PDA

View Full Version : What's with Wellness?

johndoeisadick
January 16th 06, 05:33 PM
Barb wrote:
> My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one they
> didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and Salmon.
> The last 2 times I gave them Turkey and Salmon they wouldn't eat it. I
> threw it out and will return the 5 cans I have left over. My pet shop is
> very good about that. The dry adult Wellness they still like and eat it
> after every meal of canned food. This means they are down to one flavor of
> Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of them
> threw it up.
> What's up? Anyone else experience this?

I hate to pass this up

but you should only put oil and gas in your cars

Cheers!

MaryL
January 16th 06, 05:44 PM
"Barb" > wrote in message
o.verio.net...
> My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one
> they
> didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and
> Salmon.
> The last 2 times I gave them Turkey and Salmon they wouldn't eat it. I
> threw it out and will return the 5 cans I have left over. My pet shop is
> very good about that. The dry adult Wellness they still like and eat it
> after every meal of canned food. This means they are down to one flavor
> of
> Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of
> them
> threw it up.
> What's up? Anyone else experience this?
>
> --
> Barb
> Of course I don't look busy,
> I did it right the first time.

I use Wellness. So far, no problems. If I were you, I would call their
support number (or send email) and explain your problem. Also, ask if there
has been a change in the formula.

MaryL

Barb
January 16th 06, 05:58 PM
My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one they
didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and Salmon.
The last 2 times I gave them Turkey and Salmon they wouldn't eat it. I
threw it out and will return the 5 cans I have left over. My pet shop is
very good about that. The dry adult Wellness they still like and eat it
after every meal of canned food. This means they are down to one flavor of
Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of them
threw it up.
What's up? Anyone else experience this?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

johndoeisadick
January 16th 06, 05:59 PM
Barb wrote:
> You don't think well of Wellness? Everyone says it's a very good food.
> What do you give your cats or don't you have any cats?

don't even try it!

NMR
January 16th 06, 06:07 PM
Barb my cats are such nit pickers that I have to change brands every couple
weeks or they will snub the food the only flaver they won't do this to is
9 lives tuna with cheese and egg bits

abRokeNegRo
January 16th 06, 06:36 PM
Barb wrote:
> My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one they
> didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and Salmon.

> This means they are down to one flavor of
> Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of them
> threw it up.
> What's up? Anyone else experience this?

Here ya go Barb, hopefully someone here can help you with this matter

Cheers!

ABN

Barb
January 16th 06, 06:45 PM
You don't think well of Wellness? Everyone says it's a very good food.
What do you give your cats or don't you have any cats?

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Dark1
January 16th 06, 06:47 PM
"abRokeNegRo" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Barb wrote:
>> My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one
>> they
>> didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and
>> Salmon.
>
>> This means they are down to one flavor of
>> Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of
>> them
>> threw it up.
>> What's up? Anyone else experience this?
>
> Here ya go Barb, hopefully someone here can help you with this matter
>
> Cheers!
>
> ABN

took me a minute..being in the ford group.. but I did get a laugh out of it
;)

---MIKE---
January 16th 06, 08:10 PM
My catS are still eating the Wellness chicken. There is some liquid on
the cans but there is supposed to be some oil (and water) in the food.
That (the water) is one of the advantages of using canned food. I
forwarded the original post to OMH for their information.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Levon
January 16th 06, 08:16 PM
GreasyMechanic wrote:
> Dark1 wrote:
>
> > > I dont think Lucas Oil products markets a fix for that... maybe a can of
> > > "Seafoam"?
>
> > do they smell like rotten eggs? I'm thinking cat converter ;)
>

> you got a point there good buddy
> this is what keeps me in business
>
> more of the same
> http://static.flickr.com/1/608983_5c19d06998_m.jpg

you dudes are a riot!

Rhonda
January 16th 06, 09:34 PM
Mike,

I think you should have asked permission from Barb first.

Rhonda

---MIKE--- wrote:

> My catS are still eating the Wellness chicken. There is some liquid on
> the cans but there is supposed to be some oil (and water) in the food.
> That (the water) is one of the advantages of using canned food. I
> forwarded the original post to OMH for their information.
>

> ---MIKE---
>
>>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>>>
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Backyard Mechanic
January 16th 06, 10:25 PM
"Levon" > wrote:

> GreasyMechanic wrote:

>> > do they smell like rotten eggs? I'm thinking cat converter ;)
>>

>> you got a point there good buddy
>> this is what keeps me in business
>>
>> more of the same
>> http://static.flickr.com/1/608983_5c19d06998_m.jpg
>
> you dudes are a riot!

Well, on the same subject... rotten eggs and plugged converters, that is..

Son complains of his dog having obnoxious farts... I tell him to put the
mutt on Purina instead of IAMS... but he wont because Iams is 'better'

you pay..DEAL with it!

---MIKE---
January 16th 06, 11:49 PM
Rhonda wrote:

>>Mike,

>>I think you should have asked
>> permission from Barb first.

Why - is her post copywrited?

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

abRokeNegRo
January 16th 06, 11:58 PM
---MIKE--- wrote:

> Why - is her post copywrited?

rhonda is just trying to start something you know
she's like that

cybercat
January 17th 06, 01:52 AM
"Justin L" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:58:06 -0600, "Barb"
> > wrote:

How are they? You never write about them any more.

Rhonda
January 17th 06, 05:16 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:

> Rhonda wrote:
>

>>>Mike,
>>>

>>>I think you should have asked
>>>permission from Barb first.
>>>

> Why - is her post copywrited?
>
> ---MIKE---

My opinion -- if you want to write to a company and complain or let them
know of a problem, do it in your own words. You could say "I've heard of
people who..." or whatever.

When someone is telling you about a problem with a company, you could
suggest they contact the company and give them the address.

Sending their exact words, when they may have worded it differently if
speaking to the source, and without their permission, is heavy-handed. I
wouldn't like it if it happened to me.

Rhonda

abRokeNegRo
January 17th 06, 06:51 AM
Rhonda wrote:

> My opinion -- if you want to write to a company and complain or let them
> know of a problem, do it in your own words. You could say "I've heard of
> people who..." or whatever.
>
> When someone is telling you about a problem with a company, you could
> suggest they contact the company and give them the address.
>
> Sending their exact words, when they may have worded it differently if
> speaking to the source, and without their permission, is heavy-handed. I
> wouldn't like it if it happened to me.
>
> Rhonda

SHE POSTED IT ON MILLION MAN USENET IN CASE YOU DIDNT NOTICE

wow you must be bored, I can't see one ounce of hard, or anything
worthy of your
chastisement :)

Barb
January 17th 06, 05:36 PM
Mike,

It's okay if you forwarded my post. You are just going to get a PR blurb
but I'd appreciate reading their reply.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Barb
January 17th 06, 05:38 PM
One of the other posters forwarded my letter. Anyway just for the record
the can was not part of the WG on the bottom of the can that we avoid.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

---MIKE---
January 18th 06, 12:13 AM
Barb, If you will send me a valid email address, I will forward the
reply to you. It was from Beverly who I have talked to about the
product many times.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

abRokeNegRo
January 18th 06, 12:28 AM
---MIKE--- wrote:
> Barb, If you will send me a valid email address, I will forward the
> reply to you. It was from Beverly who I have talked to about the
> product many times.
>

> ---MIKE---
> >>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

post it up here dude

why not

is there something else we should know?

MaryL
January 18th 06, 03:34 AM

---MIKE--- wrote:
> Barb, If you will send me a valid email address, I will forward the
> reply to you. It was from Beverly who I have talked to about the
> product many times.
>

> ---MIKE---
> >>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
> >> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

post it up here dude

why not

is there something else we should know?

Yes, at the very least, please post a general description of what was said.

MaryL

Sammi-Luv-ver via CatKB.com
January 19th 06, 06:09 AM
Hi,Max

I've heard it here and there and experienced the same thing..The Wellness
food a few years ago was great - tender and moist. Then they shifted
production to Canada..there were distribution problems, and the product
disappeared off the shelves.

When the cans re-appeared, they had a "Made In Canada" designation written in
teeny tiny letters...And the food was, as everyone has been saying...oily and
smelly. Maybe they're putting Canadian Whale and Seal juice in it to preserve
it.

Whatever it is, it doesn't work..It smells bad, and after Sammi threw up a
few times I threw out the few cans I had bought as "testers" after noticing
that there was a difference. Now I feed Sammi Nutro Max Cat Gourmet Classics..
..She goes NUTS over it! Licks the bowl CLEAN..(except for Veal Pate, for some
reason.

Maybe it's some sort of protest, given what Animal Rights organizations say
about veal production)...

- Sammi-Luv-ver

Barb wrote:
>My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one they
>didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and Salmon.
>The last 2 times I gave them Turkey and Salmon they wouldn't eat it. I
>threw it out and will return the 5 cans I have left over. My pet shop is
>very good about that. The dry adult Wellness they still like and eat it
>after every meal of canned food. This means they are down to one flavor of
>Wellness canned and Wellness dry. I tried a different food and one of them
>threw it up.
>What's up? Anyone else experience this?
>
>--
>Barb
>Of course I don't look busy,
>I did it right the first time.

Sammi-Luv-ver via CatKB.com
January 19th 06, 06:10 AM
Who's Max? I have no idea how that got in my message! Did I cut and paste Max
from Max Cat? Message Board Mystery!!

-SL

Sammi-Luv-ver wrote:
>Hi,Max
>
>I've heard it here and there and experienced the same thing..The Wellness
>food a few years ago was great - tender and moist. Then they shifted
>production to Canada..there were distribution problems, and the product
>disappeared off the shelves.
>
>When the cans re-appeared, they had a "Made In Canada" designation written in
>teeny tiny letters...And the food was, as everyone has been saying...oily and
>smelly. Maybe they're putting Canadian Whale and Seal juice in it to preserve
>it.
>
>Whatever it is, it doesn't work..It smells bad, and after Sammi threw up a
>few times I threw out the few cans I had bought as "testers" after noticing
>that there was a difference. Now I feed Sammi Nutro Max Cat Gourmet Classics..
>.She goes NUTS over it! Licks the bowl CLEAN..(except for Veal Pate, for some
>reason.
>
>Maybe it's some sort of protest, given what Animal Rights organizations say
>about veal production)...
>
>- Sammi-Luv-ver
>
>>My cars were enjoying 7 or so Wellness cans flavors and then one by one they
>>didn't want them any more so they got down to Turkey and Turkey and Salmon.
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
>>Of course I don't look busy,
>>I did it right the first time.

abRokeNegRo
January 19th 06, 06:25 AM
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

> Son complains of his dog having obnoxious farts... I tell him to put the
> mutt on Purina instead of IAMS... but he wont because Iams is 'better'

Purina makes good food
and Iams is not even the "best"
they just cost more...

that is good advice for him to change the food and give the poor gassy
dog a break
and everybody that has to smell it...whew

---MIKE---
January 19th 06, 02:42 PM
Sammy wrote:

>>they shifted production to
>> Canada..there were distribution
>> problems, and the product disappeared
>> off the shelves.
>>When the cans re-appeared, they had a
>> "Made In Canada" designation written
>> in teeny tiny letters...And the food was,
>> as everyone has been saying...oily and
>> smelly. Maybe they're putting
>> Canadian Whale and Seal juice in it to
>> preserve it.

I just checked a recent can of Wellness chicken and it says "made in
USA". I feed this all the time and find it is NOT "smelly". It does
have some liquid on top but it is like gravy. This is part of the water
that makes this a good choice to prevent UTI. My cats eat it right up.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

---MIKE---
January 19th 06, 05:03 PM
For a while, the chicken that I feed WAS made in Canada but the cats
didn't seem to notice any difference.

---MIKE---
>>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Barb
January 19th 06, 05:53 PM
The Turkey and Salmon that my cats don't like says "Made in USA". The
plain Turkey that they do eat says "Made in Canada".

As an American that does not make me too happy.

Barb
Of course I don't look busy,
I did it right the first time.

Barb
January 20th 06, 06:04 PM
So, today I buy some Nutro Max. This time of year I like to be very stocked
up on food but now I will just buy a few cans. Worst case, we've got lots
of dry.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,