PDA

View Full Version : Re: Dry-cleaning a cat recovering from surgery?

Charlie Wilkes
January 5th 06, 08:39 AM
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:42:24 -0600, Poobah > wrote:

>Mephisto is recovering from urethroplasty and is wearing a collar for
>another week. I've been brushing him regularly, but I need to give him a
>dry bath to get rid of the smell of urine. I'd like to avoid using
>commercial foam products because of their heavy perfumes, and I don't want
>to get the cat wet because of his still-healing surgery wound.
>
>Are there household products that I can use to make a sort of kitty dry-
>cleaning product?
>

>poobah

I have used those flushable wipes sold alongside diapers. I figure a
product that is mild enough for a baby's ass probably won't cause
problems for a cat.

Charlie

Lesley
January 6th 06, 05:23 PM
> I have used those flushable wipes sold alongside diapers. I figure a
> product that is mild enough for a baby's ass probably won't cause
> problems for a cat.

Some of those wipes are toxic for cats, there was a thread in here last
February (If you search for "Toxic baby wipes" you'll find it). The
problem is that very few babies lick their backsides whereas cats do

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs