PDA

View Full Version : i think my cat may be sick

January 9th 06, 02:47 AM
we picked her up from the pet "hotel" at the university animal hospital
and she has been sneezing a little for about a week now. she stayed
there for 12 days when we went on vacation. she has also become more
cuddly, which is very much unlike her. she usually doesn't like to sit
and be petted for a long time. i don't think she is running around as
much as she used to; she would gallop around the apartment like crazy.
she is 1.5 years old. i am concerned that she might be sick. she is
eating fine.

Wendy
January 9th 06, 01:31 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> we picked her up from the pet "hotel" at the university animal hospital
> and she has been sneezing a little for about a week now. she stayed
> there for 12 days when we went on vacation. she has also become more
> cuddly, which is very much unlike her. she usually doesn't like to sit
> and be petted for a long time. i don't think she is running around as
> much as she used to; she would gallop around the apartment like crazy.
> she is 1.5 years old. i am concerned that she might be sick. she is
> eating fine.

Then take her to the vet. She may have picked up an respiratory infection
from being around other cats at the pet 'hotel'

Laila
January 14th 06, 09:16 AM
Wendy wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > we picked her up from the pet "hotel" at the university animal hospital
> > and she has been sneezing a little for about a week now. she stayed
> > there for 12 days when we went on vacation. she has also become more
> > cuddly, which is very much unlike her. she usually doesn't like to sit
> > and be petted for a long time. i don't think she is running around as
> > much as she used to; she would gallop around the apartment like crazy.
> > she is 1.5 years old. i am concerned that she might be sick. she is
> > eating fine.
> >

> Then take her to the vet. She may have picked up an respiratory infection
> from being around other cats at the pet 'hotel'

she stoppes sneezing, actually, several days ago, but it does seem like
she's become "nicer" or more cuddly. i don't know, maybe she
appreciated that we came back for her.

noelsmom via CatKB.com
January 14th 06, 04:50 PM
wrote:
>we picked her up from the pet "hotel" at the university animal hospital
>and she has been sneezing a little for about a week now. she stayed
>there for 12 days when we went on vacation. she has also become more
>cuddly, which is very much unlike her. she usually doesn't like to sit
>and be petted for a long time. i don't think she is running around as
>much as she used to; she would gallop around the apartment like crazy.
>she is 1.5 years old. i am concerned that she might be sick. she is
>eating fine.

The fact that she is sneezing may indicate that she picked by a virus in the
kennel so to be on the safe side I'd have her checked out by a vet. Best of
luck!