PDA

View Full Version : Laxatone, too much of a good thing?

January 5th 06, 01:40 AM
Hi Group,

You may remember my "Little Darkie", he had a cough which turned out to
be from mold alergy. As part of the diagnosis path we tried laxatone
for possible hair ball coughing, at first he did not like it but he
quickly developed a "taste" for it. Now whenever I go into the kitchen
cabinet he stands on his back feet and puts his hands into the cabinet
to try and grab it, so I give him some, almost every day!

Q: Is laxatone about 3/4 tsp once a day about 5 days a week on average
unhealthy? He does not seem to have dirreaha and is big and seems quite
healthy. I don't want to do anything that is bad for him.

Thanks group, Karl.
=^o^=

2 fingers
January 5th 06, 02:34 AM
wrote:
> Hi Group,

> Q: Is laxatone about 3/4 tsp once a day about 5 days a week on average
> unhealthy? He does not seem to have dirreaha and is big and seems quite
> healthy. I don't want to do anything that is bad for him.
>
> Thanks group, Karl.
> =^o^=

Hey Karl

Im sure I don't know jack about it, but if this is laxative?

you are weakening the bowels yes?

but, I don't know the stuff you're talking about, just my thoughts
about laxativessssss

January 5th 06, 06:59 PM
Is this a very pirvate goup? Am I out of the clique?

Why are some questions ignored and other questions "done to death"?

Karl.

Hey 2 Fingers, Yes Laxatone is a laxative used maily for helping
hairball to pass.

PawsForThought
January 5th 06, 07:42 PM
Personally, I would not give it to my cat everyday. If I recall,
Laxatone is made from petrolatum, a by-product of the petrochemical
industry. Seems to me you could find something healthier for your
kitty. I know how hard it is when they're looking at you the way they
do for something they want. Even something like a lick of butter off
your finger might satisfy him instead.

2 fingers
January 5th 06, 10:13 PM
wrote:
> Is this a very pirvate goup? Am I out of the clique?
>
> Why are some questions ignored and other questions "done to death"?

yes it is, you can get answers quick when you donate 9.95 to the BLFM
fund.
(that is Better Lunch for Me)

I take all kinds of credit cards, and promisary notes.

Hairball control, hey, at least she likes it.

but! Im sure everyone here knows what it is (cept me i didn't)
and they we're evidently not concerned about the amount you say you
give.

IOW if you said, I've been giving my cat, tylenol 2 times a day is this
too much
you would have gotten bombarded..

it's all in the question

blkcatgal
January 6th 06, 04:39 AM
I give it to my cat most everyday because he has had some problems. My vet
said it would be okay. If you are concerned about it, why not cut back in
the amount you give your cat, from 3/4 tsp to half tsp and then maybe just a
dab? He's happy because he's still getting the laxatone and you don't have
to worry as much.

S.
ups.com...