PDA

View Full Version : Cystitis again?

jmc
January 4th 06, 12:06 AM
I posted a bit back saying I thought Meep might be brewing another
cystitis attack. Well, that came to naught.

She seems to be doing it again. Small pee tonight, followed by the same
sort of "run away from the litterbox" that she normally does after a poo.

She's still drinking properly, but I'm having problems again with her
wet food, which means she hasn't been getting her glucosamine dosage.
Could this perhaps cause these symptoms if she hasn't gotten her full
dosage for about 5 days?

Tonight, I dosed her with two glucosamine pills, followed by water to
help them go down. If she's in some discomfort, will this help?
Pilling her can be quite difficult, but if that's what I have to do to
ensure she gets her meds, so be it.

I'll be calling the vet tomorrow for advice. Getting a urine sample
isn't easy, 'cause with just the pearls in the box she just pees over
the side. So far, the vet trying to get a sample has been a no-go too,
I'm afraid we're going to have to go to the needle method, which scares
me a bit. Meep is traumatized enough whenever I take her to the vet.

I bought a feliway spray, and used it for a few days as a test, but it
didnt' really seem to have any effect. Perhaps I wasn't using it right.
I'm reluctant to spend money on a diffuser, as we're only in England
for a couple more months, then I'd just have to buy more diffusers at
our new place (which, incidentally, I plan to do!)

I'm at a loss as to what to do that's best for Meep, and I'm worried
about her future, if she's still getting crystals with plenty of water,
all the wet food she'll eat (which admittedly isn't much) and a daily
glucosamine supplement.

I also have to remember I tend to be a hypochondriac, for both myself
and my cat. So it could be nothing at all.

Any help/advice appreciated.

jmc