PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found

Hannah
January 8th 06, 05:41 AM
About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning I
noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also started
to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never being
affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on the
internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he had
his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to the
vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside? or
is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
Thanks for reading
Hannah

Levon
January 8th 06, 07:01 AM
Hannah wrote:
> About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
> time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
....of being lost outside? or
> is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
> Thanks for reading
> Hannah

i think the horseness came from cold air
the affection came from hunger

nothing like a little pain to give one a revelation

Best to you's!

Levon
January 8th 06, 07:04 AM
Well im glad she got found!

I know you're relieved

she be alright, she was parched and dry
she was affectionate because she was glad to see ya's

Best to ya's

"Hannah" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
> time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
> other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
> brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning
> noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also
started
> to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never
being
> affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on
the
> internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he
had
> his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to
the
> vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
> fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
> self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
> worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside?
or
> is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
> Thanks for reading
> Hannah

RobZip
January 8th 06, 01:17 PM
"Hannah" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
> time. The next morning I
> noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also
started
> to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never
being
> affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention.

These are also signs that he scored a little trim while he was out.

---MIKE---
January 8th 06, 02:07 PM
Has he been neutered?

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Hannah via CatKB.com
January 8th 06, 02:27 PM
Hannah wrote:
>About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
>time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
>other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
>brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning I
>noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also started
>to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never being
>affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on the
>internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he had
>his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to the
>vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
>fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
>self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
>worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside? or
>is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
>Thanks for reading
>Hannah

Yes He's Been neutured. I'm now really worried about his health. He's begun
sneezing and his eyes look almost runny. And though he'll eat like nobodies
buisness, he doesn't seem to want to drink. Any ideas About what I should do.
I've allready taken him to the vet, Should I go again? Any Help?

Paul O.
January 8th 06, 03:47 PM
What kind of food do you feed him, wet or dry? If it's canned or pouch, he
is probably getting enough water thru the food, and doesn't need to drink
much water. When you clean the litter box does the urine amount seem normal?

--
Paul O.
My sig line is my disclaimer to any advice given

Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats
Learning more every day, but still clueless

"Hannah via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>>>Hannah
>
> Yes He's Been neutured. I'm now really worried about his health. He's
> begun
> sneezing and his eyes look almost runny. And though he'll eat like
> nobodies
> buisness, he doesn't seem to want to drink. Any ideas About what I should
> do.
> I've allready taken him to the vet, Should I go again? Any Help?

Levon
January 8th 06, 04:19 PM
it's too soon to say, he's eating like a horse...that is excellent sign
give his body time to catsup with all that good food

"Hannah via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hannah wrote:
> >About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
> >time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just
the
> >other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
> >brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning
> >noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also
started
> >to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never
being
> >affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on
the
> >internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he
had
> >his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to
the
> >vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
> >fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
> >self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
> >worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside?
or
> >is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
> >Thanks for reading
> >Hannah
>
> Yes He's Been neutured. I'm now really worried about his health. He's
begun
> sneezing and his eyes look almost runny. And though he'll eat like
nobodies
> buisness, he doesn't seem to want to drink. Any ideas About what I should
do.
> I've allready taken him to the vet, Should I go again? Any Help?

Levon
January 8th 06, 04:21 PM
oh i gotta hear this one...

"---MIKE---" > wrote in message
Has he been neutered?

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

blkcatgal
January 8th 06, 04:38 PM
I'd take him to the vet again. Sounds like he may have an upper respiratory
infection which would not be unusual considering he was outside for a length
of time. Have him checked by your vet again.

S.
"Hannah via CatKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hannah wrote:
>>About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
>>time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
>>other day, a neighbor told us he was under their car and there he was. We
>>brought him inside and everything seemed back to normal. The next morning
>>noticed that his voice was much deeper and allmost strained. He also
>>started
>>to drool when I was petting him which he had never done before. Never
>>being
>>affectionate before, he couldn't get enough attention. I looked it up on
>>the
>>internet and these I guess are all possible signs of rabies. Though he
>>had
>>his first rabies shot about two months ago, I was worried and took him to
>>the
>>vet. He said the chance that he had rabies was slight and he seemed to be
>>fine. The thing is ever since he's come home he doesn't seem like his old
>>self. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or if I really should be
>>worried. Could this all be caused by the trauma of being lost outside?
>>or
>>is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
>>Thanks for reading
>>Hannah
>
> Yes He's Been neutured. I'm now really worried about his health. He's
> begun
> sneezing and his eyes look almost runny. And though he'll eat like
> nobodies
> buisness, he doesn't seem to want to drink. Any ideas About what I should
> do.
> I've allready taken him to the vet, Should I go again? Any Help?

Alison
January 8th 06, 05:44 PM
"blkcatgal" > wrote in message
> I'd take him to the vet again. Sounds like he may have an upper
respiratory
> infection which would not be unusual considering he was outside for
a length
> of time. Have him checked by your vet again.
>
> S.

I would say the same. Go back to the vet. Also, could he have
something stuck in
his throat?
Alison

JJ
January 9th 06, 01:34 AM
Take to vet. Don't wait.

Also contact local animal control organization to see if Rabies is
frequently occuring in community - they will be able to tell you. Or
call local wildlife officials.

If not, then you might want to get an xray of throat to make sure
nothing is in throat - or to insure there is not a dental problem.

Once when I worked for a vet, a cat had a blade of grass lodged in his
throat and it caused the cat a lot of pain and could not eat well
etc.....the grass had a sharp edge and became snagged in the oral/nasal
area...

Please take your cat to vet.

Levon
January 9th 06, 06:35 AM
Hannah wrote:
> About two weeks ago, my 8 month old kitty got loose outside for the first
> time. We searched and searched and he was no where to be found. Just the
....of being lost outside? or
> is there something deeper I should be worried about? Any Advice?
> Thanks for reading
> Hannah

i think the horseness came from cold air, and parched