Not Jasper. :) Maybe his sense of
> smell has gotten so good he can smell "p*ssed-off Luna
> about to slap!"

Oh man, it was so funny. He was just sleeping and minding his own
business. All of a sudden he lifts his head, which scares the crap out
of Luna, and WHAP! She ran away and he just sat there like, "Wha?" and
then put his head back down and went back to sleep.

There are times when he will try to stalk her and he is actually pretty
good considering he can only go on smell. But this was not one of those
times. He was truly unimpressed! ;)

cybercat
January 7th 06, 05:15 PM
"Diane" > wrote >
> She looks annoyed that he can sleep and she can't. Just as though they
> were married. ;)

Ha!! That's true, that is exactly the look!!

Kitkat
January 7th 06, 11:34 PM
cybercat wrote:
> "Kitkat" > wrote
>

>>Hilarious. Replace them. How can anyone replace a Dudley or a Luna?!
>

> Precisely. As I recall, seeing the look on my face, he said "well they do
> have a finite life span, right?" At which point
> my eyes probably bugged out just like they do in the cartoons. :) Silly man.
>
>>I did try those wipes, but what happens is this. You wipe the cat down
>
> and it cleans them of the deadly spit. Then what do they do? They lick
> themselves for 4 hours after the wipe down. Right back to square one.
>
> Now this makes sense. You just saved me six bucks! Come to Raleigh, I'll buy
> you lunch. ;)

I really will make it to Raleigh one day. I have too many friends down
there I need to visit!!!

>>Waste of time and money. Though, my allergist did suggest using a WET
>
> PAPER TOWEL,
>
> I wonder if we could just spit on it? lol

HAHAHA!

> instead of the wipes, which might be better because they might not want to
> lick themselves nearly as much afterwards...and if they do...all it cost ya
> was a paper towel! ;) Maybe I'll have to get DH on the paper towel
> bandwagon.
>
> Oh, I had not thought of that. Delegate the task to the man slaves.
> Excellent idea.

Well, having allergies is a great excuse to delegate such tasks. He has
to vacuum, clean the catboxes and wipe the cats down. ;)

>>I have had the luck of travel for sure. I wouldn't mind escaping to
>
> somewhere cool right about now. I go back to work on Monday. Winter break
> is over. :(
>
> Oh, that sucks. Well no wonder you don't feel like talking much. Maybe you
> can line up one of those super-cool school trips where you take the kids to
> CHINA or Budapest or PARIS or something. You do teach at one of those
> filthy-rich private school, right? :)

Haha. NO, I teach at one of those rich public schools. :-) I teach
Spanish...and incidentally I did take a trip with kids over spring break
to MExico a few years back. It was fun...ONCE. I'll never do it again
though. ;)

>>Boy cats are great. Their personalities are usually so loving. Dudley is
>>one huge lap fungus. When he plops down on one of us, the other one of us
>
> always comments "nice appendage you grew". He's a rump roast. ;)
>
>>(Dudley, not DH)
>

> Ha! A rump roast! I like that. And if your dh is never a rump you are indeed
> blessed. I thought that went along with the *&%$.

I never said that DH was *never* a rump roast. ;)

>>The pictures are actually posted in order over a couple of days! The 3 or
>
> 4 last ones were all within a minute or two of eachother though.
>
> I could tell that. The one where she is giving him "the ear," you can just
> tell that slap is coming.

I love how her ears flatten out like that.
This morning, she was back up on the bed right by him. I thought we were
going to have another incident. She seems very interested in him lately,
but still has no use for him at all.

> Man
>
>>I got lucky with the bitchslap shot. I cant BELIEVE I got it on film.
>
> AWESOME! Luna is my pretty baby. She is such a brat. And I adore her.
>

> Tabbies are magical. Grey tabbies, maybe the most common cat in the world,
> have been given magical powers so they can still shine. No, I am not making
> it up, it's twoooo!

I love Luna's coloring. She is a tabby/tortie mix. She has such pretty
browns and stuff, but also the tabby markings.

So, I saw the allergist and I am going to go the route of allergy shots,
which is what I wanted to do last year when the allergist discovered my
thyroid nodule. A year later, we have come full circle.

-p

Levon
January 8th 06, 01:23 PM
cybercat wrote:

> Now this makes sense. You just saved me six bucks! Come to Raleigh, I'll buy
> you lunch. ;)

free lunch? where is free lunch.
false alarm, dang