PDA

View Full Version : Sasha & CRF

meow
January 13th 06, 03:40 PM
Well I went to see her yesterday and she is depressed. Her BUN was
only down to 115 from 123. Dr. said she seem much more down and not
as alert as day before. I know she is homesick. She is not good with
environment change. She was a stray that found me 5 years ago. I
brought her into my bedroom to seclude her from the other cats until
she got checked out. After she got a clean bill of health, I
encouraged her to roam the house freely but in 5 years she rarely came
out of my bedroom on her own. Occasionly she would come into my other
room if i was on the computer but she was happy just staying in her
little space. She had her own bed, water, food and a liter box in my
bedroom. I think I may bring her bed to the vets to remind her of
home. I am just praying she doesn't lose her will to live being stuck
in a cage with noisy animals and strangers around her.

January 13th 06, 06:55 PM
Won't they let you you bring Sasha home and just take her into the vet
whenever she needs a treatment? That would be so much better for her
emotionally.

chas
January 13th 06, 07:22 PM
I know what you are going thru. She'll probably perk up when she feels
better and hopefully the treatment will help.

My cat was thought to be CRF and turned out not to be (another story) but
even after she had had a stays in hospital and fluid therapy she still took
a few days to get back to herself each time she came home.

Don't take her home too soon or you'll only have to go back too soon.

Gve her something with your scent on that she can snuggle up to and visit
her as often as you are allowed.

good luck

chas

Rhonda
January 13th 06, 07:57 PM
Hi there,

Is there any way you could bring her home but bring her back in for
blood tests (or other tests) once a day?

You know your cat. If you think this hospital stay is going to get the
best of her, then talk with the vet about how else to treat her.

We had a cat in the hospital once for a few days and she was miserable,
but was just vocal and mean to the vets. I visited her before work,
after work, as many hours during the day that I could. She was
progressing medically, and was more mad than depressed. We have some
former ferals now that I don't think would last long hospitalized. If
they ever get that sick, I may just have to become a vet tech.

Good luck to both of you,

Rhonda