PDA

View Full Version : OT BUT INTRESTING ?? = Flaming mouse burns house down

whayface
January 11th 06, 01:55 PM
In our local Saginaw News newspaper there was an AP or UPI article about a
person in New Mexico, US that found a mouse (Alive) and threw him in a pile
of burning leaves. Evidently the BURNING mouse ran in the house and the
house caught on fire and burned. PAYBACK BY MOUSE ??

I know it sounds farfetched but evidently it happened. Anyone from New
Mexico see or read about this ?

..
.. E-mail address altered to foil spam.
.. Remove extra to reply via e-mail.
..

Magic Mood JeepŠ
January 11th 06, 02:03 PM
whayface wrote:
> In our local Saginaw News newspaper there was an AP or UPI article
> about a person in New Mexico, US that found a mouse (Alive) and threw
> him in a pile of burning leaves. Evidently the BURNING mouse ran in
> the house and the house caught on fire and burned. PAYBACK BY MOUSE
> ??
>
> I know it sounds farfetched but evidently it happened. Anyone from
> New Mexico see or read about this ?
>

> --
> ************************************************** *******
> .
> . E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> . Remove extra to reply via e-mail.
> .
> ************************************************** *******

Snopes has it as "undetermined". The guy has changed his story a couple of
times now - first it was live and ran into the house & started the fire,
then it was dead & sparks from the leaf fire started the house fire.....
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

whayface
January 11th 06, 02:16 PM
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:03:34 -0500, "Magic Mood JeepŠ" > wrote:

>whayface wrote:
>> In our local Saginaw News newspaper there was an AP or UPI article
>> about a person in New Mexico, US that found a mouse (Alive) and threw
>> him in a pile of burning leaves. Evidently the BURNING mouse ran in
>> the house and the house caught on fire and burned. PAYBACK BY MOUSE
>> ??
>>
>> I know it sounds farfetched but evidently it happened. Anyone from
>> New Mexico see or read about this ?
>>

>> --
>> ************************************************** *******
>> .
>> . E-mail address altered to foil spam.
>> . Remove extra to reply via e-mail.
>> .
>> ************************************************** *******
>
>Snopes has it as "undetermined". The guy has changed his story a couple of
>times now - first it was live and ran into the house & started the fire,
>then it was dead & sparks from the leaf fire started the house fire.....
>http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mousefire.asp

Here is the story as posted to the Associated Press site.

Interesting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Christina Websell
January 11th 06, 09:03 PM
"whayface" > wrote in message
. net...

> In our local Saginaw News newspaper there was an AP or UPI article about a
> person in New Mexico, US that found a mouse (Alive) and threw him in a
> pile
> of burning leaves. Evidently the BURNING mouse ran in the house and the
> house caught on fire and burned. PAYBACK BY MOUSE ??
>
> I know it sounds farfetched but evidently it happened. Anyone from New
> Mexico see or read about this ?

This was posted here the other day. I cannot imagine the mindset of a
person who would toss a live animal into a fire, and as far as I'm concerned
they got all they deserved. Even not enough, actually.
I would like the person who threw the mouse into the fire to feel flames
licking around their own body and burning them.
It makes me sick that a human being could do such a thing.

Tweed

Yoj
January 12th 06, 12:15 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message

> "whayface" > wrote in message
> . net...
> >
> > In our local Saginaw News newspaper there was an AP or UPI article about
> > person in New Mexico, US that found a mouse (Alive) and threw him in a
> > pile
> > of burning leaves. Evidently the BURNING mouse ran in the house and the
> > house caught on fire and burned. PAYBACK BY MOUSE ??
> >
> > I know it sounds farfetched but evidently it happened. Anyone from New
> > Mexico see or read about this ?
>
> This was posted here the other day. I cannot imagine the mindset of a
> person who would toss a live animal into a fire, and as far as I'm
concerned
> they got all they deserved. Even not enough, actually.
> I would like the person who threw the mouse into the fire to feel flames
> licking around their own body and burning them.
> It makes me sick that a human being could do such a thing.
>
> Tweed

This story was posted, and discussed, on another of my newsgroups for a
couple of days before somebody posted a url that showed it wasn't true.

Joy

Mira
January 12th 06, 12:22 PM
my first thought was that it was a computer mouse that had done it.
which made sense to my feeble brain. one of my puter's went up in
smoke literally, sparks and smoke shooting from back of the tower.

that plus the only mice I get to see are ones brought to me as
presents.

yes, most of my cats are indoor onlies. one i got as an adult and he
was a definate in/out cat. I tried to break him of that habit but I'm
having no luck. It does not help any that a neighbor feeds him at 11am
and 4pm daily. :)

I've see the cheating boy go inside their house even! he brings me a
mouse about once a year.