PDA

View Full Version : Remember the angel trumphet I was worried about

NMR
January 20th 06, 07:06 PM
this is what it does to humans
http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

MaryL
January 21st 06, 03:35 AM
"NMR" > wrote in message
.. .
> this is what it does to humans
> http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html

Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).

MaryL

Charlie Wilkes
January 21st 06, 06:31 AM
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

>"NMR" > wrote in message
.. .
>> this is what it does to humans
>> http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html
>>

>Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
>have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
>they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
>beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
>this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
>the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).
>
>MaryL

Yikes. I had not heard about this one.

This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
in an effort to get high.

Other legal trips:

Salvia divinorum -- a mexican plant that can be smoked like pot, it
causes terrifying, full-blown hallucinations and is seldom used more
than once.

Morning glory seeds -- first you puke, then you puke some more. After
a couple of hours you get light-headed like the first stages of an
acid trip. Then you get a headache and feel lethargic for a day or
two.

Nutmeg -- smoked or eaten, it delivers a buzz not too unlike that of
marijuana, for about half an hour. Then a splitting headache sets in
and lasts for about 6 hours.

Dextromethorphan -- enthusiasts take about 12 times the dose on the
label and experience a toxic delirium that involves disorientation and
impaired vision.

Charlie

NMR
January 21st 06, 05:24 PM
> This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
> schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
> in an effort to get high.

Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
chance of actually becoming something away from them

mlbriggs
January 21st 06, 06:02 PM
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, MaryL wrote:

> "NMR" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> this is what it does to humans
>> http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html
>>

> Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
> have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
> they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
> beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
> this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
> the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).
>
> MaryL

You brought back another memory. I must have been about five years old
--maybe seven - my Dad had two oleander plants planted in half barrels and
placed in our back yard. My Mother warned me NEVER to smell the flowers
because they were poison. So doing what kids do, I smelled the flowers.
Nothing happened but they got rid of the plants. Thanks for the memory.
MLB

Charlie Wilkes
January 22nd 06, 12:00 AM
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:24:28 GMT, "NMR"
> wrote:

>> This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
>> schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
>> in an effort to get high.
>

>Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
>chance of actually becoming something away from them

I'm a utilitarian, Matthew. Someone has to bear the cost of fancy
medical care, and it damn sure isn't the tea-quaffing pinheads who end
up needing it. The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
some old grannie waits at the back of the line. I ask you as a fellow
citizen, is that justice???

Charlie

CatNipped
January 22nd 06, 12:11 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:24:28 GMT, "NMR"
> > wrote:
>

>>> This is why the gov't should distribute free marijuana in public
>>> schools. It would eliminate the need for kids to brew poisonous tea
>>> in an effort to get high.
>>

>>Why majority of kids in school now adays are dumb as it is why take the
>>chance of actually becoming something away from them
>>
> I'm a utilitarian, Matthew. Someone has to bear the cost of fancy
> medical care, and it damn sure isn't the tea-quaffing pinheads who end
> up needing it. The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
> some old grannie waits at the back of the line. I ask you as a fellow
> citizen, is that justice???
>
> Charlie

Sounds to me like he deserves a Darwin award.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

NMR
January 22nd 06, 01:12 AM
3 things that never can be debated with out emotion

sex
religion
politics

I refuse to answer any question that may involve me loosing my manhood to a
****ed of wife

Mr Tibbs
January 22nd 06, 01:13 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> I ask you as a fellow
> citizen, is that justice???
>
> Charlie

so it would be cheaper for you to say...email me a joint?
just be sure to encrypt it!

cybercat
January 22nd 06, 01:37 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:35:07 -0600, "MaryL"
> -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>

> >"NMR" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> this is what it does to humans
> >> http://www.local6.com/news/6269732/detail.html
> >>

> >Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse
> >have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
> >they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
> >beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
> >this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could
be
> >the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).
> >
> >MaryL
> >
> Yikes. I had not heard about this one.

See the film "White Oleander." It's great.

cybercat
January 22nd 06, 01:47 AM
"Charlie Wilkes" > wrote

> Other legal trips:
>
> Salvia divinorum -- a mexican plant that can be smoked like pot, it
> causes terrifying, full-blown hallucinations and is seldom used more
> than once.
>
> Morning glory seeds -- first you puke, then you puke some more. After
> a couple of hours you get light-headed like the first stages of an
> acid trip. Then you get a headache and feel lethargic for a day or
> two.
>
> Nutmeg -- smoked or eaten, it delivers a buzz not too unlike that of
> marijuana, for about half an hour. Then a splitting headache sets in
> and lasts for about 6 hours.
>
> Dextromethorphan -- enthusiasts take about 12 times the dose on the
> label and experience a toxic delirium that involves disorientation and
> impaired vision.

Is peyote still legal if you can prove it is part of your religious
observance?
Now THAT is a neat cactus. Fresh, it has the consistency of the firm part
of a tomato but with a gritty, bitter taste. It is best eaten with oranges,
they
sweeten it sufficiently. It was just like the tops of those cacti that have
had
red, five-lobed knobs grafted on. You had to cut out the little knots and
peel
it. While everyone else ate nine buttons and threw up and saw "God," I would
do two and find that it seemed to peel away a kind of dullness that builds
up
on our senses over time. So that colors were still the same but more
intense.
And the soul was predisposed to joy. :) I remember being very quiet and just
looking around a lot. Stained glass windows in a NYC church were arresting.
It was the same for all the senses, touch, taste and hearing, too. I
actually
came to think of it as an "anti-drug" because it seemed to sharpen instead
of dull, to clear instead of blur.

-L.
January 22nd 06, 04:24 AM
MaryL wrote:

> Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
> have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
> they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
> beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
> this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
> the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).
>
> MaryL

Oleander is really popular in central CA. I never saw any cats get
sick from it, which is a surprise since it was so abundant. We had it
in our yard and I hated it because the blossoms are so messy.

-L.

-L.
January 22nd 06, 04:26 AM
CatNipped wrote:

> Sounds to me like he deserves a Darwin award.

Sorta how I feel about it.
-L.

Mr Tibbs
January 22nd 06, 04:29 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
> some old grannie waits at the back of the line.
> Charlie

so how do you feel being associated with a Godless man?

Charlie Wilkes
January 22nd 06, 08:12 AM
On 21 Jan 2006 20:29:49 -0800, "Mr Tibbs" >
wrote:

>Charlie Wilkes wrote:
>
>> The MDs are fitting that kid out for a pacemaker while
>> some old grannie waits at the back of the line.
>> Charlie
>
>so how do you feel being associated with a Godless man?

???

Are you referring to Jeremy Bentham?

Charlie

Mr Tibbs
January 22nd 06, 12:11 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> Are you referring to Jeremy Bentham?
>
> Charlie

Oh, no, Darwin!

but, iiii see what catnipped meant now

whooh
at first, i could not decide what darwin had to do with Charlie

witty women, mmm mmm mmm!

Candace
January 23rd 06, 05:41 AM
-L. wrote:
> MaryL wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it's beautiful but highly toxic. Along these same lines, I refuse to
> > have an oleander in my yard. Again, they are gorgeous when in bloom, but
> > they are so toxic that any part of the plant can kill. There are other
> > beautiful plants that are not so dangerous -- so I just enjoy plants like
> > this "at a distance." I do not want to take *any* chances that I could be
> > the cause of sickness or even death (two-legged or four-legged).
> >
> > MaryL
>
> Oleander is really popular in central CA. I never saw any cats get
> sick from it, which is a surprise since it was so abundant. We had it
> in our yard and I hated it because the blossoms are so messy.
>
> -L.

We have it all over here in AZ, too. Our house, which is old, has a
line of them across the back of the lot and down one side. Really
tall ones, about 12-plus feet high, very dense. It would be very
expensive to pull them all out and put something else up as they serve
as the border/fence. My cats don't go out except for a small patch of
the yard where we have occasionally taken a couple of them out
supervised, and where there are no oleanders, so it is not an issue for
my cats but there are tons of outdoor neighborhood cats with homes and
tons of strays around at times and they go in and out of those
oleanders and sleep in them and I have never seen a problem. I feed
outdoor cats and worry sometimes that oleander petals or leaves will
blow into their bowl and they'll eat them by mistake but so far my
fears seem unfounded.

Candace