PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker & Joey

Charlie Wilkes
January 22nd 06, 09:54 AM
I have had tough winter since my dog, Holly, got killed a little over
a month ago. One source of solace is the friendship I have with other
people's dogs, who frequently come around because they know they will
be welcome.

Tweaker likes dogs about as much as I do, which is something I haven't
seen in a cat. He and Holly became good friends, and he is always
interested in any new dog who shows up. He somehow manages to assert
his primacy over all of them. Then he makes friends with them. Joey,
my tenants' pit bull, is his favorite. It was interesting to watch
the relationship form, and to watch Joey morph from an excited dog
with prey in sight, to a submissive dog who was cowed by the cat, to a
relaxed dog who treats the cat as a friend, just the way Holly did.

Tonight, Joey decided to stay here with me because the little girl and
her mother are gone for a few days, and they are the animal
enthusiasts of my tenants' household. Here is a picture of him and
Tweaker curled up by the wood stove:

http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/twkrjoey.jpg

Charlie

Mr Tibbs
January 22nd 06, 01:11 PM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/twkrjoey.jpg
>
> Charlie

I think it's real nice that animals can be so in tune with us.

The dog looks content, and seems to share the cats sentiments.
either that, or they are sedated from the heat

I can't quite figure the expression on Tweakers face
it's sort of a "dues paid in full! try me if you feel lucky"

Candace
January 23rd 06, 05:32 AM
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

> Tonight, Joey decided to stay here with me because the little girl and
> her mother are gone for a few days, and they are the animal
> enthusiasts of my tenants' household. Here is a picture of him and
> Tweaker curled up by the wood stove:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/twkrjoey.jpg
>
> Charlie

Cute! Tweaker is a husky little guy.

Candace

Rhonda
January 23rd 06, 06:00 AM
I still don't think Tweaker is a real cat. Maybe he's a reincarnated puppy?

Glad you guys are enjoying your visitors.

Rhonda