PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas to get a hairball up and out?

Paige, Chloe & Webber
January 12th 06, 01:38 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions on helping my Chloe vomit her hairball
out? I know it sounds gross but you all have been there I'm sure.
Chloe has been spitting up the last few days and I'm sure it must be a
hairball but it just doesn't want to come out. I getting ready to give
her a little mineral oil (hoping it will slick it up).

Thanks
Paige

armshome@aol.com
January 12th 06, 12:59 PM
I used to use Pet Malt, but now the vet says that coats their stomach
and they don't get as much nutrition from their food. So I have
switched to little treats that are supposed to be good for making the
hairballs go through the system, so to speak. I give some on a daily
basis. There is even food like this - has more fiber in it. But the
food gave my kitty the runs.

Even butter will work for a short term solution or petroleum jelly.
Whatever you can get into kitty!

Paige, Chloe & Webber
January 12th 06, 11:48 PM
She went to the vet today. Blood work is all good. He thinks its a
hairball in her intestines. Gave us Lactulose but she threw that up
already. Will try again later. Thanks for the reply.

IBen Getiner
January 13th 06, 09:02 AM
Paige, Chloe & Webber wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on helping my Chloe vomit her hairball
> out? I know it sounds gross but you all have been there I'm sure.
> Chloe has been spitting up the last few days and I'm sure it must be a
> hairball but it just doesn't want to come out. I getting ready to give
> her a little mineral oil (hoping it will slick it up).
>
> Thanks
> Paige

Look.... Instead of bothering these good people with your panic attack,
why not just access this group thru Google by going to this address...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.pets.cats.health+behav

and do a keyword search? Limit your search to this group (one of
Google's features) by going to the special search box designated for
this reason, and type in key words. In your case, type in 'Hairball'
'out' 'rid-of' , etc., etc.. Every single discussion that has ever
been had here using those words (for at least the last fifteen years)
will pop up... This way, you won't be irritating these folks with
questions that, although being new to you, have been dealt with a
hundred times already by THEM.
Use the technology. That's what it's here for. That way, you won't
have to make yourself look like a fool all of the time. No one will
know BUT YOU.

IBen

LC
January 13th 06, 02:57 PM
KKKook "IBen Getiner" > aka "J Young"
> and a cast of thousands, wrote in message
oups.com...

> Look.... Instead of bothering these good people with your panic attack,
> why not just access this group thru Google

While you're at it, Google up > and see what a loon this
respondent is.

>That way, you won't have to make yourself look like a fool all of the time.
>No one will know BUT YOU.

Good advice, IBen/J Young/simon/TNMM/etc.

Take it.

LC~ Google ain't IBen's friend.

"Always check Google. Even if the perspective troll lables his or her
postings with the code required for Google not to record it, it is
almost inevitable that someone else in the group will have responded
to them, thereby copying the vanquished post into permenant posterity.
At any rate, a quick search using the person's web address should tell
you much about them. It's fun. I do it to almost everyone I debate
with. And it proves that there are cowardly liars out there.... some
right in here in this very room... who will do almost anything to
avoid a fight."
From: (The Nice Mean Man), aka "IBen".
Newsgroups: alt.music.neil-young
Subject: Re: AOL Troll (Please Read)